Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sammy Chung

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad news, but a good innings. RIP Sammy.

Beaumont2112

Groupie
Reaction score
In 1977 Sammy presented me and the rest of our team with our winners medals at Aggborough for winning the local cup final. R.I.P. Sammy.

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
RIP Sammy Chung.

For 14th birthday, my dad gave me a letter inviting us to go to Molineux. My dad played hookey from work and allowed me to wag school for the day. We were met in the Waterloo Road reception by Sammy Chung, who took the time to show us both around Molineux at a time in the 70s when it was not as usual as it is nowadays. He let us watch first team training including an introduction to all of the players. He was an extraordinarily nice man and that day has never left me. Thank you, Sammy. You were a true gentleman.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the News Feed page ( in between some of the complete and utter codswallop on there :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ) there is a wonderful piece by David Instone that has just appeared about Sammy's funeral which I assume was yesterday. It is an excellent article and well worth a look for anyone who remembers the terrific man he clearly was.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manager when I started going in the 1970s.

Not sure they’d get away with the chant “Sammy Chung and his Chinese take-away”, these days.

RIP Sammy and thanks for your part in starting my lifelong addiction.
Number 2 to Bill McGarry when l started going.

That particular chant was inevitably sung by opposition fans. There was a less polite version too featuring the racist "c" word for Chinese people instead of Sammy.

Sammy Chung and his Golden Wanderers.....

Last edited:

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Number 2 to Bill McGarry when l started going.

That particular chant was inevitably sung by opposition fans. There was a less polite version too featuring the racist "c" word for Chinese people instead of Sammy.

Sammy Chung and his Golden Wanderers.....
Did you really have to mention this? I shudder thinking about it. I never heard the more racist version but I didn't go that much being a young kid at the time. I guess racism was normal in the 70s and accepted. Shows what Sammy had to put up with and what a strong character he was. Some things from the past are better left there. But Hwang and Son still get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom