Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss to Liverpool?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lots on social media and news reports linking saiss to liverpool due to their need for a CB and his contract expiring. Left out of squad today, any truth in this? Or purely coincidence? Surely it leaves us lacking in defence and we need more physical presence not less!

D

Deleted member 11332

If he is going there, fair play but it'd be a bit like us signing one of them Albion centre halves. Nowhere near the level required.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a football perspective, I wouldn't really care.

He's okay, but not good enough. And, if he does go, I would hope we'd bring in a replacement, and I'd happily gamble that we'd be able to bring in a replacement who can offer more.

For Saiss, it would be a brilliant move, so fair play, but would be sad to see him go without a proper send off from the fans. Has done so much for us and is a great character.

If he went and wasn't replaced it would be ridiculous.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re cash poor and desperate, and they already owe us ~£41m so make it an even £55m and play Donc at CB. Otasowie is a better MF than the Donc we saw today.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some bloke called Russ on twitter has said about it. Origi coming the other way.... we will see what happens

D

Deleted member yltz11841

They’re cash poor and desperate, and they already owe us ~£41m so make it an even £55m and play Donc at CB. Otasowie is a better MF than the Donc we saw today.
Don’t suppose they have a fit centre midfielder spare that can pass the ball forward

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopp must have watched the Man United game and seen his potential.

Or

It's a rumour without substance.

Hard to believe that Liverpool are skint but that's what people are saying - possibly down to no match day revenue and ridiculously high wages? I can't believe they managed to get Jota for £4m with the rest being paid over ten years or something daft.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I’m Saiss I see the writing on the wall (Kilman), and I want to keep my Moroccan captaincy if I can’t keep my job at Wolves so I need to play somewhere.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can accept Kilman playing ahead of Saiss, but we can't let Saiss leave unless we have a replacement coming in, ideally, a top-class defender to go straight into the starting eleven. Look at the bench today. Lonwijk and Otasowie could play at centre-back.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out if the rumour is true soon enough.

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Does seem strange that having been back in the squad for Chelsea, he wasn’t involved today.

I’d hate to lose him. Great squad player and the type of character we need right now.

However, given his service for us and the fact that this would be a ‘once in a career’ opportunity for him, I couldn’t begrudge him a move to Liverpool.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I’m Saiss I see the writing on the wall (Kilman), and I want to keep my Moroccan captaincy if I can’t keep my job at Wolves so I need to play somewhere.
Possibly but he must know that he wouldn't play longer term at the Dippers. He ain't going to keep VVD out!

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
Joke, if this happens it shows how poor the club is being run. saiss has been one of our better performers this season, do the club not realise a small squad is killing us ?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopp must have watched the Man United game and seen his potential.

Or

It's a rumour without substance.

Hard to believe that Liverpool are skint but that's what people are saying - possibly down to no match day revenue and ridiculously high wages? I can't believe they managed to get Jota for £4m with the rest being paid over ten years or something daft.
How did we agree to that? It's barmy.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So are we the new Southampton then?.... Liverpool's feeder club!!! FFS!!!

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of fun, if bizarrely this happens could be interesting

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we don't sell him, and if we do they must pay money up front. Saiss is a versatile player, who I think adds a lot to the team.

What are we, a feeder club to Liverpool?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When he starts playing well for them,everybody on here will be saying, why did we sell him, IE Jota

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly but he must know that he wouldn't play longer term at the Dippers. He ain't going to keep VVD out!
But he’s so versatile!

I could see him ending up in France next summer no matter what happens in the next little bit.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5m now is better than **** all in the summer. Would need a replacement coming in though

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be a crazy time to sell Saiss. He’s been good this season and, just as he seems like he’s about to get dropped, he comes storming back with some great form. He can also do a turn in midfield, which might not be a bad thing after Donks no-show today.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a team that's not exactly under the pump every week, he'd need to win some headers, make some clearances and keep things ticking over. He'd do well there.

Defending for 10 mins every 90 would make him look a lot better than the 85/90 here.

Cue... "We don't need him, we've got Kilman" posts ... like those regarding Jota.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A random twitter account called the Jota to Liverpool correctly and everyone called them out so you never know

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
From a football perspective, I wouldn't really care.

He's okay, but not good enough. And, if he does go, I would hope we'd bring in a replacement, and I'd happily gamble that we'd be able to bring in a replacement who can offer more.

For Saiss, it would be a brilliant move, so fair play, but would be sad to see him go without a proper send off from the fans. Has done so much for us and is a great character.

If he went and wasn't replaced it would be ridiculous.
Replace him you are in dream land

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll probably sell Saiss and then Kilmann will get injured. If they are giving us Origi he’s nowhere near as good as Jota was
I hope this isn’t true. Perhaps they’ll give us the Ox too

Back
Top Bottom