Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss to Liverpool?

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely we can close the thread now!
Actually exactly what was this thread about again, LOL. and remind me again who has signed Ronnie Allen and Alan Boswell on loan,

on the QT tho i did hear Wolves are looking at bringing in Joe Brown and the Bruvvers for back up, got this from a very unimportant person, and mentioned earlier

Last edited:

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you say [Alun Evans] never did seem to be the same player [after the assault], also never heard much about the outcome.
Monday 8th December 1969: Hugh McLaughlin, 22, of Vicarage Road, Wolverhampton, was charged at Wolverhampton yesterday with maliciously wounding £100,000 Liverpool footballer Alun Evans in a club at the weekend. He was remanded in custody for a week.

Admittedly that doesn't tell you what happened to McLaughlin at his trial, but given that he was remanded in custody awaiting trial, it's fair to assume that he got a custodial sentence (a 'glassing' was considered pretty extreme by the standards of 1969).

Any Mixers living in Vicarage Road Wolvo in 1969 who might know more perchance?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Preston lad might be one for The future,ya know just like how we do things.Saiss might be for the here and now.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Monday 8th December 1969: Hugh McLaughlin, 22, of Vicarage Road, Wolverhampton, was charged at Wolverhampton yesterday with maliciously wounding £100,000 Liverpool footballer Alun Evans in a club at the weekend. He was remanded in custody for a week.

Admittedly that doesn't tell you what happened to McLaughlin at his trial, but given that he was remanded in custody awaiting trial, it's fair to assume that he got a custodial sentence (a 'glassing' was considered pretty extreme by the standards of 1969).

Thanks John de Wolf,

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Not me, but article on him here. Sounds horrific.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. Thank you. Being glassed in the face by a complete stranger when you're just minding your own business, especially when you're still young (he was only 20), must be traumatising. Of course, in those days, there was no concept of people having counselling to come to terms with an episode like that and it was considered 'normal' to just push it to the back of the mind and never actually deal with it effectively. I note that Evans himself in the interview says that his career peaked at age 20 and went downhill from there. The conjunction with the assault seems too flagrant to just be coincidence.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I played in a knockabout game set up by some of the Wolves players to help give Alun his confidence back. Frankie Munro arranged it and played. His confidence was completely shot as he had a horrendous scar from the assault.
Afterwards we decamped to the Bushbury Arms where I was humiliated by an experienced black stripper. Eric Timmins alerted me to the game which was fun but Alun Evans was a shadow of a footballer at the time and needed this friendly gesture.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss isn't going anywhere, people shouldn't believe everything they read on the internet

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday's fake news move on.. Like Liverpool have by getting 2 other central defenders in on loan!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed that we've only reached in the region of 350 posts on a cowin' stupid rumour.

Just goes to show that some of us haven't got anything better to do in the middle of a pandemic!

Perhaps as I write this a helicopter is whisking Saiss to Liverpool...

Back
Top Bottom