Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack Him

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i.m here mikic. Worst i.ve ever seen and mick has no excuses for this. If i was one of the unlucky fans who travelled down i'd be livid and demanding my money back. Awful team selection which cannot be repeated. Mick shouldn't go he should however apologise unreservedly for that. We wouldn't gain anythin by sacking him now.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How anybody can continue to back him for any other reason than sentiment is beyond me.

P

Paul76

To be fair, MM did look like a sorry state standing there with his eye all mangled up. I can't defend the man anymore. We're becoming a bit of a joke because of the way we're playing and the negative formation and tactics.

Mick McCarthy is on a slippery slope and the only way he's going to get out of it, is by picking up some good points in our next two Premiership games.

Personally, I'd like to see him go as I'm sick of seeing six or seven defenders on the pitch.

B

Barracudawolf

Don't sack him, we can't possibly play that badly under him again.

A new manager just gives everyone a new chance. To play even worse all over again

P

Penk wolf

GET A GRIP...... fickle fickle wolves fans!!!!
its not long ago when he got a point against liverpool because of his tactics..

THIS WEEKS SCAPEGOAT = Mick

Which shows exactly where his problem is, he gets a good result by playing 4-5-1 and think it's the right formation for the next 10 games and sod anyone who disagrees with him.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i.m here mikic. Worst i.ve ever seen and mick has no excuses for this. If i was one of the unlucky fans who travelled down i'd be livid and demanding my money back. Awful team selection which cannot be repeated. Mick shouldn't go he should however apologise unreservedly for that. We wouldn't gain anythin by sacking him now.

Respect your opinion mate, i think if he goes now its damage limitation, and Mick will not apologise he's a very stubborn man

H

Halfway up HurstHill

Anyone who thinks that performance is acceptable, please remove yourselves to non-league football. Absolutely rubbish from keeper through to the forwards. Not a prayer of staying in the Prem with this lot. Time to go Mick & for gods sake please take clipboard with ya.

D

Dougan was king

he should go now he has tottally lost the plot and sack flamin clipboard as well

16Matt16

Its embarassing that opposition fans must laugh their arses off at this forum

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
DG5489350.jpg
This is what we are and nobody can tell me any different.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes he got a point v Liverpool but he's used the same tactic every game since! We were playing Palace in the cup and he plays so defensively and plays hoof ball to a lone striker. To compound this we have a right back playing right wing and a debutant who was clearly out of his depth on the left.

I've supported him up to now but tonight proves he's run out of ideas, run out of steam and I've run out of patience.

S

Space Wolf

Anyone who thinks that performance is acceptable, please remove yourselves to non-league football. Absolutely rubbish from keeper through to the forwards. Not a prayer of staying in the Prem with this lot. Time to go Mick & for gods sake please take clipboard with ya.

I felt sorry for Hennessey with that shower in front of him. Great save for the first, the people in front were slow to react. The other two goals were just long balls forward that the defence just didn't do anything with.

E

envillewolf

I can't believe how many people are saying this is "just an FA Cup game". Absolutely shocking attitude.

True bbw - but how many more would be saying it and agreeing with it if we were mid table in the Prem .... ?

This board is full of over reactions - or they never followed Wolves in the dark days - things were much much worse than tonight.

Our greatest glory this year is survival .... ? :confused:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was sacked do you think Clipboard will be as well??

B

Burlton Wolf

If we were top of the premier league the performance would still be unacceptable, you lose games fair and square but when you lose in that manner it isnt good enough, simples.....:rolleyes:

O

OldWolvesfart

If I was supporting palace I would be over the moon.
They deserved the win and probably would have gained this win no matter who they were playing. They had their back to the wall and made history with 3 goals from a defender in less than 7 minutes.
We were utter rubbish. We had 1 shot on target an scored.

But to call for Mick out now ---- most saying this have less than 300 posts - out of the woodwork comes lice - but 3 major posters also saying the same.

I would hate to be in his shoes in trying to pick a team with some potential to score goals. But he has to come up with something against Birmingham.

All I know is no matter how sick I felt Mick felt it far,far worse.
I will not call for him to go but I will call for him to put it right and get us points in the next 3 games. And good luck and goodnight.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible performance but I will not be shouting for Mick's head I'm afraid. I just hope he can learn from this and we get a reaction from the players on Sunday (which in fairness we have done after every really poor result this season). We've been through tougher times than this under McCarthy and I hope that we can recover from this. Utterly disgraceful performance though and I hope that the players are $$$$$$$ed from all of the management team from their inept showing and that Mick gets a rollocking for what were dreadful tactics and execution. But sacked...no.

H

Halfway up HurstHill

I felt sorry for Hennessey with that shower in front of him. Great save for the first, the people in front were slow to react. The other two goals were just long balls forward that the defence just didn't do anything with.

Second goal went straight through him and third went through his legs from an angle. Not sure they would have got past Hannemann.

S

sheepinawolvesshirt

Where is Mick? His post match interview could have proved the most entertaining part of the evening...would have liked to have heard his side of the story.....

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been anti-McCarthy from the day he was appointed but despite's tonight's debacle, I see no point in sacking him until the end of the season. What we have now are his players and it is difficult to see how a new, more enlightened manager, could make a material difference this season. He should have gone in November but in that he did not I would not sack him until May (he should go then regardless of which league we are in) and get in a manager with more tactical nous and belief in playing good football rather than just huffing and puffing.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OldWolvesfart

Terrible performance but I will not be shouting for Mick's head I'm afraid. I just hope he can learn from this and we get a reaction from the players on Sunday (which in fairness we have done after every really poor result this season). We've been through tougher times than this under McCarthy and I hope that we can recover from this. Utterly disgraceful performance though and I hope that the players are $$$$$$$ed from all of the management team from their inept showing and that Mick gets a rollocking for what were dreadful tactics and execution. But sacked...no.

We alomost posted together with the similiar comments Chiswick - good to see someone thinks the way I do and Woburn has joined us. Sense at last.

S

SaleWolf

You coward mccarthy, no interview after the game. Do one u $$$$.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
We will keep him until the end of the season- then I hope we will finally get rid, hopefully somehow with us still in the Premiership.

Tonight was truely appallingly awful. We are going to get spanked at the weekend.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was supporting palace I would be over the moon.
They deserved the win and probably would have gained this win no matter who they were playing. They had their back to the wall and made history with 3 goals from a defender in less than 7 minutes.
We were utter rubbish. We had 1 shot on target an scored.

But to call for Mick out now ---- most saying this have less than 300 posts - out of the woodwork comes lice - but 3 major posters also saying the same.

I would hate to be in his shoes in trying to pick a team with some potential to score goals. But he has to come up with something against Birmingham.

All I know is no matter how sick I felt Mick felt it far,far worse.
I will not call for him to go but I will call for him to put it right and get us points in the next 3 games. And good luck and goodnight.

OOOHHH, I apologise for not having more than 300 posts, but my opinion is as valid as yours my old mucker, so that isn't on or fair - if you want to disagree then fine but there's no need for that. I'm sorry if you saw some of our clubs darkest days which were unfortunately before my time, but I have no wish to c us back there, which is where we are heading with these appauling tactics.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I could understand the tactics against Liverpool but this was Palace FFS

L

Langdale Wolf

You coward mccarthy, no interview after the game. Do one u $$$$.

I would hope he's currently tearing the players a new ********. And I hope he doesn't let them out of that room until the early hours of tomorrow morning.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The was a thread just like this at the end of Mick's second season when we missed out on the play-offs by 2 goals....

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do i have enough post to have my say ???

If so...........................................

MICK OUT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you go you set of happy clappers......
But we know it wont happen so roll on Sunday when i hope the team play for pride, passion and because they want to play for Wolverhampton Wanderers...

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dire, woeful, embarrassing but get used to the fact he will be at Wolves at least until relegation is a certainty, as is looking likely. The Wigan defeat puts the attitude of players into some kind of perspective and Chelsea only drew at Hull tonight. Go back to Saturday and many were claiming only drawing at Hull was the end of the world!

A good performance on Sunday and this won't be be forgotten but people might start blaming the players, particularly the centre halves for tonight rather than MM! it doesn't matter what formation the manger plays if the defence play like 15 year olds!

B

Barracudawolf

I hope he hits some people, seriously. In fact, let them hit him back, massive all out brawl. $$$$ it, get Moxey involved as well, I'm sure he knows a dirty trick or 2

Lofty

Groupie
Reaction score

Are you for real? The man cant command his box! Anything that came in the six yard box he left for the defender. However great a shot stopper he is, he cost us big time, and I was a big fan. The third goal goes under his legs?

Ill be pleased to see Hahnemann back Sunday!

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone posted previously that they hope Mick would 'learn a lesson'

Third attempt at the Premiership, lessons learned = zero

The man is too arrogant to learn lessons, his way or the highway.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The was a thread just like this at the end of Mick's second season when we missed out on the play-offs by 2 goals....

And I started one half-way through that season saying we should stick with him. But 4-5-1 away at Palace with five centre-backs and a right-back at right-wing - after a season of this type of baffling selection - is just too much. And then to take off our only winger and stick a central-mid out there, well, enough said.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$$$$ing coward, just like our entire $$$$ing team. What a shambles.

Why don't you stop hiding behind your Pseudonym after making that kind of remark and go down the Training Ground tomorrow and call it him face to face?

Back
Top Bottom