Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack Him

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

I would hope he's currently tearing the players a new ********. And I hope he doesn't let them out of that room until the early hours of tomorrow morning.

I think the players have far less to be ashamed of than their manager. He picked that team, he chose that formation, he chose the individuals to play in that formation, and he dictated the "tactics".

If he takes this out on his players when I think we all knew we'd be hard pressed to get a goal with that starting 11 then he's even more deluded than I thought.

It's not his players' fault that our midfield was so uninspiring. It's not his players' fault that he left the crossing to two centrehalves and a full back. It's not his players' fault that he coaches them to be $$$$ scared of losing. It's not his players' fault that he doesn't know his best 11.

It's not his players' fault that he isn't up to the job.

D

DY4wolf

All I will say is clock is ticking Mick, you have to pull a WIN out of the bag Sunday. Let common sense prevail and play a team where players are comfortable in the posisitions you put them in. Back to basics please lets try and win a bloody game. I'm still backing you but please please please stop this chopping and changing the team and tatics - it's not working man.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don't you stop hiding behind your Pseudonym after making that kind of remark and go down the Training Ground tomorrow and call it him face to face?

Would it improve the performances ?

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

Why don't you stop hiding behind your Pseudonym after making that kind of remark and go down the Training Ground tomorrow and call it him face to face?

I'd love to replace some of those sycaphantic, treading-on-eggshells reporters who interview him after a game.

None of this, "Mick, how much of a disappointment was that result?"

"So, Mick, five centre halves, two one-paced central midfielders and a full back in your starting 11. Did you expect to score a few here this evening?"

I'd happily take him on in a conversation. He'd probably resort to nutting me or something. Because he's a moron.

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

The was a thread just like this at the end of Mick's second season when we missed out on the play-offs by 2 goals....

The season we played negative, turgid, one-paced, awful sunday league 'football'?

Yes, I wonder why a similar thread has shown up this season.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The was a thread just like this at the end of Mick's second season when we missed out on the play-offs by 2 goals....

The similarities between our situation then and now are frightening. I recall us playing square pegs in round holes then too.

L

Langdale Wolf

I think the players have far less to be ashamed of than their manager. He picked that team, he chose that formation, he chose the individuals to play in that formation, and he dictated the "tactics".

If he takes this out on his players when I think we all knew we'd be hard pressed to get a goal with that starting 11 then he's even more deluded than I thought.

It's not his players' fault that our midfield was so uninspiring. It's not his players' fault that he left the crossing to two centrehalves and a full back. It's not his players' fault that he coaches them to be $$$$ scared of losing. It's not his players' fault that he doesn't know his best 11.

It's not his players' fault that he isn't up to the job.

Sorry - but no - the players do NOT deserve less criticism. They all deserves the same amount - i.e. plenty.

Mick deserves a LOT of flak tonight - he got a lot wrong.

But those players out there showed no bottle, no fight, NOTHING. They deserve plenty of flak too.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he won't be sacked. Nor should he be on the basis of one terrible performance. Yes this was one of the worst Wolves performances for many a year - a total embarassment- but he has earnt the right to prove himself in the Premiership this season - or not. Let's not start yet another destructive and pointless witch hunt.

We are at a sensitive stage in the season and it is important to back the team when confidence is low. I'll be judging the match performance in the verdict thread but let's not have a barrage of knee-jerk reactions here - yet again. We all know the team were crap, the formation was crap and the technical ability of our players was crap. Defence , midfield and 'attack' were crap.

The buck stops with MM and doesn't he know it tonight. I don't like kicking a man or a team when he/they is/are down. The fact is that for some of us this is no great surprise and is not simply to be explained away as a one off hurly burly Cup match. BUT the team is better than that and while I don't condone the mistakes made by MM I see absolutely no point in ranting on about giving him the sack. The fact is he has done a very good job for the club up till now. The only immediate concern is that we stay up and changing managers at this stage would be madness. Also we were without Doyle, Jarvis, Hahnemann not to mention Kites, Keogh and Edwards. The one consolation is that it would be impossible for the team to play any worse this season.....I hope.

Lofty

Groupie
Reaction score
Unfortunately what are our options now? We went up playing expansive football with two wingers and two strikers banging in goals for fun................ That is when it was going right!
There were lots of wobbles but we managed to go up as champions. McCarthy ditched the wingers ( okay, its not as simple as that), and what are we left with?

The team seems devoid of ideas, and lacks a leader out on the pitch. I didnt want Mick here at the start, I thought Ince was our man, but Ive warmed to the Mick. I like his honesty. He looked truly gutted tonight. He may be out of his depth and flawed, but Id ask this. Who could come in and do a better job? Tonight was truly depressing but as they say "out of the darkness cometh light".
I just hope we all get behind the team, like the fans did tonight for 50 minutes, pray we get a result against the Blues, and hope we turn the corner.

Wishful thinking I know!

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been anti-McCarthy from the day he was appointed but despite's tonight's debacle, I see no point in sacking him until the end of the season. What we have now are his players and it is difficult to see how a new, more enlightened manager, could make a material difference this season. He should have gone in November but in that he did not I would not sack him until May (he should go then regardless of which league we are in) and get in a manager with more tactical nous and belief in playing good football rather than just huffing and puffing.

Good not agree more, therefore, +1

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keyboard warriors are $$$$ing cowards, wrote Matt...

Who the hell are you ...?

L

Lynx Wolf

Terrible performance but I will not be shouting for Mick's head I'm afraid. I just hope he can learn from this and we get a reaction from the players on Sunday (which in fairness we have done after every really poor result this season). We've been through tougher times than this under McCarthy and I hope that we can recover from this. Utterly disgraceful performance though and I hope that the players are $$$$$$$ed from all of the management team from their inept showing and that Mick gets a rollocking for what were dreadful tactics and execution. But sacked...no.

+ 1

Palarse played well, fought hard and we were poor. The result was unexpected .... When I heard the team selection I was hopeful of a win.

I've lost my annual bet on us winning the cup but the bigger picture is that Sunday is more important. It's only 9 months since QPR and Doncaster and whilst the form of SEB is worrying we still have a reasonable chance of keeping above the bottom three.

Keep the faith. Stay with Merlin.

E

Edgmond Wolf

This the same manager who got us a point against Liverpool, a point away at Hull who also took a point against Chelsea to put it in perspective.

Lets hope Morgan does not have the same knee jerk reaction as this forum!!

Come on the Wolves

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Five centre halves and the two that played there were shocking - how bad would the other 3 be! As Mutchy has highlighted, his selections are becoming hard to understand or defend and he seems to be developing a siege mentality.

Against that survival is the only real goal this season and we're still in there fighting, but i wonder how long for, and it's becoming hard to see where the few wins we need will come from.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Of course he won't be sacked. Nor should he be on the basis of one terrible performance. Yes this was one of the worst Wolves performances for many a year - a total embarassment- but he has earnt the right to prove himself in the Premiership this season - or not. Let's not start yet another destructive and pointless witch hunt.

We are at a sensitive stage in the season and it is important to back the team when confidence is low. I'll be judging the match performance in the verdict thread but let's not have a barrage of knee-jerk reactions here - yet again. We all know the team were crap, the formation was crap and the technical ability of our players was crap. Defence , midfield and 'attack' were crap.

The buck stops with MM and doesn't he know it tonight. I don't like kicking a man or a team when he/they is/are down. The fact is that for some of us this is no great surprise and is not simply to be explained away as a one off hurly burly Cup match. BUT the team is better than that and while I don't condone the mistakes made by MM I see absolutely no point in ranting on about giving him the sack. The fact is he has done a very good job for the club up till now. The only immediate concern is that we stay up and changing managers at this stage would be madness. Also we were without Doyle, Jarvis, Hahnemann not to mention Kites, Keogh and Edwards. The one consolation is that it would be impossible for the team to play any worse this season.....I hope.

This

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Put this on another thread but maybe it should go here...

Terrible terrible performance that no one can be happy with but the reactions remind me of the 'drama queens anonymous' post that I wrote earlier in the season. We play well for a few games, some posters are happy with Mick, lose a few games they're livid and want him sacked. The modern day bi-polar football fan, wanting instant gratification to make them feel better.

We've just had 2 reasonably credible draws and have just lost having played an under strength team in the cup. I don't agree with playing under strength teams in the cup but those are the facts. I think it feels as if we lost 2 games on the bounce because so many of you were so wound up about the lack of activity in the transfer window. Sacking Mick now will not do us any favours.

Are we really that bad? Should Wigan sack Martinez? Established Premier League side, 9-0 defeat to Spurs, only 1 point ahead of us, knocked out of the cup by a League 2 side. Should West Ham sack Zola? Established Premier League team, spent shed loads in recent times, level on points with us. How about Sunderland? Should Bruce should go? Spent millions more than us just to be 3 points ahead. Should we be better than any of those teams? Who do you want to compare us with?

So you're the chairman. You decide to sack Mick. Who's the new saviour you're bringing this season?

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate here. Not one of the posters who say Mick should be sacked has suggested a replacement.

Who would it be?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate here. Not one of the posters who say Mick should be sacked has suggested a replacement.

Who would it be?

I wouldn't sack him but if we were to replace him I'd look very closely at Mark Robins!

W

wolvo_boi

Who would it be?

I dont $$$$in care!!!

A manager that picks players in the right positions wouldnt go a miss though!!!

J

jbarnettuk1984

He shouldn't be sacked, but he SHOULD be able to see certain things are NOT working. Like playing Foley on the right. I like Mick McCarthy a lot, everyone who has seen my posts on here will know that - but he needs to put round pegs in round holes. And these round pegs need to be his best ones. I'm willing to write tonight off as a bad day at the office... again, and after all, staying in the Premier League is the key. But he can't be surprised with threads like this popping up after such a woeful, inept performance.

D

Deleted member 3604

Are we really that bad? Should Wigan sack Martinez? Established Premier League side, 9-0 defeat to Spurs, only 1 point ahead of us, knocked out of the cup by a League 2 side. Should West Ham sack Zola? Established Premier League team, spent shed loads in recent times, level on points with us. How about Sunderland? Should Bruce should go? Spent millions more than us just to be 3 points ahead. Should we be better than any of those teams? Who do you want to compare us with?

I'm with you on this.

If anything there are no distractions and i can only be persuaded this will galvanise the team as a whole and focus them entirely on what is most important of all which is Premier League survival. The league performances have been nowhere near as bad as tonights but Mick seems a genuine guy who will forgive most things but lack of endeavour and fight which was in abundance tonight. Above all he needs to question himself and come up with a formula to score goals. Old cliche, but move on - they owe us a big one against the Blues. They've got in them and i'm sure they'll deliver, especially with Doyle, Jarvis & Wardy back amongst it.

L

Langdale Wolf

He shouldn't be sacked, but he SHOULD be able to see certain things are NOT working. Like playing Foley on the right. I like Mick McCarthy a lot, everyone who has seen my posts on here will know that - but he needs to put round pegs in round holes. And these round pegs need to be his best ones. I'm willing to write tonight off as a bad day at the office... again, and after all, staying in the Premier League is the key. But he can't be surprised with threads like this popping up after such a woeful, inept performance.

Exactly my thoughts mate.

An extremely worrying night IMHO.

D

Dewsburywolf

Which shows exactly where his problem is, he gets a good result by playing 4-5-1 and think it's the right formation for the next 10 games and sod anyone who disagrees with him.

I'd like to hazard a guess that he tries to justify never having to play 4-4-2 again after that "performance". Bear in mind he'd just brought on Ebanks-Blake & Iwelumo before the first goal went in.

His retort might go something like "They (the fans) were calling for us to go back to 4-4-2 so I did do & you all saw what happened"

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My worry about tonight is that he looked like Dave Jones did at Gillingham. Standing on the touchline like a rabbit staring at a cars headlights with no idea what to do.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next person who backs up their opinion with the words 'happy clapper' should be ashamed of themselves. Fair enough regarding anger towards the manager but keep it directed that way - some of the nasty stuff tonight is truly embarrassing.

It was an abysmal performance devoid of anything resembling football. My 11 year old son went to bed without saying a word. I don't think he could comprehend what he had just endured.

No surpises from me - he should not be sacked but if he walked I would not regret his departure. What disappoints me is he can't produce average performances from an average team. We can raise ourselves at times and have produced good performances and results but when we are bad we are very bad.

It was a scratch tram buy everyone who played tonight, vokes and bia aside, have played a significant role this season and they were dismantled by palace.

Back
Top Bottom