Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of info to share.

There’s some relief amongst playing staff that Bruno’s gone. Nothing personal necessarily, but he was distant with the players as has been reported.

Players didn’t enjoy training, and there’s been a much better atmosphere the last week or so at Compton. Players are currently enjoying the sessions under interims.

To summarise, I don’t think Bruno lost the dressing room as I’m not sure he ever had it.
Not really sure they should be "enjoying the sessions". I'd rather like them to be suffering a bit. (The way we are!)

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bit of info to share.

There’s some relief amongst playing staff that Bruno’s gone. Nothing personal necessarily, but he was distant with the players as has been reported.

Players didn’t enjoy training, and there’s been a much better atmosphere the last week or so at Compton. Players are currently enjoying the sessions under interims.

To summarise, I don’t think Bruno lost the dressing room as I’m not sure he ever had it.

Thanks for sharing. If true it makes the decision to let Bruno get rid of Coady etc in the summer pretty reckless. Although from what Bruno was saying it sounds more like Sellers who had the agenda against Ruddy, Saiss etc.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. If true it makes the decision to let Bruno get rid of Coady etc in the summer pretty reckless. Although from what Bruno was saying it sounds more like Sellers who had the agenda against Ruddy, Saiss etc.
He didn’t take responsibility for anything.. that was one glaring thing I noticed about him.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For here today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; he be ne"er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentleman in England now a - bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

William Shakespeare Wolves supporter ( allegedly)

The fewer players, the greater share of honour and all that. Squad of 14 will suffice for Forest

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Why oh why was he allowed to continue in the job this summer?! Should have been out on his ear at the end of last season.
Absolutely agree with this JOS.

Surely to goodness Shi & Sellars (in particular) should be keeping a watch on where things were going wrong with the performances and results that were being churned out for the final part of last season. The stats that are coming out less goals than Burnley etc are staggering and without any tangible signs of playing style improvement surely there must have been better and more likely more available options being easier to attract attract a new manager with starting from a clean slate with all other Premier teams instead of the position we’re in now

Why allow Lage to remain in charge seeing what damage he was doing to the squad moral and cohesion. Surely they could see the momentum was only going one way, downwards, especially as we seemed to be following the trend of his Benedict tenure.

Serious questions over their capabilities imho.

This feels like all the hallmarks of the McCarthy sacking or the 1st time Lopetegui didn’t join with no proper contingency plans in place.

What’s worrying me with some of the names banded about is what this means for the so called project?

It feels to me that Shi couldn’t sell the vision sufficiently and potentially that future team investment promises weren’t at a level enough to convince Lopetegui. Surely if the sole reason were due to his fathers ill health he wouldn’t have even needed to listen to what Jeff had to say and could have said Jeff save yourself a journey I’m having a break from football to spend time with my dad.

Honestly very worried where we are headed

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No worries. I did dig to for potential manager names but they had no idea.

(My source isn’t Jeff Shi by the way.)

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
As a few comments on the original post also said. Just toilets upstairs apparently. Sounds like the WUM should have done their research better :)
Was my local when it was Penn Cottage. I dated the manageress there. Spent a bit of time in the living quarters upstairs :) . Such a long time ago I think its been refurbished three times since. Definitely only loos upstairs now.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There definitely isn't anything other than toilets upstairs in M&C Penn, what a weird thing to make up

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For here today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; he be ne"er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentleman in England now a - bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

William Shakespeare Wolves supporter ( allegedly)
But...
Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of Portu....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with this JOS.

Surely to goodness Shi & Sellars (in particular) should be keeping a watch on where things were going wrong with the performances and results that were being churned out for the final part of last season. The stats that are coming out less goals than Burnley etc are staggering and without any tangible signs of playing style improvement surely there must have been better and more likely more available options being easier to attract attract a new manager with starting from a clean slate with all other Premier teams instead of the position we’re in now

Why allow Lage to remain in charge seeing what damage he was doing to the squad moral and cohesion. Surely they could see the momentum was only going one way, downwards, especially as we seemed to be following the trend of his Benedict tenure.

Serious questions over their capabilities imho.

This feels like all the hallmarks of the McCarthy sacking or the 1st time Lopetegui didn’t join with no proper contingency plans in place.

What’s worrying me with some of the names banded about is what this means for the so called project?

It feels to me that Shi couldn’t sell the vision sufficiently and potentially that future team investment promises weren’t at a level enough to convince Lopetegui. Surely if the sole reason were due to his fathers ill health he wouldn’t have even needed to listen to what Jeff had to say and could have said Jeff save yourself a journey I’m having a break from football to spend time with my dad.

Honestly very worried where we are headed
I don’t think it’s that profound. I think most credible managers will look at Wolves being second or third bottom and go ‘nah, **** that ****’.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Then again:

"A fool. a fool .. I met a fool in a forest" (or was it 'playing for Forest'?

"Methinks Jeff Shi being sensible, should think again"

or - to be negatively...

"And then from hour to hour we rot and rot
And thereby hangs a tale"
(or was that Lord Bolton about the Earl of Derby?)

Back
Top Bottom