Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rui Patricio

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noted something Jade said whilst reading the after match verdict, and have to say its something i had noticed in these last two games, and in this Sky Rui Patricio interview: Wolves goalkeeper on Nuno and lockdown report it also confirms what we had all noticed with Rui during his time here..
Rui is undoubtably up there with the top 5/6 Goalkeepers in the world, his record speaks for itself with shot stopping being his strong point, his kicking of a moving ball is his weakest, and i have never noticed before now that he was particuarly good at claiming crosses, however during the Wet Spam game and again last night on the few times he was needed he dominated in the air and it was noticeable, if this is something that he has been working on i would just like to say well done Rui he certainly gave me confidence when he came for crosses.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I noted something Jade said whilst reading the after match verdict, and have to say its something i had noticed in these last two games, and in this Sky Rui Patricio interview: Wolves goalkeeper on Nuno and lockdown report it also confirms what we had all noticed with Rui during his time here..
Rui is undoubtably up there with the top 5/6 Goalkeepers in the world, his record speaks for itself with shot stopping being his strong point, his kicking of a moving ball is his weakest, and i have never noticed before now that he was particuarly good at claiming crosses, however during the Wet Spam game and again last night on the few times he was needed he dominated in the air and it was noticeable, if this is something that he has been working on i would just like to say well done Rui he certainly gave me confidence when he came for crosses.
One of the best keepers, if not the best in the Premier League. Full stop. :)

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was noticable at West Ham, they tried to crowd the area and put bodies round him at corners but he was having none of it. Claimed the high balls with little fuss and was looking for the quick out ball. His handling is safe and sound and shot stopping superb. Top keeper with bundles of experience.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all my years of supporting Wolves Rui is the best keeper I have known at the club. Matt Murray may have pushed him close but in all honesty given the state of the club back then if injuries hadn’t blighted Matts career he would have probably moved.

Rui is magnificent.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is fantastic. He hasn't had much to do in the last couple of games, but when called upon he's got it right. I must admit though, during yesterdays match when he was in the corner and a Bournemouth player was closing down on him I was a bit nervous as his footwork is probably the weakest part of his game, but he lifted the ball over to a Wolves player so he must be as confident as anyone in the squad at the moment.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a handsome bugger as well.

Instead of the ‘You fat *******’ goal kick chant we aim at opposition supporters I think Rui deserves a ‘you handsome *******’ chant.
Can you imagine the pee takes that would follow.... "Are you Brighton in disguise" would likely be the tamest...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui just gets better and better.

I agree he now seems to come off his line more and collect crosses into the box. He has the physical presence to command the 6 yard area and beyond. His shot stopping is top draw and who would fancy taking a penalty against him after the saves he has made this season?

I thought he was a bit ‘iffy’ when he initially came in last season but that is all behind him now and he has the confidence which helps the defenders in front of him. Great understanding and communication with Coady, Boly and Saiss which is vital at any top club.

Top, top goalkeeper and probably the best in my 50+ years of supporting our great club. Sorry Matt Murray, you are second!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a handsome bugger as well.

Instead of the ‘You fat *******’ goal kick chant we aim at opposition supporters I think Rui deserves a ‘you handsome *******’ chant.
Can't argue with that. He is a ruggedly handsome chap
A man's man if you will.
When I grow up I want to look like him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't argue with that. He is a ruggedly handsome chap
A man's man if you will.
When I grow up I want to look like him.
I always saw you as more of a Joseph Merrick type....

Takes cover....

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always saw you as more of a Joseph Merrick type....

Takes cover....
Who? Let me look that up before I react.

Research done: WTF!!!
On further thought: How sad. At that day and age too. Must have been horrible.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama gets all the plaudits, but i honestly think Rui has consistently been our best player this season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who? Let me look that up before I react.

Research done: WTF!!!
Ah, found a gap in your copious knowledge...

A clue: John Hurt played him in a film...

Edited to add: l did say that l should take cover...

Amsel

Groupie
Reaction score
Being a goalie myself I'll give you my views. Rui is a fantastic shot-stopper, but he stays on his line too much for my liking. Also his kicking is not top-class, but it's getting better. Distribution also needs work, although the way Wolves play it's not really a problem.
Against West Ham he was coming for crosses, but the forwards weren't that big, and Wham weren't just banging in high balls.
Versus B'mouth as well, same thing, not too many high balls, and B'mouths forwards also small.
In the Premier League, and with Wolves' defensive set-up and Nuno's tactics it works superbly.

He's not the best in the World, I think Oblak, Alisson, Handanovic and Gulacsi are better, maybe ter Stegen as well.

Being very confident in my own sexuality I will also rate him as a very, very, sexy man, and easily the 2nd most handsome goalie on the planet.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being a goalie myself I'll give you my views. Rui is a fantastic shot-stopper, but he stays on his line too much for my liking. Also his kicking is not top-class, but it's getting better. Distribution also needs work, although the way Wolves play it's not really a problem.
Against West Ham he was coming for crosses, but the forwards weren't that big, and Wham weren't just banging in high balls.
Versus B'mouth as well, same thing, not too many high balls, and B'mouths forwards also small.
In the Premier League, and with Wolves' defensive set-up and Nuno's tactics it works superbly.

He's not the best in the World, I think Oblak, Alisson, Handanovic and Gulacsi are better, maybe ter Stegen as well.

Being very confident in my own sexuality I will also rate him as a very, very, sexy man, and easily the 2nd most handsome goalie on the planet.

Yes we all got it.
You are in first place.

I think this warrants a photo so that Jade can give her opinion.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I hope the Liverpool love-in doesn't prevent him from being in the PFA team of the year.

Easily the most consistent keeper in the league this season.

Agree with this. He’s always been really good and last season, I’ve have put him in that ‘second tier’ of keepers just below Allisson and Ederson.

This year, however, his game has stepped up another level and I completely agree that he’s been the most consistent keeper in the League. His handling and positioning are immaculate and his command of his area and distribution have both improved this season.

I certainly wouldn’t swap him for De Gea...

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've always felt that Matt Murray is the most talented goalkeeper I've ever seen at wolves and I honestly believe that without the injuries could have been up there with the likes of Peter Schmeichel and Oliver Kahn in terms of their standing in the game.

Rui came in as practically the finished article and is probably the best goalkeeper I've seen at wolves and is most definitely one of the best in the league. I'd place him in the top 10 in the world, no doubt. Superb shot-stopper, excellent handling and command of his area, no weakness in 1-on-1, his distribution is first class. The only real weakness is his kicking off the floor but it's minor and you could say the same about Murray, although the injuries definitely took their toll in this regard.

And I'd agree, with comfort in my own sexuality, he is a very 'andsome man!

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I don't mean any offence mate, especially as we all think we know football on here, but to give a technical analysis of Rui starting with 'as a goalkeeper myself' is cringe worthy.

But I do agree with most on here that Rui certainly seemed to come out and command more than I usual. Regardless of opposition (as you seem to think this negates his improvement) it was noticeable. He wasn't so commanding earlier this year or last regardless of who he was against.

Top keeper however. Best we've had as Murray just never got to prove his self over a sustained period at the top level.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can you imagine the pee takes that would follow.... "Are you Brighton in disguise" would likely be the tamest...
And then teams would have points deducted for their homophobic chants, Rui’s self esteem would go through the roof and we could all bask in the glow of being witty, 21st century supporters who are all completely comfortable with their sexuality. It’s win/win for me.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I agree about how good he is, but the odd thing is that he's very rarely (maybe never) in the various team of the week's that you see published. I think he goes under the radar, like a number of other players.

Top professional and so glad to have him in the sticks ..... if only he could kick though haha!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit slow off the line , as shown yday with Wilson incident

poor from crosses normally but has improved last two games

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very nice chap as well, actually very nice family

Not forgetting i think it was earlier this season when one of the young lads (I forget what they call them) who came out with the team on a bitterly cold or wet day/night, Rui took off his top to give him to keep the lad warm/dry, that was just another sign of the kind of man he his, we are really very lucky to have someone of his standing keeping goal for Wolves..

Y

Yout85

You're not allowed to claim to have more knowledge about goalkeepers on here than anyone else.... especially not from a position of experience :)

We are allowed to judge Adama... Raul... Diogo... et all, but can't give an opinion on Rui.

Having said that... I agree with most of what you say. He isn't the most proactive in coming off his line, but that's just his style. His kicking and dealing with crosses has improved immeasurably lately, and his shot stopping has always been there, so he is definitely one of the top keepers around right now.

North Bank

Reaction score
I agree about how good he is, but the odd thing is that he's very rarely (maybe never) in the various team of the week's that you see published. I think he goes under the radar, like a number of other players.

Top professional and so glad to have him in the sticks ..... if only he could kick though haha!!

And long may that continue. They get enough plaudits from us, they can happily go under the radar.

Particio is top class. Done it for years for Portugal and for Sporting and settled into the Prem with ease.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say he must be involved in the conversation that does include some top goalkeepers. Even if you ignore Allison and Ederson you still have Schmeichal, Leno and Henderson who have all done well this season

Back
Top Bottom