Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rui Patricio

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

RP is a great keeper - always wished England had someone like him. He’s a winner.

were seeing it in a wolves shirt now.

if you’re building a team for the champions league and you can get RP that means only need to worry about the other 10 starting places.

we are so lucky to have him.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nobody came off their line with the timing of Matt Murray
That's what I've always felt it's not necessarily the ability to come off the line it's the timing. Too early and you have to back off before you run out of area so the striker will either go round you or square it. Too late and you leave too much goal open and the finish is too easy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just looked up a few back-posts, and now I see your point :)

But it's not about fighting a losing battle, it's about winning the war.

Let the outfield players and the spectators tremble at a Goalkeeper Revolution. We have nothing to lose but the chains that keep us confined to the 6 yard box. We have a game of football to win. Goalkeepers of the World Unite and Take over the whole Pitch...and the Stands!

P.S. and the living rooms!
Get back to your world of being the hopeless player, picked last, stuck in goal out of the way, lol....

I actually played in goal for my school team a few times until l got booted straight in the head when l dived to grab a ball... Rather put me off lol

Amsel

Groupie
Reaction score
Get back to your world of being the hopeless player, picked last, stuck in goal out of the way, lol....

I actually played in goal for my school team a few times until l got booted straight in the head when l dived to grab a ball... Rather put me off lol
That was your view because you were the hopeless player ;-)

My memories* were of always being picked first, because everyone knows a magnificent goalkeeper is the basis of every great winning team

*and my memory isn't that great because I too got kicked in the head quite a lot...and I'm not even talking about football here, that just seemed to happen everywhere I went, ffs, that was how my Mum got me up for school in the morning!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10/10, not put a foot wrong. The save from the header, wow.

Last edited:
Y

Yout85

I thought he was a very good keeper when we signed him, but I have been proven entirely wrong.

He is an excellent, magnificent, brilliant keeper.

Having a goalie that good is enough to win trophies in knockout tournaments (proved by Rui himself).

If he has 3 big games in a row, which he is entirely capable of, we could very well go and win this.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As good a keeper as there is in the world in my opinion.

If you judge a keeper on his ability to keep the ball out of the net and not on their capabilities as a sweeper that is.

And call me old fashioned but I do.

R

reanswolf

Hope we show our love of him when we next get the opportunity.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Bit surprised people are talking about the save from the header, which was good, but I think he should save it, I thought the one in the first half was much better, although I'm no keeper (or outfield player).

Either way absolute top keeper and his one real weakness in kicking seems to have improved considerably, which again is great credit to the coaches given his age an experience.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The save in the first half was far more impressive. The header was a routine stop, it just looked better as it was a heart attack moment that they should’ve buried.

Most underrated keeper in world football.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many clean sheets this season now? 13 in the prem and is it 7 in Europe?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already a world class keeper yet he too has come here and improved.

This is it right here. Nuno has improved every single play in one way or another, even the ones that were already world class, like Rui and Joao. Some coach and leader he is.

D

Deleted member 4436

How easy would it have been for Rui, given all that he’s achieved, to come over to Wolves and go through the motions?

It kind of goes under the radar because Moutinho is playing for us, but we have Rui Patricio in goal. It’s madness.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How easy would it have been for Rui, given all that he’s achieved, to come over to Wolves and go through the motions?

It kind of goes under the radar because Moutinho is playing for us, but we have Rui Patricio in goal. It’s madness.

He came so cheaply as well, what, £18m? Look at the fees being banded about these days. Unbelievable signing.

North Bank

Reaction score
What did Chelsea pay for Kepa? £50mil? And they're shipping him out the door after 2 seasons.

He came so cheaply as well, what, £18m? Look at the fees being banded about these days. Unbelievable signing.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet according to all the stat evaluation type things on the athletic, Patricio is on negative expected goals, that he concedes far more than he should from quantity and quality of shots faced.

Which goes to show that stats can be useful or utter *******s. (It does have Kepa rock bottom though).

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s dirt cheap and he’s well worth the £100k per if that number is correct.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind Neves being brought up to the top of the pages/ boards for his average performance..
If the unjust 1st penalty hadn't been given. What about the great save Rui Patricio made from Vardy 2nd penalty. Which was rightfully awarded for Ait Nouri's missed time tackle and foul on the Leicester player.
If it would have been and should have been a 0-0 draw for Wolves after a below par performance from them..
Everyone for sure would be all commenting about Rui Patricio being the hero of the day wouldn't they @ Leicester?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind Neves being brought up to the top of the pages/ boards for his average performance..
If the unjust 1st penalty hadn't been given. What about the great save Rui Patricio made from Vardy 2nd penalty. Which was rightfully awarded for Ait Nouri's missed time tackle and foul on the Leicester player.
If it would have been and should have been a 0-0 draw for Wolves after a below par performance from them..
Everyone for sure would be all commenting about Rui Patricio being the hero of the day wouldn't they @ Leicester?
Honestly one of our best performers since we've been back in the big time. I was saying to my Dad today that over the years we've had some great keepers, but none match up to Rui. Top player!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly one of our best performers since we've been back in the big time. I was saying to my Dad today that over the years we've had some great keepers, but none match up to Rui. Top player!

Couldn't agree more with that, he's excellent.

Back
Top Bottom