Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Posting and behaviour on this forum.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the risk of being labelled a sycophant, I have to say that Mutchy's moderation of the World Cup "kiss" thread was exemplary. She admitted that it is a subject close to her heart, and then proceeded, under great, and mischievous, provocation to oversee a reasonable discussion. Top marks from me
I actually read that thread and didn’t comment as I knew my back would be up with the daily mail crew. So I sensibly walked away

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
At the risk of being labelled a sycophant, I have to say that Mutchy's moderation of the World Cup "kiss" thread was exemplary. She admitted that it is a subject close to her heart, and then proceeded, under great, and mischievous, provocation to oversee a reasonable discussion. Top marks from me

Hi @Mutchy,

I've been reflecting over the past 24 hours on my final comments on the "Overshadowing a World Cup victory" thread, and I think you and other posters who called me out are right. My commenting about posters "celebrating" an individual's death was completely out of line and uncalled for. I have strong views, but believe something so harsh is out of character for me.

I don't like to share personal stuff, and this is pretty difficult for me to admit... but long story short, someone close to me is dying, and the prognosis of survival is not particularly good. As you can imagine, I feel upset and more than a little bitter. It's probably why I brought up the notion of death on that thread in the first place, and drove toward a rather dark and resentful conclusion. I lashed out at others, including you, which I should not have done.

So in short. I humbly apologise to you and to any other poster who took offence at what I said. I will probably take a break until this thing is resolved one way or another, and I shall endeavour not to repeat such a comment.
Just to draw attention to the second quote here. There has been contact via PM, so I won't say anything more about it on this thread.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
I received a message from a moderator because I wasn’t aware of something, I apologised, end of but there sometimes does seem to a bit of empire building on here….that’s me banned then

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Can’t imagine the patience needed to go through all the posts not to mention the stick at times that they get I appreciate the work put in even if we don’t always agree

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont always agree with some of the moderation decisions, but totally understand how difficult it is to keep everyone in order and on track
Keep up the good work, i remember the bad old days of the Mix when 3/4 posters had the run of the site and anything went
Vast improvement over the last few years imo

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three posters received automatic 10 day bans last night - a post that streams were available, one asking for a pm, and one request for a 'river'.
We're not going to firefight this every game, so please don't put us in the position where bans are being handed out.
The links in the 'Is it on tv' thread are there so that you can see whether a game is being shown anywhere in the world and do the necessary searches yourself.
People want stuff on a plate these days.

Been on here since the old E&S days, there have been two turning points in that time. The first being easy access to the full web from mobile phones, removing the need for a laptop or PC and home broadband. The second being the lockdowns where it seems ever since, some people have forgotten how to behave around others.

Don't envy your task.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi @Mutchy,

I've been reflecting over the past 24 hours on my final comments on the "Overshadowing a World Cup victory" thread, and I think you and other posters who called me out are right. My commenting about posters "celebrating" an individual's death was completely out of line and uncalled for. I have strong views, but believe something so harsh is out of character for me.

I don't like to share personal stuff, and this is pretty difficult for me to admit... but long story short, someone close to me is dying, and the prognosis of survival is not particularly good. As you can imagine, I feel upset and more than a little bitter. It's probably why I brought up the notion of death on that thread in the first place, and drove toward a rather dark and resentful conclusion. I lashed out at others, including you, which I should not have done.

So in short. I humbly apologise to you and to any other poster who took offence at what I said. I will probably take a break until this thing is resolved one way or another, and I shall endeavour not to repeat such a comment.
Respect to you, sir, for admitting your error. I hope for the best for your near one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though she and l have not always seen eye to eye l do respect her efforts and think that you are spot on here.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done the mods. Thankless work.

The thought of having to read through everything posted on here is frankly depressing.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said Bod ,and other mods .
Many on here don't like my opinions ,and have often resulted to childish Facebook personal insults , but I've been on here a lot of years , so I'm going nowhere. This is the best forum for us fans who live hundreds of miles away , keep up the good work

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Well done the mods. Thankless work.

The thought of having to read through everything posted on here is frankly depressing.
The honest answer is that we don’t, we can’t possibly. As much as we can certainly, but with a particular eye on potential hotspots.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder who's got a red flag by their name?

On the whole a good job is done..

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The honest answer is that we don’t, we can’t possibly. As much as we can certainly, but with a particular eye on potential hotspots.
What did I tell you folks ;-)

UTW

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The mods on here do a brilliant job. Not everybody appreciates how lucky we are to have them.

Particular soft spot for Mutchy, with whom i've been lucky enough to have some communication over the years. A total gem. Clear on the rules, but also really looks out for vulnerable posters and stands up for the underdog. Kind, passionate and Wolves through and through

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a few things I do not agree with on the moderation front the main one being placed in Pre Mod is almost worse than a ban due to no difinitive time limit. A 10 day ban is 10 days pre mod can last months specifically if you don’t post much. What I will say though that is the only issue I have had with any Mods in the 10 years I have been on here and on the whole would say they do a great job. Respect to them all.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Another thread descending in to crap puns happens all the bloody Tyne
At the risk of setting off another river of poor puns, the mods are like a bridge over troubled waters

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame really that it has to come to this . We all have our different opinions

All I want is a water tight defence and the goals to flow up top .

Road runner

Reaction score
Pre moderation is the worst thing. I have been a member since 4 August 2017, rarely post (16 posts) but read the forum 4 or 5 times a day. Moderation should be based not only on number of posts but also on ‘time served’ and the as to whether existing posts have been acceptable or not. So when I do have something to say, it ends up getting lost because of the wait for moderation.
Having had my say, I do appreciate the work that the mods do, and would say that sometimes I think they are too lenient. I have placed a number of posters on ignore due to their persistence in following a preconceived line rather than listening to alternative views, thinking things through and questioning their own viewpoint.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Pre moderation is the worst thing. I have been a member since 4 August 2017, rarely post (16 posts) but read the forum 4 or 5 times a day. Moderation should be based not only on number of posts but also on ‘time served’ and the as to whether existing posts have been acceptable or not. So when I do have something to say, it ends up getting lost because of the wait for moderation.
Having had my say, I do appreciate the work that the mods do, and would say that sometimes I think they are too lenient. I have placed a number of posters on ignore due to their persistence in following a preconceived line rather than listening to alternative views, thinking things through and questioning their own viewpoint.
Pre mod is the same for all new registrations, though you are taking an extraordinarily long time to work your way up to the threshhold to come out! I will say keep going, you are not far off there.

Road runner

Reaction score
Pre mod is the same for all new registrations, though you are taking an extraordinarily long time to work your way up to the threshhold to come out! I will say keep going, you are not far off there.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom