Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Possibility of crowds up to 50% capacity in 2021

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League will be safe for a while but all other leagues in the UK will have clubs dropping like flies over the coming years. Whoever goes down this season is heading into an abyss, even if presently in a healthy financial position.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder at what point will it be safe for fans to attend games again. I've read that some experts believe this virus could be around for four years. If that is the case, and trying to keep the thread focused on football, what conditions need to be present for fans to be allowed into grounds? We talk about a second wave, but from what I've read there could be several waves.
An effective vaccine, that offers prolonged protection, is in my view an essential prerequisite.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call it a protest meeting at molineux Saturday 3pm it’ll be allowed then

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The entire season will be behind closed doors. With every moronic decision the return gets further and further away. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we are not back, even in a phased capacity, until 2022/23.
Thankfully the Premier League has come back as a ridiculously entertaining product so it's better than nothing.
I don't think there will be any trouble getting tickets in a couple years though going by the amount of people who have lost their love of the game and can't watch on tv

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The next battle is going to be who pays to save EFL clubs. The government are going to bail out sport it looks like but are refusing to give any money to football, as they want the Premier League and it's riches to do it instead. The Premier League don't particularly fancy it especially given they're losing so much money already but the public pressure on them is going to be immense when clubs start going to the wall.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An effective vaccine, that offers prolonged protection, is in my view an essential prerequisite.

Which is at LEAST a year away probably more for most of us. People seem to think this virus is going to get bored and leave on it's own accord. It might cycle up and down with the seasons and as we go in and out of lockdown, but it ain't going anywhere.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Shall we just forget about fans returning in countries like France, Germany and Poland? Final nail in the coffin for so many lower league clubs when it’s unnecessary.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute joke. Couldn't be easier to social distance in a ******** one fifth full stadium.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
That is the hope, hard to maintain a ban when we see other countries allowing fans to return.

Hopefully with the premier league statement that they start to keep applying more pressure to the government, we’re at severe risk losing the football league pyramid as we know it.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shall we just forget about fans returning in countries like France, Germany and Poland? Final nail in the coffin for so many lower league clubs when it’s unnecessary.
90% of what they doing is unnecessary. As per usual every other country is doing things better than we are. The whole thing is a complete joke

Yamalritee

Reaction score
90% of what they doing is unnecessary. As per usual every other country is doing things better than we are. The whole thing is a complete joke
Couldn’t agree more. Seems like every day life is based on a computer model rather than actual evidence. Crazy that you can have France allowing fans to return but no we can’t do that here. How depressing?!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is at LEAST a year away probably more for most of us. People seem to think this virus is going to get bored and leave on it's own accord. It might cycle up and down with the seasons and as we go in and out of lockdown, but it ain't going anywhere.
Sadly l agree.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Could be March until at least some of us are allowed in, and **** knows when we’re all allowed in, the way this government are handling things, some time in 2025 I guess. :/

Really disappointing news, just not the same watching at home is it?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've thrown the football league clubs (as well as other sports) under the bus by their standard inconsistent and ill-informed policy.

It is not difficult to get fans into a nearly empty statia safely and to maintain social distancing.

Just think how easy it was to get in to the Steve Bull pre-Nuno. Could wander in at 5 to 3 no problem and that was in a stand that was probably 75% full.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very strange to not allow people to get in to a big stadium.
Spread evenly over the sections and with the necessary rulings in place for maintaining social distancing,there is no logical reason for not letting a percentage into the stadiums..especially at Prem level.

At least 25 percent of Molineuxs max capacity should easily be allowed.Around 8K spread out over the stadium given the proportions of the stands..no worry.

I think the virus is here to stay for good anyways,so people will be back sooner or later anyways since football without fans just isn´t sustainable.Only question as I see it is the amount of damage being done in the meantime.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Wolve
The next battle is going to be who pays to save EFL clubs. The government are going to bail out sport it looks like but are refusing to give any money to football, as they want the Premier League and it's riches to do it instead. The Premier League don't particularly fancy it especially given they're losing so much money already but the public pressure on them is going to be immense when clubs start going to the wall.
As a tax payer I can't say I disagree with the government on that .... With the money thats around at the top of football its an absolute disgrace that clubs are going to the wall.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very strange to not allow people to get in to a big stadium.
Spread evenly over the sections and with the necessary rulings in place for maintaining social distancing,there is no logical reason for not letting a percentage into the stadiums..especially at Prem level.

At least 25 percent of Molineuxs max capacity should easily be allowed.Around 8K spread out over the stadium given the proportions of the stands..no worry.

I think the virus is here to stay for good anyways,so people will be back sooner or later anyways since football without fans just isn´t sustainable.Only question as I see it is the amount of damage being done in the meantime.
According to Wolverhampton Council themselves 90% of the spread of the virus was in home to home contact (people visiting each other). Yet instead of having a safe percentage social distancing and being carefully monitored in grounds they're going to have more games on tv and possibly push more and more people to visit each others homes to watch (if they've not got Sky BT etc).

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The entire season will be behind closed doors. With every moronic decision the return gets further and further away. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we are not back, even in a phased capacity, until 2022/23.
Thankfully the Premier League has come back as a ridiculously entertaining product so it's better than nothing.
I don't think there will be any trouble getting tickets in a couple years though going by the amount of people who have lost their love of the game and can't watch on tv
Totally and utterly agree on the first part. I think this season will be a complete write off. Season illness will prevent anything before April and i think we might get a few test cases games in at say 1000 fans but right at the end of the season.

Not so sure on the second part. Talking to my pals who are mostly STH at wolves, tesco or villa they are all desperate to get back (though the tesco ones are a little more calm about it for obvious reasons) but I think the more fair weather fans arent that bothered. Balance is when we do get back, the amount on tv will reduce back to before so that may drag people back.

D

Deleted member 3545

When fans are allow back it will be 10% capacity then a gradual increase but I think this season will be no fans imho

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I understand it, the issue is not so much the risk when sat down, but rather the risk when entering / exiting the stadium, and in the concourse.

Surely it should not be beyond the capabilities of clubs to organise their entry and exit processes to keep people apart in queues outside the turnstiles, moving as they enter the ground and following a one-way system in the concourse and when exiting after the game? The question is at what crowd level they can do this safely, and would that crowd level make economic sense? Wasn’t this the purpose of the tests they carried out in the EFL? For the lower leagues, I would have thought the size of crowds and types of grounds they are dealing with, it should be possible to do this.

If they can’t get crowds back, the EFL is talking about needing £250m to cover lost income last (50) and this season (200). They want the government to pay, but the government is asking the PL to stump up. I don’t think that’s unreasonable, although the PL clubs are pointing out their lost income too. A deal should be possible. I suggest that the lost income from 19/20 is covered by the government (made worse for PL by the tv rights losses), and the PL makes a higher payment to the EFL for 20/21 to cover lost EFL gate receipts on the proviso that games continue without crowds and hence PL tv income is sustained.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing is a bit daft, isn’t it? Kick off times getting moved because pubs now close at 10, so it’s fine for fans to watch inside in a pub, but we can’t allow a small number of fans to sit distanced in a massive stadium, outdoors? Bonkers. Surely there will be some research on transmission in stadiums abroad soon, hopefully that will pave the way to get some fans back in stadiums.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing is a bit daft, isn’t it? Kick off times getting moved because pubs now close at 10, so it’s fine for fans to watch inside in a pub, but we can’t allow a small number of fans to sit distanced in a massive stadium, outdoors? Bonkers. Surely there will be some research on transmission in stadiums abroad soon, hopefully that will pave the way to get some fans back in stadiums.

It is.

RobB

Reaction score

Cast your mind back to March and live events were going ahead because the concern would be that people would instead crowd in to pubs to watch it on the telly.

Italy having fans back, how many weeks were we behind Italy again?

In Italy the opposition are strongly opposed to another lockdown, or further measures. It is all politics. I gather in Germany the government was prevaricating so the Bundesliga clubs just said we are going ahead and letting fans in and the government had to go along with it.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite ironic after Boris’ Brit’s freedom loving slogans early on that he’s overseeing far stricter restrictions than our European neighbours.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite ironic after Boris’ Brit’s freedom loving slogans early on that he’s overseeing far stricter restrictions than our European neighbours.
The two things are related. Failure to act early previously arguably cost us dearly. Also once bitten, twice shy...

The problem is that too many of those "freedom loving" Brits have shown a lack of willingness to stick to the rules. What's the chances of thousands, after a few beers, doing so at a football match...

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is that too many of those "freedom loving" Brits have shown a lack of willingness to stick to the rules. What's the chances of thousands, after a few beers, doing so at a football match...

That's the thing, people will have a few beers and want to experience the match as they used to. It's not just us either: I was flicking through the channels a couple of weeks back and there was a match on (French L1 I think) where they'd introduced spaced-out spectators ... problem was, in the home end, behind the goal, everybody had left their seats and congregated right behind the goal to sing! Down the sides, people stuck to their seats but not in the main home end.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another in a long line of government contradictions with regards to covid. So I can go to an enclosed pub with my mates, 6 round a table and not wearing a mask but I cant go to Molineux to a game in the outdoors with social distancing, but I can go and watch my lad play Sunday morning. Even the most one eyed tory must see this is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom