Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Possibility of crowds up to 50% capacity in 2021

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
You may well be correct, but do they have a similar disdain for Rugby and cricket? Had this second spike not struck the way it has I think that there would have been a limited number of fans allowed into sporting venues before Christmas. Now I see little hope of attending games this season.
& horse racing where you stand round in a big field . . .

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
& horse racing where you stand round in a big field . . .

I think that any sport that is played outside should be allowed a limited number of spectators. Clubs in the football pyramid are being allowed to have spectators, so why not at all levels. Though I know that given the current situation that will not happen.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will be 2021/22 season before any crowds are back, this season you can write off totally.
The panic that is being generated by the govt. will ensure that.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The All Blacks will be playing Australia on Sunday at Eden Park. And they wil be doing so in front of a sell out 47,000 crowd. The two will meet again in Sydney two weeks later, with a crowd of 40,000 expected. While New Zealand has always had the pandemic under control, it's amazed me how quickly Australia has turned things around. It's not that long ago that parts of the country were in lockdown.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess there's only about 5 real urban parts of Oz, rest is pretty spread out, easier to contain those cities. Plus it's warmer and like us they're an island. And maybe they've got competent leaders?
40,000 in each ground, seems too many too soon?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too fussed at the minute that I car gew and watch em.as long as I can see em on the box.With having C O P D it just ay worth the risk for me.Really feel for yow young strong beasts though.Keep the gold masks flying high.:mask:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
While I don't want to appear overtly negative I think it highly unlikely we will see PL and/or EFL crowds back before the start of the 2021/2 season.
As a Member astral, I am not expecting to be back inside Molineux this season.
Molineux would have to be fully open for me to apply for a ticket, but hopefully, it will open on a limited capacity for STH's by the Spring.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
While I don't want to appear overtly negative I think it highly unlikely we will see PL and/or EFL crowds back before the start of the 2021/2 season.
Agree. And even if we are allowed back in a staggered fashion- empty seat to your left and right,empty row in front and behind, no drink,no banter, no away fans, very little crowd noise, masks on trains- doesnt sound too appealing.

TheAdmiral

Reaction score
Agree. And even if we are allowed back in a staggered fashion- empty seat to your left and right,empty row in front and behind, no drink,no banter, no away fans, very little crowd noise, masks on trains- doesnt sound too appealing.
It wouldn’t be the same I admit, but as far as I am concerned anything is better than what we’ve got at the moment.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
August 2022 is when things might resemble what we knew before.
Behind closed doors all of this season and then staggered increases for next.
Only in England though, laughing stock of the world

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pessimistic side of me says tv packages aren’t going to do PPV for a month and will likely be the season

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

not being negative, being sensible. it's over the top and i think we should get to beyond christmas before ruling anything out, but way things are going - and colossal ****-ups by boris - then i think you're right

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
August 2022 is when things might resemble what we knew before.
Behind closed doors all of this season and then staggered increases for next.
Only in England though, laughing stock of the world

think the euros might be staged here with no, or few, travelling fans. which would be nice

coady lifting the trophy at wembley, man u and liverpool relegated for being ****s, boris and trump disappear. Lovely

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are fans being allowed into games lower down in the pyramid, but not in the PL, EFL or the NL? Surely a certain amount of fans should be allowed in while not allowing any visiting supporters in. At some stage there must be a trial period held with some fans inside the stadiums.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are fans being allowed into games lower down in the pyramid, but not in the PL, EFL or the NL? Surely a certain amount of fans should be allowed in while not allowing any visiting supporters in. At some stage there must be a trial period held with some fans inside the stadiums.

Because they don’t have tv deals for income. Not saying it’s right but like I said earlier that’s why theatres and art things are allowed to have people but major sport isn’t yet.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will be 2021/22 season before any crowds are back, this season you can write off totally.
The panic that is being generated by the govt. will ensure that.
With a huge condition - that you have the certificate of vaccine ID. This is where it's all heading and not just for the right to go to entertainment venues, but the right to work or receive benefits.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I normally stagger in to Molineux so no problem with that

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be the same I admit, but as far as I am concerned anything is better than what we’ve got at the moment.
Football to me is so much more than 22 blokes kicking a bag of air around. Im not a scholar of the game and I appreciate all the other things that make the day for me. I dont like watching friendlies or u.23's etc due to the absent extras. Indeed, there's been too many times when the 90 minutes has spoilt the day!

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Problem isn’t just football matches it’s number things

1. Will football fans respect social distancing rules 100%? I bet people will try and get out south bank on one way system they shouldn’t as it will save them 5 minutes walk around the ground

2. People will no doubt go to pub throughout the day and more prone to ignoring social distancing

I think if people respect the above two in just following rules and going to the game watching it and going home then we probably would be allowed football

D

Deleted member 11332

Problem isn’t just football matches it’s number things

1. Will football fans respect social distancing rules 100%? I bet people will try and get out south bank on one way system they shouldn’t as it will save them 5 minutes walk around the ground

2. People will no doubt go to pub throughout the day and more prone to ignoring social distancing

I think if people respect the above two in just following rules and going to the game watching it and going home then we probably would be allowed football

Pubs are open and people are allowed to visit so why should people not visit them before or after? your first point is accurate though, that will definately be the case.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the government were to allow or even plan to allow limited entry then it would send the wrong message that covid is on the way out.
Unfortunately the number of hospital admissions and deaths is rising rather quickly again. It won't be many weeks before intensive care is filling up again, 90% already in Liverpool apparently.
Its absolutely gutting and miserable but I'm afraid it's a write off until the spring at the earliest unless they find a viable treatment.

L

luckyjim

Said this back at the original lockdown, they have enough data and information now to make informed choices but they won't. Simply because they treat this as a working class pastime and therefore football fans can't be trusted.

Instead of approaching the problem from a blanket geographical position they could easily look at this from a risk perspective. The correlation between age and admissions/deaths is quite clear. The only factor you then have to overlay is people living with an underlying heath condition or living with someone in the vulnerable bracket.

Also as they see it the nice little theatre audience will turn up in their automobiles and go straight to the performance and file in quietly observing any rules and cleaning rituals and sit still and perfectly quiet. Senior Police will be in the politicians ears talking about the barbarian hordes who travel to football matches on public transport, killing children and raping women whilst drinking copious amounts of alcohol on the way, before descending on en masse on the terraces and spending two hours spitting and ****ing over each other. "Keep them locked up and put it on the telly, that'll subdue them!" Oh and chucking in that pathetic term "Covidiots" isn't helping either is it?

It's not even being discussed in reality is it? Although I'd be excluded it'd be absolutely fine to let under 40's attend open air football matches and certainly less risk for example than opening universities, they just don't care, it's as simple as that. Bet Chris Whitty and Handcock enjoy a game of badminton after work though.

The best post I've read on this thread so far - the whole point of living in a free country is letting people judge risk for themselves and not the government. If they feel a football match is too much of a risky proposition then fine, they are free to self-isolate and exercising freedom of choice like a grown adult. How have we become so soft and risk-averse a society to prevent the young and healthy from participating in worthwhile social activities? That is surely the best path to herd immunity - we wouldn't have lasted long as a species if we simply hid from every disease.

The biggest Covidiots are the one's lapping up the media hysteria who think life can be lived without risk. They have become so deranged they want normal human interaction to be made illegal for a disease with an IFR of 0.03%. Every dictator who has ever lived would love citizens as docile as that. It might come as news to them but people actually get old and die and have done in greater numbers in previous flu outbreaks. Previous generations would be ashamed of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pubs are open and people are allowed to visit so why should people not visit them before or after? your first point is accurate though, that will definately be the case.

People can go to pub but still social distancing exists, you telling me George Wallis he table service only and no tables mingling?

Your telling me if you went to pub for 2-3-4 hours by time gets to match your have full head sense (and everyone else) to obide by social distancing rules

It won’t happen sadly, even if you abide to the above you’ll be in the minority

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
During the international break its been good to see some countries letting some fans in.
Won't happen here because we can't be trusted

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Looks like November before they'll even discuss it now. Just had this email:

Parliament is going to debate the petition you signed – “Allow football fans to attend matches at all levels”.

Petition: Allow football fans to attend matches at all levels

The debate is scheduled for 9 November 2020.

Once the debate has happened, we’ll email you a video and transcript.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best post I've read on this thread so far - the whole point of living in a free country is letting people judge risk for themselves and not the government. If they feel a football match is too much of a risky proposition then fine, they are free to self-isolate and exercising freedom of choice like a grown adult. How have we become so soft and risk-averse a society to prevent the young and healthy from participating in worthwhile social activities? That is surely the best path to herd immunity - we wouldn't have lasted long as a species if we simply hid from every disease.

The biggest Covidiots are the one's lapping up the media hysteria who think life can be lived without risk. They have become so deranged they want normal human interaction to be made illegal for a disease with an IFR of 0.03%. Every dictator who has ever lived would love citizens as docile as that. It might come as news to them but people actually get old and die and have done in greater numbers in previous flu outbreaks. Previous generations would be ashamed of us.
Self-indulgence writ large. Very modern, very British sadly, and not traditional as you try to assert. I demand the right to do what l want and stuff the people, including perhaps my parents or grandparents, who might suffer and die as a result. One of the roles of Government in any civilised society is to protect the vulnerable from exactly such attitudes. It is people like you who make it extremely likely that there will be no attendance at sport (not just football) until next spring/summer at the earliest.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the Birmingham Rep just reopened with 1500 allowed in a capacity of 9000 to watch ballet. Indoor arena. So why are Wolves not allowed to bring in 5000 fans (1 in 6) in an outdoor setting? No consistency.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So the Birmingham Rep just reopened with 1500 allowed in a capacity of 9000 to watch ballet. Indoor arena. So why are Wolves not allowed to bring in 5000 fans (1 in 6) in an outdoor setting? No consistency.
Because they can be trusted not to spit/jump all over each other/**** everywhere/ queue correctly/ sing / turn up on time ( im guessing)

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been to a few non league games since the start of the season, and I’ve got to admit except for the bar areas, the social distancing has been minimal, to the point you’d barely recognise the difference to the same experience before all this.

I’ve still felt as safe as going in any shops, but given the higher profile of our level it would only take about 5 minutes and some gob****e editor at the S*n or some other rag to want to make a headline.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's some odd people on here
There are some people who are just trying to lighten up a dreary day too.

While l think that your post which prompted this discussion was over-negative about football fans, the fact remains that the behaviour of the average theatre goer and that of the average match attending football fan is a country mile apart. As such subjecting the two to different rules is understandable.

Back
Top Bottom