Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Possibility of crowds up to 50% capacity in 2021

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, going to be a disaster when people start kicking off about who deserves to be there, loyalty points, etc. Having some sort of crowd there will create a better TV experience so all for it, even in a reduced capacity, if it's deemed safe to do so.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's get ready for a hugely embarrassing conversation whereby grown men argue over who is most loyal and deserves a seat.......
I fear so. Maximum 15kish and l believe that we have over 21k season ticket holders...

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it won't happen through the risk of a major spike again due to safe distancing - but wouldn't it be easier if ALL fans are allowed back into stadiums, with the guidance that everyone MUST be wearing face masks at all times.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather watch on tv or not at all. This is all just a load of ******

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If enough others agree with you those of us who want to go are sorted!

yep. I’m fine with that. Igo to watch wolves as I enjoy it. I would not enjoy stuff like leaving seats between fans, wearing masks, not singing, etc

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just treat us as humans. If people want to go, let them go. If they dont, issue a refund on season tickets.

This virus could be with us for years (look how long a flu vaccine took) eventually as harsh as it is, life will have to go on.

Unfortunately it can't work that way. If the virus happened to be transmitted inside the ground between people who wanted to attend it could easily be shared outside of football in everyday life. It's not just the risk to you (not you personally) but to others that could then be affected afterward.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously SBK is right,we have to get back to normality
We cant keep going into lockdown its financial suicide,we almost totally disreguard influenza now,despite it killing millions in the past, and still kills 20k plus each year in this country
So at some point we will do the same with this and live alongside it,and im not looking at just football here i mean all settings

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately it can't work that way. If the virus happened to be transmitted inside the ground between people who wanted to attend it could easily be shared outside of football in everyday life. It's not just the risk to you (not you personally) but to others that could then be affected afterward.
So the world stays in lockdown for 50 years on the hope of a cure?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In the VERY unlikely scenario where Covid has no cure then yes, society changes completely forever. Obviously we'd adapt, things would be invented to allow more social interaction, shops/public areas permanently changed etc, it would actually be really interesting to see how it would all shake out.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the first to be let in will be away season ticket holders as they are the most best and most loyal fans, then fans with over 2000 loyalty points this season (that's me), and then fans who have not asked for a refund on their season ticket (that's me).

p.s. please do not take this post literally

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
50% is every other seat with each row one seat out - looks like the squares on a chess board - which would mean well within a metre for Social Distancing - seats are about 500-550mm wide & about 650-700 front to back - ISH - so to even keep a 1m distance it's every 3rd seat & every other row, which is a third of a half of capacity - for 30,000 ground that's 5000 let in, which means you might be able to get to 4 matches a year - just can't see the Government or Scientists going from 2m to 0.5m social distancing anytime soon - so won't hold my breath on this one, all IMHO of course

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the VERY unlikely scenario where Covid has no cure then yes, society changes completely forever. Obviously we'd adapt, things would be invented to allow more social interaction, shops/public areas permanently changed etc, it would actually be really interesting to see how it would all shake out.
Why is it very unlikely that there wont be a cure?

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why don’t the club just take the opportunity to develop the ground now while people can’t get in anyway instead of waiting until it’s full capacity again before shutting down stand after stand?
Sounds like they dont plan on building anything... looks more like we'll only get the temporay stands to squeeze in more fans.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't we all wear one of those head set things which kids our brains on that we are there

Don't want anyone to get sick just to give me a better atmosphere-watching from my care home.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it very unlikely that there wont be a cure?

Well by cure I'm assuming we're talking about vaccines right? and there's some promising trials going around showing vaccines are already effective in animal trials, it might take a few years but it seems more likely than not, with so much money getting poured into a number of different vaccines for Covid that we find one that works, even if it requires annual 'boosters' to keep immunity topped up.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the first to be let in will be away season ticket holders as they are the most best and most loyal fans, then fans with over 2000 loyalty points this season (that's me), and then fans who have not asked for a refund on their season ticket (that's me).

p.s. please do not take this post literally
Bloody WUM, lol

TheAdmiral

Reaction score
I think that we’re certainly not going to get a useable vaccine for probably 9-12 months if we get one at all it’s certainly not guaranteed. So unless we put life of semi permanent hold for ever (which imho is existing not living) then at some point we’re going to have to accept the risks involved and return things to ‘normal’ including watching football matches. Most things in life carry some risk you just have to accept that and get on with it. It’s either that or give up on spectator sports altogether as we can’t go on watching things on the TV for evermore.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear so. Maximum 15kish and l believe that we have over 21k season ticket holders...
I'm one of those ST holders and I won't be going anytime soon. I bet there will be another 6k like me so I'd give the seats to the remaining 15k ST holders. That seems the fairest.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm one of those ST holders and I won't be going anytime soon. I bet there will be another 6k like me so I'd give the seats to the remaining 15k ST holders. That seems the fairest.
Seems reasonable. If there is 50% capacity (definitely not a given for reasons already set out by cookey) and less than 15k ST holders want to go then any remaining seats to members on a loyalty point basis.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that we’re certainly not going to get a useable vaccine for probably 9-12 months if we get one at all it’s certainly not guaranteed. So unless we put life of semi permanent hold for ever (which imho is existing not living) then at some point we’re going to have to accept the risks involved and return things to ‘normal’ including watching football matches. Most things in life carry some risk you just have to accept that and get on with it. It’s either that or give up on spectator sports altogether as we can’t go on watching things on the TV for evermore.
Agree with every single word of that.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can literally sit in a pub all day long now.
Things have been slightly relaxed already compared to when things opened back up 2 weeks ago.
The whole nonsense about 2nd wave when there is no evidence whatsoever of this happening is getting annoying now.
If people want to go back then just let them. Make masks a thing in concourses if you have to.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we can get as many fans back to football as soon as possible. I would imagine some other countries will be in a better position to welcome sports fans back sooner than England so we have time to learn from others.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yeah because that's exactly what I said?!?!

We all need to stick together for the good of everyone and hopefully we beat this sooner. Football is the least of concerns when you think that people are losing loved ones and their jobs.

I keep seeing 'it's just like the flu' but that is nonsense spouted by moaners frustrated that they couldn't go down the pub. The global reaction to the virus clearly demonstrates how serious the situation has been (and still is).

Of course Flu kills each year. But it does have a vaccine that protects most and does not spread the globe like wildfire in a matter of days and weeks.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
50% attendance for the 1st half of games (at discounted ticket prices) as we don't start playing until the 46th minute. Extended half time break to evacuate the 15000 fans then the other 50% come in to watch the second half (at much higher ticket price) and they get to see us play with tempo , score late goals and take home 3 points.... Or some North Bankers can pay to watch first half, leaving them plenty of time to leave for home before the final whistle :)

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Joking aside, I appreciate the seriousness of the debate and would like fans to come back only when it is safe to do so. It is a serious issue after all

Back
Top Bottom