Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Possibility of crowds up to 50% capacity in 2021

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've signed the petition and wrote a short email to my MP asking for his support. It might not lead to anything but if you don't try then it likely won't change at all. Plus this government has already shown it will change a policy if enough pressure is applied.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its generally the government think football fans are morons.
The way we are spoken to on away games and even some home games by authorities is a joke.
Remember the reaction when arriving back from 90 world cup, been like that since.
Us plebs cant be trusted.
To a large extent fans have sadly brought that on themselves. Compliance with all-seater stand legislation (also a safety measure) was exemplary for example...

Oh, wait, how many South Bankers on here boasted about ignoring that....

Against that sort of backdrop why would you expect HMG to trust football fans?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's moves like that that create the "them and us" or "one rule for them, one rule for us" mentality.

I am very far removed from being supportive of the government and how they have handled this, but they do have a difficult balance to find.

I just don't see how shopping centres, pubs etc are safer than outdoor sports events, full stop.

Even the Americans had crowds in at NFL games this past week and their current status is ridiculous in comparison to ours.
In one way l agree BUT the reason that the status in the US is far worse than here is because they have been less restrictive....

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was an article yesterday indicating that when we are allowed back in they’ll restrict attendance to season ticket holders who live locally.
Suboptimal for those of us who have travelled up and down the M1 and M6 for many decades.
Optimal for a landlord in Whitmore Reans when I rent a flat from him...

Sub optimal but understandable (affects me too). I presume no away fans either?

Agree that they should allow eg 20% capacity and be super strict on masks and distancing.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just cant fathom the issue with having 30% in the grounds now. Even if they go a bit OTT and you have to wear a mask when not in your seat, check temperatures on the way in etc. In every other walk of life, work, pub etc we are all allowed to take a reasonable risk.

Go on a flight, go to work, go to the pub, go to a restaurant but dont go and watch an outdoor sporting event with social distancing in place. Its just crazy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just cant fathom the issue with having 30% in the grounds now. Even if they go a bit OTT and you have to wear a mask when not in your seat, check temperatures on the way in etc. In every other walk of life, work, pub etc we are all allowed to take a reasonable risk.

Go on a flight, go to work, go to the pub, go to a restaurant but dont go and watch an outdoor sporting event with social distancing in place. Its just crazy.
I don't disagree. I guess that they question if sports fans, particularly after a few drinks, can be trusted. I imagine that there is significant police input

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't disagree. I guess that they question if sports fans, particularly after a few drinks, can be trusted. I imagine that there is significant police input
I just think as a match day industry its something the government dont really make anything off so they arent bothered about it. Its certainly dont any less safe than a trip to the pub currently, or on a train, or going to work.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think as a match day industry its something the government dont really make anything off so they arent bothered about it. Its certainly dont any less safe than a trip to the pub currently, or on a train, or going to work.
I certainly think that the entertainment and leisure industry (and l include pubs and dine-in restaurants in that) will be the first to be sacrificed going forwards.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To a large extent fans have sadly brought that on themselves. Compliance with all-seater stand legislation (also a safety measure) was exemplary for example...

Oh, wait, how many South Bankers on here boasted about ignoring that....

Against that sort of backdrop why would you expect HMG to trust football fans?

To sit at a stadium breaking health and safety.
But alot of grounds have terracing so cant sit, but not a health and safety problem there?
Morgan was being a control freak. Fosun were sensible and created a solution with the barriers.
But, let's blame the fans ay, and just agree with all the bull****.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To sit at a stadium breaking health and safety.
But alot of grounds have terracing so cant sit, but not a health and safety problem there?
Morgan was being a control freak. Fosun were sensible and created a solution with the barriers.
But, let's blame the fans ay, and just agree with all the bull****.
I'm not a fan of Steve the Builder. However, Fosun only brought the rail seats after a change in legislation. Had that not happened then nor would the rail seats, not least because Molineux would have lost its license.

The grounds with terracing are smaller.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Steve the Builder. However, Fosun only brought the rail seats after a change in legislation. Had that not happened then nor would the rail seats, not least because Molineux would have lost its license.

The grounds with terracing are smaller.
So an Englishman has a higher risk of injury than a German. Some huge terraces in Germany.

Any road, signed the petition today to let us back in. It's got to give. The virus ain't going any where, we need to live with it with causion

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So an Englishman has a higher risk of injury than a German. Some huge terraces in Germany.

Any road, signed the petition today to let us back in. It's got to give. The virus ain't going any where, we need to live with it with causion
There are historical reasons (Hillsborough, Bradford) where we ended up where we were legislatively as l'm sure that you are well aware. Germany ended up in a different place due to it's different history.

Frankly Germany doesn't have so many out and out ****s in its population and also seems more prepared to spend on policing and allow the police to get on with it (which could well involve knocking said ****s heads) too.

Last edited:

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are historical reasons (Hillsborough, Bradford) where we ended up where we were legislatively as l'm sure that you are well aware. Germany ended up in a different place due to it's different history.

Frankly Germany doesn't have so many out and out ****s in its population and also seems more prepared to spend in policing and allow the police to get on with it (which could well involve knocking said ****s heads) too.
Bradford. Fire regulations were not met mate.
You ve proven my point. Authorities stereotype and treat football fans like **** and morons.
Molineux can easily cope with reduced capacity with social distancing

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You ve proven my point. Authorities stereotype and treat football fans like **** and morons.
interesting after bradford seating wasn`t banned.the seating and the stands were improved.after hillsboro.standing was banned not improved

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest the way many fans behaved in the 70s and early 80s brought that on. I wonder just how compliant the old North Bank actually was....

For what it's worth l agree with your last sentence, depending upon just how reduced capacity actually is. I was just trying to flag what may be influencing decision making.

It's unfair to say that this is targeted at football fans though. As far as l'm aware there is no attendance permitted at rugby (either union or league), cricket, horse racing, greyhound racing or indeed pretty much any spectator sport with mass attendance either

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see not all prem matches will now be shown

Can clubs stream their own matches to fans?

seems so stupid , when 99% of people will just watch it on an illegal stream instead .

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having just heard the Prime Minister announce the new three tier restrictions, I cannot see any fans inside the stadiums for at least six more months.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am willing to sign a disclaimer that I will self isolate if tested positive (effectively I am away), will not seek medical attention is I catch Covid and will be tested weekly. (Must be allowed to sing though!)

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question for people on here, if they said we could go back at limited capacity, say 6k fans spread across 3 stands of molineux but you had to wear a mask the entire time and there would be no beer or refreshments sold in the stadium it’s basically turn up at an allocated time and go straight to your seat would you be for it, or would people not want to go if the experience is limited?

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Question for people on here, if they said we could go back at limited capacity, say 6k fans spread across 3 stands of molineux but you had to wear a mask the entire time and there would be no beer or refreshments sold in the stadium it’s basically turn up at an allocated time and go straight to your seat would you be for it, or would people not want to go if the experience is limited?
Except for the previsos you mention, and it was that number in 2 stands, it reminds me a lot of the mid 1980's and i have to say I can't remember the atmosphere being great, to say the least!!!
& as for showing up at an allocated time, lots can't and won't on a normal matchday, insisting they stay in the pub till a minute to kick-off to get their necessary beer quantity in - or are you thinking of closing all pubs and offeys within 5 miles of a ground too?
All IMHO of course.

As an aside, it can't really be 11 years since Sir Bobby Robson died, can it ??? where can that time have gone so quickly ???

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except for the previsos you mention, and it was that number in 2 stands, it reminds me a lot of the mid 1980's and i have to say I can't remember the atmosphere being great, to say the least!!!
& as for showing up at an allocated time, lots can't and won't on a normal matchday, insisting they stay in the pub till a minute to kick-off to get their necessary beer quantity in - or are you thinking of closing all pubs and offeys within 5 miles of a ground too?
All IMHO of course.

As an aside, it can't really be 11 years since Sir Bobby Robson died, can it ??? where can that time have gone so quickly ???

I was thinking of times in more recent years when the opening rounds of the league cup were utterly forgettable occasions

The drinks thing is I guess the major point. I think I read somewhere about the allocated arrival time thing, I don’t know how it would work but I’m guessing it’s fairly sensible to stagger it. I also wonder if they’d want people using turnstiles or just open the gates and have some kind of cordons around the ground so you don’t get close without a ticket

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure that l believe that picture shows the current situation. Still "interesting" that theatres and cinemas are allowed to be open though...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am willing to sign a disclaimer that I will self isolate if tested positive (effectively I am away), will not seek medical attention is I catch Covid and will be tested weekly. (Must be allowed to sing though!)
From what l've read the singing thing would be a deal-breaker.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All IMHO of course.

If Molineux reopens with restrictions then folk will either have to comply or not get in. Pitching up 10 mins before kickoff will mean refusal at best and arrest for a public order offence at worst.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Said this back at the original lockdown, they have enough data and information now to make informed choices but they won't. Simply because they treat this as a working class pastime and therefore football fans can't be trusted.

Instead of approaching the problem from a blanket geographical position they could easily look at this from a risk perspective. The correlation between age and admissions/deaths is quite clear. The only factor you then have to overlay is people living with an underlying heath condition or living with someone in the vulnerable bracket.

Also as they see it the nice little theatre audience will turn up in their automobiles and go straight to the performance and file in quietly observing any rules and cleaning rituals and sit still and perfectly quiet. Senior Police will be in the politicians ears talking about the barbarian hordes who travel to football matches on public transport, killing children and raping women whilst drinking copious amounts of alcohol on the way, before descending on en masse on the terraces and spending two hours spitting and ****ing over each other. "Keep them locked up and put it on the telly, that'll subdue them!" Oh and chucking in that pathetic term "Covidiots" isn't helping either is it?

It's not even being discussed in reality is it? Although I'd be excluded it'd be absolutely fine to let under 40's attend open air football matches and certainly less risk for example than opening universities, they just don't care, it's as simple as that. Bet Chris Whitty and Handcock enjoy a game of badminton after work though.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said this back at the original lockdown, they have enough data and information now to make informed choices but they won't. Simply because they treat this as a working class pastime and therefore football fans can't be trusted.

Instead of approaching the problem from a blanket geographical position they could easily look at this from a risk perspective. The correlation between age and admissions/deaths is quite clear. The only factor you then have to overlay is people living with an underlying heath condition or living with someone in the vulnerable bracket.

Also as they see it the nice little theatre audience will turn up in their automobiles and go straight to the performance and file in quietly observing any rules and cleaning rituals and sit still and perfectly quiet. Senior Police will be in the politicians ears talking about the barbarian hordes who travel to football matches on public transport, killing children and raping women whilst drinking copious amounts of alcohol on the way, before descending on en masse on the terraces and spending two hours spitting and ****ing over each other. "Keep them locked up and put it on the telly, that'll subdue them!" Oh and chucking in that pathetic term "Covidiots" isn't helping either is it?

It's not even being discussed in reality is it? Although I'd be excluded it'd be absolutely fine to let under 40's attend open air football matches and certainly less risk for example than opening universities, they just don't care, it's as simple as that. Bet Chris Whitty and Handcock enjoy a game of badminton after work though.

I think with the theatres there’s an element that the theatre owners and actors etc don’t get paid if they’re not allowed viewers in whereas footballers and football clubs still have other revenue streams. Not saying it’s right morally but I think that’s the difference

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I think with the theatres there’s an element that the theatre owners and actors etc don’t get paid if they’re not allowed viewers in whereas footballers and football clubs still have other revenue streams. Not saying it’s right morally but I think that’s the difference
It's a very good point as they are pretty much self-employed and there's very little help in that direction. But I do also think there's a complete disregard/disdain for Football in the House. Just a thing the scruffy oiks play.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want a return to normal matchdays, pub, singing at ground, pub, pub, pub, stagger home.
But this isn't going to happen, those in power have mucked the virus response up & now any big event will be cancelled. Got more chance of Elvis playing for Wolves than us being allowed back in before about March. We've got a bad winter ahead of us, don't think a lot of people realise.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a very good point as they are pretty much self-employed and there's very little help in that direction. But I do also think there's a complete disregard/disdain for Football in the House. Just a thing the scruffy oiks play.

You may well be correct, but do they have a similar disdain for Rugby and cricket? Had this second spike not struck the way it has I think that there would have been a limited number of fans allowed into sporting venues before Christmas. Now I see little hope of attending games this season.

Back
Top Bottom