Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Play Neto on the left

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does Gonzalez play on the right? Yes!

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing on the right but checking back to cross with the left can wrong foot a defender & also gives a different trajectory to the cross. Matt Jarvis used to do this effectively but from the opposite flank. It should also be dictated by how your striking players prefer to attack a ball into the box. We should also swap over wide players if necessary during a game to take full backs out of their comfort zone.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Inverted wide players in a 433 isn't the same as in a. 442 though surely. Also Jarvis and Kightly used to swap wings regularly, but they were both able to cross with either foot. Neto won't go outside onto his right, Adama used to sometimes run all the way round the right back using his right foot!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arjen Robben spent his whole career on the right. Cutting inside is not bad, the question is where Neto can be more effective to our team.
It really depends on the player, doesn't it? On the right Netos first touch seems to take him into trouble and I'd argue that while he is technically gifted he is better at beating people round the outside with pace than running with the ball glued to your foot all twinkletoes like Mo Salah.
I would also argue that Neto still gets in the inside left sort of spaces when he is playing on the left, and that he is better at bootlacing it over curling it not that he is bad at either.
But at the end of the day it's a mystery of life as to why some wingers work better on the wrongfooted side and others work better on their strongfooted side. Kights and Jarvis being prime examples. I have no idea why Jarvis was better on the left, he just seemed to be able to beat people on that side and for whatever reason struggled when trying to do it to on the other.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It really depends on the player, doesn't it? On the right Netos first touch seems to take him into trouble and I'd argue that while he is technically gifted he is better at beating people round the outside with pace than running with the ball glued to your foot all twinkletoes like Mo Salah.
I would also argue that Neto still gets in the inside left sort of spaces when he is playing on the left, and that he is better at bootlacing it over curling it not that he is bad at either.
But at the end of the day it's a mystery of life as to why some wingers work better on the wrongfooted side and others work better on their strongfooted side. Kights and Jarvis being prime examples. I have no idea why Jarvis was better on the left, he just seemed to be able to beat people on that side and for whatever reason struggled when trying to do it to on the other.

Not sure it will post but yeh, people have short memories of what Pedro is capable of, from the right and the left.

Hence he is a full Portugal international linked to £50m bids from Arsenal.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is a different player on the left. He was the only positive to come from Palace. I don't know why we or our managers have been over complicating it with him, almost believing the hype with all these new fashionable roles.

Neto is a proper winger. Play him as one.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff if you'd like to throw a million this way in return for the consulting as a fee you're welcome.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully he can stay fit as he’s starting to produce end results at long last. And if so he should finally get his Arsenal move at third attempt, hopefully in the summer rather than January.

Well done today Pedro.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Neto was absolutely unreal first half. He had their right back on toast.

I think he is back. And it’s been a long time coming.
Yep, looks like he's over his injuries (fingers crossed) and he's so much more comfortable on the left. This is the 20 year old that lit it up in the Covid season, Liverpool couldn't cope with him

(And we have some on here saying he's "not that good really"!)

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes he must start and play on the left, but can switch occasionally to the right if opportunity knocks. Call him a left winger like Pep does about Doku. Pedro can score goals and put quality crosses in. Your front three are Neto, Sasa and Hwang. All three will score goals.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are any of you watching sky sports news? Neto is coming up with the best metrics for assists and chances created.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He'll be gone in January if he continues to play the way he is, Fosun will want to claw more money back and replace him with a cheaper option

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most assists (joint with Salah), most crosses.

Longer term I think there is goals and a threat with Neto Sasa Hwang.

Bellegarde or Cunha gives some forward penetration from second striker or midfield. Silva and Sarabia as back-up.

Will be fascinating to see what our strongest and settled side will be - lots of places for grabs.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to play Sasa if he’s producing like this
Assuming he is fit, and somehow I think he isn’t. ISTR JL saying that he wouldn’t be ready until October (but not when in October) so we are still probably a few weeks away from seeing him start.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming he is fit, and somehow I think he isn’t. ISTR JL saying that he wouldn’t be ready until October (but not when in October) so we are still probably a few weeks away from seeing him start.
20/30 mins a game would be just fine for now and I think he’s got that in him (haven’t heard otherwise)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20/30 mins a game would be just fine for now and I think he’s got that in him (haven’t heard otherwise)
Yes agree, if he can’t make that then he should not be on the bench. The issue is who starts if Sasa cannot. I don’t think the Cunha “#9” experiment has worked and Hwang is our most clinical finisher so maybe he starts up front rather than out wide right.
If we are going to play 3 up front then Neto Hwang Cunha is the starting 3 for me with Cunha playing the right inside forward role.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal have flirted with him for the last few years and he would have probably joined them already if not for his injuries. I would not be surprised if they come in for him in Jan if he keeps this form up. Just need to make use of his skills and get some players in the box who can finish!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, looks like he's over his injuries (fingers crossed) and he's so much more comfortable on the left. This is the 20 year old that lit it up in the Covid season, Liverpool couldn't cope with him

You must remember Wolves fans are more fickle than most IMHO.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And 2 weeks after his 2 assists at Palace, I duly take back what I felt about Pedro that day! Joys of a football.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes agree, if he can’t make that then he should not be on the bench. The issue is who starts if Sasa cannot. I don’t think the Cunha “#9” experiment has worked and Hwang is our most clinical finisher so maybe he starts up front rather than out wide right.
If we are going to play 3 up front then Neto Hwang Cunha is the starting 3 for me with Cunha playing the right inside forward role.
I think Cunha has been an integral part of our best performances so playing him with Sasa to come on is probably best.

If Cunha didn’t lose his mind in the 18 yard box we’d probably be ok

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be sold in January.

I wouldn’t blame him for wanting out of this **** show

Back
Top Bottom