Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Play Neto on the left

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All these opinions are within 2 months old.

See why we need some patience sometimes?
Neto has been crap/absent since he went off with his knee injury in April 2021 until August 2023.

I am delighted he seems to have rediscovered what he had before that injury, but that doesn't make the above statement incorrect, or your quoted opinions wrong. Nor does it mean this return to form was inevitable. I really hope Neto can keep his form going for the season, he is certainly flying at the moment. Things change very quickly in football, that's just how it is.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neto has been crap/absent since he went off with his knee injury in April 2021 until August 2023.

I am delighted he seems to have rediscovered what he had before that injury, but that doesn't make the above statement incorrect, or your quoted opinions wrong. Nor does it mean this return to form was inevitable. I really hope Neto can keep his form going for the season, he is certainly flying at the moment. Things change very quickly in football, that's just how it is.

Yeah absolutely mate, wasn't claiming it did mean that. Just a sign of how quickly things can change, could change for other players and could easily change back without the right dedication.

Pedro deserves the praise at the moment. He's worked incredibly hard to get back to the pre injury peak, and arguably passed it. Long may it continue.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto seems to have a very strong character. And a bit abrasive , which isn't bad.
I recall him saying he wanted the be the best player in the world like Ronaldo.
From what we have seen in his attitude to these injuries it shows he has what it takes mentally,.
Complete opposite to Silva. IMO

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He prefers the right, as Neto has just said himself in Telegraph interview...

"I’m always asked if I prefer playing on the left or right.

“When I’m on the left I would be more vertical, but on the right I have more options: bringing the ball to the middle or going outside...

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can do both but the right cutting inside let's him show all of his brilliance. I can understand when returning from his bad injury why he looked better on the left to a certain extent it makes the game simpler. But he should be a box and goal threat not get stuck out wide waste of his quality.

I definitely like him as part of a dynamic front 3 that change l positions too. With the likes of Cunha and Sarabia that gives us a very real threat.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say, I got it massively wrong. Didn't think he had it in him to play on the right, but christ, how wrong I was.

Love it too.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can do both but the right cutting inside let's him show all of his brilliance. I can understand when returning from his bad injury why he looked better on the left to a certain extent it makes the game simpler. But he should be a box and goal threat not get stuck out wide waste of his quality.

I definitely like him as part of a dynamic front 3 that change l positions too. With the likes of Cunha and Sarabia that gives us a very real threat.
Because defenders are terrified of him cutting in on his left foot, he's afforded the opportunity to run diagonally towards the goal and to the byline in order to shoot or cut the ball back - as he did for our third goal.

He's a nightmare for defenders when fully fit.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before his injuries he showed he had the potential be better Jota. I thought after his return that we’d never see him fulfil his potential in our team, but I’m pleased to say I was so wrong. Absolutely brilliant at the moment, and is developing an understanding with Cunha that is making them a formidable pair up front. It’s going to be tough for Hwang to break back into this forward line while they’re playing like this.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Before his injuries he showed he had the potential be better Jota. I thought after his return that we’d never see him fulfil his potential in our team, but I’m pleased to say I was so wrong. Absolutely brilliant at the moment, and is developing an understanding with Cunha that is making them a formidable pair up front. It’s going to be tough for Hwang to break back into this forward line while they’re playing like this.
I actually don't think it will be. Hwang is the only one of them that can actually play down the middle. Neto did well today although pulling wide a lot of the time, but Sarabia and Bellegarde both look poor centrally. The main advantage to having Neto down the middle for me was that his lack of defensive work didn't matter, while Sarabia in particular worked his socks off. Still the best 3 for me is
Cunha-Hwang-Neto

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually don't think it will be. Hwang is the only one of them that can actually play down the middle. Neto did well today although pulling wide a lot of the time, but Sarabia and Bellegarde both look poor centrally. The main advantage to having Neto down the middle for me was that his lack of defensive work didn't matter, while Sarabia in particular worked his socks off. Still the best 3 for me is
Cunha-Hwang-Neto

It’s a great problem to have!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played everywhere today. Our three forwards rotate in and out causing confusion to the opposition. Honestly, as good as Hwang as been this year, I'm not touching the front 3 until one of them severely falters. I love their movement.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha-Hwang-Neto
Centrally? Ignore the way the lineup is written. Those three are switching all over.

Within a 5 minute period, the right side was attacked by Sarabia, then Cunha, then Neto today.

Sarabia is playing much more defensively as well, allowing Neto to counter with speed. It also allows RAN to step up when he sees a chance.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Centrally? Ignore the way the lineup is written. Those three are switching all over.

Within a 5 minute period, the right side was attacked by Sarabia, then Cunha, then Neto today.

Sarabia is playing much more defensively as well, allowing Neto to counter with speed. It also allows RAN to step up when he sees a chance.
I was there, I know how we played. Neto was central for the first hour. Yes he pulled across to the right a lot, but he was the middle of the three. Sarabia played on the right, didn't stray far.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because defenders are terrified of him cutting in on his left foot, he's afforded the opportunity to run diagonally towards the goal and to the byline in order to shoot or cut the ball back - as he did for our third goal.
That's right. Conventional wisdom suggested Neto would only really be able to cut inside from a deeper position, which is predictable. However, he has shown he is happy to drive to the byline and cut the ball back. On the left side, he's going to try to hit the byline all day, and probably won't want to move the ball onto his right foot to shoot. He's more unpredictable down the right.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there, I know how we played. Neto was central for the first hour. Yes he pulled across to the right a lot, but he was the middle of the three. Sarabia played on the right, didn't stray far.
I watched the game, I know how we played.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto provides little support for Semedo out wide so as someone said above playing in a central role he has less defensive work to do. Cunha, Hwang, Neto all interchanging will be a nightmare for all teams and it will be interesting to compare those 3 to Jota, Jimenez and Traore.

Back
Top Bottom