Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Play Neto on the left

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything he does on the right looks clumsy, unnatural and uncomfortable. His natural game, a little like Adama although i think he is smarter than Adama, is to run down the wing. On the left at least he does cut in directly towards goal.

If only Guedes could find a bit of fire in his belly because he is probably the best wide attacker at the club in terms of his skill set.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broken knee cap is a nasty injury for anyone, especially an athlete. Also depends what other tissue is damaged. It's one if those that sounds minor but is anything but.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on today I wouldn't play him at all. You could tell he peed off team mates a few times with his pointless standing up of the defender when a quick ball was on.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a 433 he can play on the right. In a 442/4231 he's got to play in the left

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have sold him and kept Jota. :)
If he's in the team it needs to be on the left...... I'd honestly use Doc as the right winger ( as the majority thinks he can't defend!), no-one we currently have provides the attacking threat on the right that Matt gives us.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep, why do managers keep making the same mistake, well, at least Bruno and GON - can't remember if JL started playing Neto on right too (and Nunes left).

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto looked great before his injury, now he is just a symptom of Wolves current malaise. All huff and puff and no end product.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is left footed. Often he will try to cut inside to play it onto his left foot, resulting in the chance going.

Since the powers that be can't seem to see this despite being paid millions to understand it, clearly they have to be told.

Nunes on the right, Neto on the left. Watch the improvement.

Thanks Jeff, you can send me the large cheque in the mail. Take it from the people you pay all the money to who can't seem to get it.
You are just so sure you’re right, aren’t you?

If only clubs listened to fans……they’d save a packet.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, Pedro is an impact player off the bench at present, where his pace can damage tiring defences.

Hwang has to start over Neto at the mo because he's a scorer of goals, better defensively - playing off the left, he'll be decent protection for RAN or Bueno - and it frees Nunes to play on the right of midfield.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Ultimately, there's a selection of fans that will never face the music over Neto and his failure to deliver end product for a crazy amount of time now.

I just hope that O'Neil shows some common sense and drops him.

Hwang and Cunha clearly have to play along with either Silva and Sasa.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could it be he is not played on the left as we have 2 young left full backs in Ran and Bueno and Neto doesnt offer much help defensively. A prime Jonny at left back might see him be on that side. Just thinking as there has to be some reason all managers dont like putting him on that side. He has the talent, but think sometimes he thinks he is better than the team he is playing with, hence the petulant frustration he shows sometimes towards some of the others.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep, why do managers keep making the same mistake, well, at least Bruno and GON - can't remember if JL started playing Neto on right too (and Nunes left).
Of course he did. At home Lopetegui put them on the correct wings, by and large, and we did well. Away he put them on the wrong wings, by and large, and we did very badly. I think it's maybe seen as a defensive measure but the proof of the pudding is in the beating.

Last edited:

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are just so sure you’re right, aren’t you?

If only clubs listened to fans……they’d save a packet.

So it's not a matter of fact that Neto constantly cuts in onto his stronger foot, which results in defenders having a chance to get back and the chance is now gone?

It is right, because I have a set of working eyes.

If you feel like proving me right, watch the replays from yesterday as much as you want. Come here again when you've finished.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this statement, not nearly as good as people think.
In his first season he played 10 games worth of minutes and had 3 goals and 3 assists.
In his second he played 31 games all in and scored 5 goals with 7 assists.

Those are prolific stats by Wolves current standards!

Then he did his knee and he hasn't really been 100% since. I think he's pretty much back, maybe not quite there, but a lot better than anyone else who might actually play wide left.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
In his first season he played 10 games worth of minutes and had 3 goals and 3 assists.
In his second he played 31 games all in and scored 5 goals with 7 assists.

Those are prolific stats by Wolves current standards!

Then he did his knee and he hasn't really been 100% since. I think he's pretty much back, maybe not quite there, but a lot better than anyone else who might actually play wide left.
He did well in a team setup for a quick counter attack, looked especially good when he had traore pulling people over to mark him and give him more space. Then cam his injury and he has lost a bit of off the mark speed, which he hasn't adapted to in my opinion.so in conclusion I don't think he is anywhere near that original player and our style of play doesn't really get the best from him.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whole point of him playing on the right is for him to have the ability to cut in and shoot on his left....a lot of players do this, example being Salah and Mahrez..

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm starting to think Neto is another Podence. Bit of a luxury, lots of flicks and tricks but little end product. When does he ever score or provide an assist?

Is he over hyped?

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whole point of him playing on the right is for him to have the ability to cut in and shoot on his left....a lot of players do this, example being Salah and Mahrez..
They're a bit better than he is. He needs to be on his strong side so that he can cross quickly and take up positions near the goal such as the one he scored from in one of the friendlies, imo.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're a bit better than he is. He needs to be on his strong side so that he can cross quickly and take up positions near the goal such as the one he scored from in one of the friendlies, imo.
I can’t recall him ever cutting in from the right like Salah and scoring, the only goal I recall from the right was against Southampton.. he seems much more comfortable on the left shooting low, hard and across himself. Plus, he gets the crosses in much quicker and beats his man more regularly..

He’s a left winger, drives me mad to see him on the right so often.

I am reaching a point with him that I feel if what the managers want is a left footer on the right, then they need to sell him and replace him.. because that’s not his game.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t recall him ever cutting in from the right like Salah and scoring, the only goal I recall from the right was against Southampton.. he seems much more comfortable on the left shooting low, hard and across himself. Plus, he gets the crosses in much quicker and beats his man more regularly..

He’s a left winger, drives me mad to see him on the right so often.

I am reaching a point with him that I feel if what the managers want is a left footer on the right, then they need to sell him and replace him.. because that’s not his game.
They say he can cut in from the right but we’ve not seen it for a while therefore total waste of time persevering on this one

Play Cunha on the right
Neto or Hwang on the left

Hwang and Cunha could be a good strike partnership good movement between the lines

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They say he can cut in from the right but we’ve not seen it for a while therefore total waste of time persevering on this one

Play Cunha on the right
Neto or Hwang on the left

Hwang and Cunha could be a good strike partnership good movement between the lines
I like Cunha too much in the middle personally, explosive runs down the middle with players running off him.. I don’t think he can find that space to explode out wide as easily.

Based on current form.. the person I want to see making runs into scoring positions when Cunha has the ball is Hwang.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think everyone knows that.
However his instinct, even when on the right, is to take his man on down the outside and go to the byline. This becomes a problem when he has no ability to cross with his right foot. Everything he gains from his pace and skill he immediately loses by having to turn back on himself.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think everyone knows that.
However his instinct, even when on the right, is to take his man on down the outside and go to the byline. This becomes a problem when he has no ability to cross with his right foot. Everything he gains from his pace and skill he immediately loses by having to turn back on himself.

Neto is regularly cutting inside and looking for the shot on goal, he just hasn't scored in that way yet..

Semedo is suppose to overlap to be the option to cross it in

floydstreet

Reaction score
This is crazy
Go back to the United game thread

Neto is great, amazing to see him back, Carragher impressed

The swing of reactions are crazy and have no logic, calmness or rationale.

Personally I’d play him on the left
I can also see the argument that Hwang has to start

But I won’t write a player off that 5 days ago everyone on here thought was great, but now wants sold. It’s not championship manager crikey

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neto is regularly cutting inside and looking for the shot on goal, he just hasn't scored in that way yet..

That bit about Semedo is a problem in itself. It doesn't seem to be his game and it's very high risk.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry but that’s not what I’m seeing. He takes the ball too far to cut in for a shot.
He cuts back so he can cross with his left

He’s most dangerous on the left beating his man, getting to the byline, then he often carries the ball along the line towards the goal and passes back towards the penalty spot. That’s what I’ve seen him do when he’s looked a threat.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He needs selling. I'm not sure why we've been playing them on the wrong side, but he clearly isn't willing to put in the defensive work that managers demand these days. He's never done it, as far as I know.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neto is left footed. Often he will try to cut inside to play it onto his left foot, resulting in the chance going.

Since the powers that be can't seem to see this despite being paid millions to understand it, clearly they have to be told.

Nunes on the right, Neto on the left. Watch the improvement.

Thanks Jeff, you can send me the large cheque in the mail. Take it from the people you pay all the money to who can't seem to get it.
Can we make DasWolf manager please?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree but I reckon there is a knack to it. Players like Salah turn inside whilst still moving in a fluid motion whereas Neto stops, pretends to go on his right a few times before going on to his left and having nobody to pass to.

Sarabia is better than him in these areas because he isn't an out and out winger so takes up positions where his body is already open - Neto still plays like a winger who is asked to play on the wrong side.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised nobody hasn't bumped this up earlier..

Probably the most positive thing that came out of C Palace 3-2 defeat was Pedro playing on the left where most fans agree he plays better..
Proving it in a way by ended up with 2 assists :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom