Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pick your championship team for 2012/13

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK. So it's fairly obvious to everybody bar the truly optimistic/deluded that we're now dead and buried with only 10 more nails to be hammered home.

As it stand with out bringing any players in...

-----------------De Vries

Foley-------Stearman---Berra--------Ward

Kightly--------Henry----Edwrads------Hammill

------------Ebanks Blake---Vokes

I think Johnson, Hennessey, Zubar, Guedioura, O'Hara, Hunt, Fletcher, Jarvis, Doyle and Milijas will all be looking to get away in the summer. Whether or not they all will get their moves is open to question but if they do, that's what we'll be left with. Not a bad championship team all things considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not all that list will go and can't see many clubs wanting them to be honest. The obvious ones will move, fletch, jarvo and hen and fair play to them. Who wOuld want Doyle Ohara etc?? As long as Johnson $$$$s off and takes milijas and hammil with him then I'm happy. My team would be

De vries

Zubes. Stears. Berra. Ward

Edwards. Henry.

Kites. New winger

Doyle. Seb

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now the team will only just make the play offs mind

E

ev123uk

Would like to see Baath around the first team next season.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If vokes is near it then mid table at best

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends what we want really, if we think we can hold on to most of these players and under a proper manager give it a go at automatic then great. If we want to start again then players like batth, zele, forde, Gorman all may as well be in and around the first team and let's see what they are like in a couple of years

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fat Lady isnt in the building yet... Not quite!!

C

crasm98

Ikeme

Zubar
Berra
Bath
Ward

Kightly
Henry
O hara
Hunt

Vokes
Seb

J

johnybig32

Interesting that the ray of light that was Davis is not in anyones team as far.

MM did a good job of building a squad that if over performs will stay up but if dont will go down and no-one will look at them! ;)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our Prem team for next season:
Hen
Zubar-Onouha-Bassong-Figueroa
Kightly-Ohara-Gardner-Frimpong-Jarvis
Fletcher

Morgan finally gets the message that we need to strengthen Alot

In
Onouha
Gardner
Bassong
Figueroa
Frimpong(loan)

Out
All the deadwood

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha ha. Good post! But you're obviously suffering from a hangover

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hennessey
Foley, Stearman, A N Other, Ward
Kightly, Henry, Guedioura, Jarvis
Ebanks-Blake, A N Other

Subs: Ikeme, Edwards, Vokes, Ismail, Elokobi

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK. So it's fairly obvious to everybody bar the truly optimistic/deluded that we're now dead and buried with only 10 more nails to be hammered home.

I think Johnson, Hennessey, Zubar, Guedioura, O'Hara, Hunt, Fletcher, Jarvis, Doyle and Milijas will all be looking to get away in the summer. Whether or not they all will get their moves is open to question but if they do, that's what we'll be left with. Not a bad championship team all things considered.

You honestly think that's not a bad championship team? I think that team would stuggle mid table at the best.

B

BlakemoreWolf

Hennessey

Zubar
Stearman
Berra
Elokobi

Kightly
Edwards
Henry
Hunt

Ebanks-Blake
Doyle

De Vries, Ismail, Foley, Hammill, Vokes

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I am ever more convinced Stephen Ward is not a left back and that is one of the major issues to be addressed wherever we end up.We can also add in getting a proper captain and players with pace and power.Not much really.

E

Essex Wolf

I am ever more convinced Stephen Ward is not a left back and that is one of the major issues to be addressed wherever we end up.We can also add in getting a proper captain and players with pace and power.Not much really.

He did have a bad game yesterday jonzy but then so did the majority.

Ward however is usualy Mr steady and reliable but he was all over the place yesterday and lost the ball a few times.

A

andyc225

.................... New Goalkeeper .....................
Doherty/Foley...Stearman...Berra...Ward/George
Kightly...Henry/Davis...Gued/Ned/New Attacking Mid...Ismail
...........Doyle/New Striker.....SEB/McAlinden......

Ideally we'll be looking to learn from the mistakes of the first 3 seasons in the Prem. A new manager will come in bringing a nice brand of football and a new coaching staff.

DDV isn't my cup of tea, and I don't believe he is good enough back up for the Hen now, let alone as a first choice keeper in the Championship.

During our season out, I believe that we can look to invest some money in a better scouting framework. If our budget is going to be similar to what we have now in the future, then foreign gems are the way to go. Over the course of the first season, our new scouting network should be looking to bring in the players mentioned above.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see us do a Blues and have a complete clear-out.

I don't think Guedioura (as long as he gets games) or Hunt (too injured) would want to move on. But I do think we'd get offers for Ward, as unfashionable as he is he's a competant all-rounder in the mould of Phil Neville. Tony Hibbert is the closest example i can think of and Wardy is better than him!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He did have a bad game yesterday jonzy but then so did the majority.

Ward however is usualy Mr steady and reliable but he was all over the place yesterday and lost the ball a few times.

Yes he has been one of our better players but he is being found out.He does not have a defender's instinct.He backs off and turns his back on an attacker down his side.Equally we have also tried to manufacture Stearman into a RB as we have with Zubar who despite being an honest trier who wears his heart on his sleeve is also indicative of some of our failings.I want round pegs in round holes and that starts with two proper Full Backs.

D

Deleted member 3545

this is how i can see Wolves lining up next season

De Vries/Ikeme

Foley/Zubar-------Craddock/Batth---Berra--------Ward/Elokobi

Kightly/Hammill--------Henry/Davis----Edwards/Guedioura------Hunt

Ebanks Blake---Vokes

Hennessey, Stearman, Johnson, Milijas, O'Hara Jarvis, Fletcher, Doyle IMHO will all be sold.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
de vries

zubar ... .... ward
kightly davis .... hammill
blake ...

We should have a lot of money to spend on those 4 important positions to improve the spine of our team.

Its aboiut time we found a quality centree back and a quality centre midfielder

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikemi
Foley
Berra
Batth
Ward
Henry/Davies
Ohara/new creative mid
New right Winger/kightly/Zelli
New Left Winger/Forde
SEB
New striker with pace

Players it like the look of with a £10m budget (from the £30m we will get from Fletcher/Jarvis/Hen/Doyle/Zubar)

Ched Evens
Jordan Rhodes
Joe Bennett
Baptiste
Matt Philips
Koren (ex Baggie but too good for Hull)
Jay Rodrigeuz
Chris Burke (blues are skint)

Mix in three or for of those with the likes of Batth and Davies, plus what we have left and a good manager should be pushing for promotion. I think McAlinden, Forde, and Zeli could all get some game time in the championship.

B

Bully

Ikeme

Foley
Berra
Stearman
Ward

Kightly
Davis
Henry
Hunt

SEB
Vokes

any new player can replace anyone long as there suitabley better.

R

RichDavi

Is Matt Mills still $$$$e? Maybe Leicester will want rid after he's done a Roger for them - could do well at a different club...

If Reading don't get promoted (though I'm crossing my fingers that they do) then we should go on a raid of our feeder club - some great talent in there.

We also shouldn't be afraid of getting in some older players who have had their time in the prem. Jason Roberts (at Reading) is a good example of this.

Kightly/Jarvis on the wings, SEB up front. People aren't inspired by Dorus but he did well for Swansea don't forget.

And we definitely need to bring the kids through, this is the perfect time to do so...

Also an experienced Championship manager...get Hughton.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Hennessey (still not the finished article)

Zubar (loves the club)
Stearman (an excellent championship defender)
Berra (probably now an excellent championship defender)
Ward (do a job)

Hunt (might do a job)
Henry (Captain)
O'hara (needs a season down there...what has he ever actually done in the prem)
Jarvis (I just have a feeling we will keep hold of him, Not sure why)

Ebanks-Blake (prolific again, maybe?)
Doyle (player of the season beyond doubt)

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I doubt a Premiership manager will come in for Hennessy. Good shot stopper but error prone and does not yet dominate his area. I would not be surprised if he stays clear of injury if Ikeme makes the position his own next season. Clearly Fletcher is Premiership quality, other players could be signed and do a good job in the Premiership, funnily I think Ward might be signed if he wants away. Doyle may actually look for a move but I don't believe he would necessarily get above a mid-table team. Jarvis might also get a move if he wants it.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kightly--------Henry----Edwards------Hunt

------------Ebanks Blake---Rhodes

Only 1 signing! Depending on who comes in for him and money offered Jarvis on the left instead of Hunt!

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Personally think that Guedioura would be a big player for us in the Championship. A full season of games could be just what he needs to realise his undoubted talent.

J

johnybig32

We all have seemed to miss the point that a new manager must be the most important.

Also, interesting how many chose 442, not 451.

D

Deleted member 3545

Hennessey :- good signing for a mid-bottom table prem team rumours the other year that man city wanted to sign him.

Stearman :-young defender that was once linked to liverpool again ok for a newly promoted team or a team like norwich and swansea.

Johnson :- will go just hasnt settled in bust up with fans etc unless a new manager can work their magic.

Milijas :- just hasnt been a regular and will come out with needs to play top football for international progress etc may move abroad.

O'Hara :-Will be looking to get back into the prem asap bust up with fans etc

Jarvis :- mid table prem player, will need to move if he wants to add to his 1 england cap will be interest from prem clubs.

Fletcher :- top goal scorer wll attract interest from other clubs just like when he was top scorer at burnley when they went down and wolves came in for him.

Doyle :- another player that will attract interest who was linked to Arsenal the other season and everton this season highly rated by football pundits and managers alike.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's odd that people mostly think we will sell all our best players and a) not replace them and b) that if we have 5 or 6 players who will be head hunted why are we struggling?
Also at least 1 poster suggests that what is basically our championship winning side plus 3 years prem experience will struggle to mid-table.
Personally IF we get relegated I don't think any of us can have any idea of the side as we may be surprised by who goes and who stays. But most importantly a new manager will have his own ideas, probably very different from Mick if, as rumoured we are looking at young managers who favour a more passing style of play.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

8 of our promotion winning side? If that doesn't say just how much things have stagnated on the playing front nothing does?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's odd that people mostly think we will sell all our best players and a) not replace them and b) that if we have 5 or 6 players who will be head hunted why are we struggling?
Also at least 1 poster suggests that what is basically our championship winning side plus 3 years prem experience will struggle to mid-table.
Personally IF we get relegated I don't think any of us can have any idea of the side as we may be surprised by who goes and who stays. But most importantly a new manager will have his own ideas, probably very different from Mick if, as rumoured we are looking at young managers who favour a more passing style of play.

I agree with this. Who goes and who stays depends on who wants who when and for how much. If someone want Jarvo & Fletcher under our evaluation and they want top flight Football, can we loan them out for one season with a recall if we want extra class to make promotion from March onwards?

S

spittlep

I think ,Johnson, Hennessey, Zubar Guedioura, O'Hara, Hunt, Fletcher, Jarvis, Doyle and Milijas will all be looking to getaway in the summer. Whether or not they all will get their moves is open to question but if they do, that's what we'll be left with. Not a bad championship team all things considered.

None of the above deserve to be playing Premier league football after hoe they have performed for us this season

D

Dewsburywolf

Kightly--------Henry----Edwrads------Hamill

8 of our promotion winning side? If that doesn't say just how much things have stagnated on the playing front nothing does?

As my highlighting of players shows it's actually 9 :eek:

F

FLEET WOLF

I see everybody has SEB in their team-he may score goals again in the Championship, but in all honesty I think he should be moved on as well.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I think we would be foolish to get rid of SEB if we went down. Has won the Golden Boot twice in that division and for the money we would receive for him, I don't think we would get anyone in with that pedigree.

If we stay up this year then I think SEB will be off to try and find regular first team football elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom