Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pepe (Gremio)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we might signing pepe for porto..... Send him there as part of deals we are doing...
This has crossed my mind. I'm struggling to see how he'd get a work permit to play for us, and he would overload us with wide attackers. But send him to Porto or someone like that where he gets to play in the Champions League and in twelve months if all goes to plan he'd probably get one easily (much like Carlos Vinicius now would after his season with Benfica)

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
This has crossed my mind. I'm struggling to see how he'd get a work permit to play for us, and he would overload us with wide attackers. But send him to Porto or someone like that where he gets to play in the Champions League and in twelve months if all goes to plan he'd probably get one easily (much like Carlos Vinicius now would after his season with Benfica)
Yout 85 has given a breakdown of the criteria he fulfills in order to get a work permit.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Having featured in more than 30% of Gremio's games for the past 2 years, and due to their involvement in an elite level competition (Copa Libertodores), he would only need to meet one other criteria to be given a work permit. Either a fee of over roughly £12m, or wages of over roughly £35k would be enough. There's also the fact that he has featured 6 times for Brazil U23s.

On the Summer Transfer thread

L

LoneWolf49

It's mentioned on the other thread he can play AM, maybe that's the reason rather than an attacking forward?

Otherwise maybe a loan out after purchase, giving Diogo one last chance to prove himself. Traore too much an asset, plus Tim's tweet suggests he stays.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the Summer Transfer thread
Too much weight attached to his participation in the Copa Libertadores there, he barely featured in terms of minutes so that's not a strong case for a work permit. He wouldn't even qualify for the one point it can give as he played in less than 30% of the minutes available (though he did get sent off - whether that helps him or not I don't know!).

Even taking into account potential fee and wages it's far from a foregone conclusion that he'd get a permit

Last edited:

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this guy comes in I can really see Jota or Raul leaving, I'd expect it to be Jota. He'd fetch a bigger fee and didn't have a great season for us. We have plenty of cover out wide and now as a 2nd striker. But who knows?

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If this guy comes in I can really see Jota or Raul leaving, I'd expect it to be Jota. He'd fetch a bigger fee and didn't have a great season for us. We have plenty of cover out wide and now as a 2nd striker. But who knows?
Really cant see raul going, or else we would be linked to a load of strikers as silva as great potential that he is, is not going to be out number 1 striker for the next 12 months plus. He will come on late in games, cup games, or when nuno wants 2 up top. More likely jota on his way, or pepe being used as a makeweight for another deal.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The option we need is a central ball carrying midfielder. .

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Grêmio received and refused a proposal by Pepê, a striker considered a substitute for Everton Cebolinha. The offer, considered informal, was made by representatives from Wolverhampton, England. The Gremista plan is to hold shirt 25 at least until next season.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The assumption of there being a player outgoing if Pepe comes rests on us having all players fit for the whole of the season

As we saw last season, at various times Neto, Jota and Traore all had spells on the injury list. Makes sense to have an extra body as cover.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has its stated Gremio want to keep him for another year .. are we buying him and loaning him back to them ?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is going nowhere. We wouldn't sign an 18 year old to play upfront by himself in his first PL Season.

If anyone leaves it's one of the wide players.

The one that would fetch the most money and enable us to do more business is Traore, which I've said from the start wouldn't be a bad thing (not that I want him to go, I love his attributes, his attitude and his relationship with the fans and Nuno, but this is football).

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really cant see raul going, or else we would be linked to a load of strikers as silva as great potential that he is, is not going to be out number 1 striker for the next 12 months plus. He will come on late in games, cup games, or when nuno wants 2 up top. More likely jota on his way, or pepe being used as a makeweight for another deal.

Raul was in the club shop having 30 shirts printed week b4 last to send home, so doubt he thinks he's leaving

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is worrying. Nuno likes a small squad and we have six good options for three places at best (sometimes two if we go 3-5-2)

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw him play in our reserves and he looked unbelievable, scored a class freekick.
Then nothing.

He played for nineteen clubs in fourteen years, twelve of which he played less than 10 games for.
Saw him playing in Australia a few years ago and couldn't believe it was the same fella.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is worrying. Nuno likes a small squad and we have six good options for three places at best (sometimes two if we go 3-5-2)
This would however provide much greater flexibility if nuno is considering playing 3 5 2 with one of the 5 being an attacker .
Would also provide much more flexibility if we decide to go 4 at the back .... which I think we need to at times

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could you imagine a player like Sterling or 1 of the other pretty boys of English football going into a club shop and waiting for 20 shirts to be printed - they would get 1 of the minions the bigger clubs have to do it
I wonder just how many autograph/selfie requests he got while he was in there...

Y

Yout85

Too much weight attached to his participation in the Copa Libertadores there, he barely featured in terms of minutes so that's not a strong case for a work permit. He wouldn't even qualify for the one point it can give as he played in less than 30% of the minutes available (though he did get sent off - whether that helps him or not I don't know!).

Even taking into account potential fee and wages it's far from a foregone conclusion that he'd get a permit

Actually, the amount he has personally played in the Copa Libertadores isn't the relevant issue when it comes to work permits.

It's playing in over 30% of ALL matches, when fit, of a club competing in the competition.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Actually, the amount he has personally played in the Copa Libertadores isn't the relevant issue when it comes to work permits.

It's playing in over 30% of ALL matches, when fit, of a club competing in the competition.
Still confident this one's happening mate?

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
theres a vicious rumour Traore is off to Juve for 70 million. Only twitter but would make sense

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
on last years form, has got to be one of the most exciting and explosive players in world football

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless Adama adds goals to his game he won’t be worth anywhere near 70 million

Back
Top Bottom