Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Only the Brave

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell! I thought we were outstanding in the second half and I come on to Molmix expecting everyone to be really excited for the season....to see this? My God. I haven't been smoking anything, not even a beer.....I must be on a completely different planet anyway.
Well, I prefer my vision. I saw Neves unleashed and playing like we all believed he could, a magician. Hoever, Trincao, Ait Nouri...ballers. Great skills. Fluid, attacking football at a very high level of ability. Pressing high and Gibbs White and all of them showing intensity and desire. With 2 or 3 additions, top 8 and a great season ahead.

But no. I'm wrong. We'm doomed. Down. Semi dusted.

I loved that second half and am buzzing for the season. We are in for a treat.
Absolutely this in spades

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell! I thought we were outstanding in the second half and I come on to Molmix expecting everyone to be really excited for the season....to see this? My God. I haven't been smoking anything, not even a beer.....I must be on a completely different planet anyway.
Well, I prefer my vision. I saw Neves unleashed and playing like we all believed he could, a magician. Hoever, Trincao, Ait Nouri...ballers. Great skills. Fluid, attacking football at a very high level of ability. Pressing high and Gibbs White and all of them showing intensity and desire. With 2 or 3 additions, top 8 and a great season ahead.

It was brilliant and no bloody short corners

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The moaners basing their opinions on the first half of a pre season friendly.And not ****ing one has come back on here to give their opinion on the second half showing.Which was 100% Better.Moan Moan Moan ****ing MOAN.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's the age old forum thing isn't it? Play like the first half, nailed on for relegation, play like the second and challenge for Europe. In reality we will probably be somewhere in the middle , depending upon signings, injuries etc...

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The moaners basing their opinions on the first half of a pre season friendly.And not ****ing one has come back on here to give their opinion on the second half showing.Which was 100% Better.Moan Moan Moan ****ing MOAN.
Let's hope Bruno has learned a lot from it...

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be worse teams than us.
Two?!

I think with a couple of astute signings things will look a lot better but we cannot rely on Saiss and Coady Gavin g to make last ditch tackles every game to save us. A good forward line would have killed the game before we got started.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly do not think we are that far away.

Saiss needs replacing in defence NOW!
An Upgrade on Donk (more fwd momentum from a defensive angle instead of back or sideways) to play alongside Neves would be ****ing delicious.
Trincoa today looked more of what we expected he will develop.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on. Absolute class, sweat, invention and guile from all those you've mentioned. Shot after shot on or just off-target. Our fans applauded the team off the pitch and had been roused into songs and roars of appreciation and excitement at the way we were playing.in the second half. All the fit players now match fit and able to play the way Bruno wants. he wants 3 or 4 top players in so expect us to sign them soon to get his two players for each position in place.

Relegation? What a bunch of negative numpties; I'm glad you all don't go to matvhes.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's almost like none of you have even seen the concept of a preseason before. Every single season we learn the same lesson, which is you can't judge/predict anything until 6-7 games in.

There are many reasons to worry. Nuno gone.injuries to our best players. Jiminez unlikely to be the same. But preseason just isn't one of them, it's not worth the time and effort watching them.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
We played better second half but we only tested their keeper a couple of times .

Last season was a lot of if's but's and maybe's but that summed up the game today didn't it ?.

I am sorry some think I am always negative but surely a team that was poor last season is not going to improve much without real investment . If Shi had come out and said we can't spend this preseason I would have been ok as long as they kept the ticket prices the same. If you increase prices you want to see a better team .

You don't go to buy a ****ing car that has 55K on the clock for one that has 55k on the clock and the same model and reg but pay 2K more for it . I appreciate some on here can not have one bad word said against any player or anything to do with the club but be a little realistic. We have lost the Portugal GK to be replaced with someone that doesn't make the national squad ( I am not bashing SA I am stating a fact and hope he is better than Rui) . also we have Trinaco who for me does not look like an improvement on Podence , Traore or Neto . So in summary IMO we have not progressed . So excuse me for stating my concerns and being a tad ****ed off when they raise prices for **** all return on the pitch.

End of rant .

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone entitled to their opinion and I’m just being totally honest I see nothing to suggest we will get better. I have been going for many years too watching through all divisions this is my gut feeling if anyone can tell me they see a better outcome with what we have that’s fine but this is what I think. Trouble is ion here you are not allowed to be honest we all have to pretend it will be fine and be super fans who criticise others for even daring to say the truth.
What bobbins get over yourself

Yeah we need more from the club / team but who knows what’s happening, cheer up

And of course you can post opinions, people frequently do

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played better second half but we only tested their keeper a couple of times .

Last season was a lot of if's but's and maybe's but that summed up the game today didn't it ?.

I am sorry some think I am always negative but surely a team that was poor last season is not going to improve much without real investment . If Shi had come out and said we can't spend this preseason I would have been ok as long as they kept the ticket prices the same. If you increase prices you want to see a better team .

You don't go to buy a ****ing car that has 55K on the clock for one that has 55k on the clock and the same model and reg but pay 2K more for it . I appreciate some on here can not have one bad word said against any player or anything to do with the club but be a little realistic. We have lost the Portugal GK to be replaced with someone that doesn't make the national squad ( I am not bashing SA I am stating a fact and hope he is better than Rui) . also we have Trinaco who for me does not look like an improvement on Podence , Traore or Neto . So in summary IMO we have not progressed . So excuse me for stating my concerns and being a tad ****ed off when they raise prices for **** all return on the pitch.

End of rant .

Thank the Lord for that.Now gew and have that pint and Kebab. :tonguewink:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

End of rant .
We created more chances in second half of today than we did for months at a time last year. Last season wasn't really ifs and buts we literally didn't create any chances

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we won't get relegated. Boly, Podence, Neto, Mosquera, Semedo missing today for starters.

Much will depend on any signings in rest of August. But for now around 13th seems a likely outcome. We are still very vulnerable to either Jiminez or Neves getting injured and both need quality partners to play with if we are to thrive this season.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s a very mixed bag of opinions today, having been unable to watch I currently have no idea what to expect next week!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly do not think we are that far away.

Saiss needs replacing in defence NOW!
An Upgrade on Donk (more fwd momentum from a defensive angle instead of back or sideways) to play alongside Neves would be ****ing delicious.
Trincoa today looked more of what we expected he will develop.
Generally agree, but I thought Donk made a significant difference when he came on as did Gibbs White. Hoever surprised me how good he looked going forward. Trincao - in honesty I’m still a little underwhelmed.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Same era.
But seems like we’ve been relegated before a ball has been kicked.

I would hate to read this form if we was in derby position. People would be on suicide watch

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we allow goals, we're in trouble.
If you think we will not concede all season and because of this we will go down then yes. But like the death, conceding is unavoidable at sometime not matter how much you hope otherwise!

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be really honest with yourself will we go down. My feeling is….Yes
It's a possibility, but when you consider that last season a large proportion of posters wanted to keep Nuno at all costs even if he went on to relegate the team, if it does happen, I imagine those sanguine posters will continue to be ambivalent to the prospects of a cold night in Peterborough.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see very little difference to last season. No chance of going down but so many variables -things could change if Neves and Traore go, if Boly and Neto don't get back quickly AND most importantly if we don't bring in quality to our mf and defence. As a Club we've gone backwards now for sometime and this does not look like changing anytime soon. Expecting a dour struggle of a season where matching 13th will be seen as decent.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just Wolves fans on the Mix that are so negative or are they all feeling so pessimistic right now?

Because, imo, there is so much doom and gloom on here…….and without justification, I think considering how good we have it. Our squad right now, ( without any additional players), is vastly superior to the one we had when we were starting back in the PL 3 seasons ago.

Ok, we won’t win the league right now and maybe not the cup but it’s highly unlikely we’ll go down.

There is probably more optimism on a death row in Texas or Louisiana than on here sometimes.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Just home...

First half was just like last season but for about 30 mins after the break it was great! From my view it was never a pen and we should have scored a couple - loved the aggressive intent and Bruno waving them forward.

Will be an interesting season and can't wait for it to get started.

Oh...I will have to get used to **** refs after the pleasure of the Euros...a considerable amount of his decisions simply didn't make sense!

stevev53

Reaction score
I thought first half was poor again. Second half much better and you could see how the manager wants them to play . Neves again once Mouthino went off was superb . I’m sure when we get all the players fit we will be fine . Some people on here are quite frankly embarrassing and obviously no nothing about pre season games etc. To write off our chances of staying up after 45 mins of a pre season friendly is so laughable .

Back
Top Bottom