Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Looked short of confidence tonight. Just hope contract is resolved soon. Becoming tedious.

An aside. If Bruno saying we not selling anyone in January, unless Fosun have too much festive spirit, how the heck we going to buy then? We supposed to be pressing pressing pressing and yet we too pedestrian. Defies logic. Oh well. My glass is always 'half-full.' Onto the next game....only the red shiite!!!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joke comment. Utter *******s. They are rank and Lage bottled it. Judging by the North Bank upper tonight he's losing, if he hasn't already lost, the fans. Right now to me he is marginally more credible than Clownders. I really hope that he proves me wrong.

So glad we have such patient fans. 16 games in, 6th in the league, using near enough his predecessors team.

State of some of our "fans".

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell him - he cost us dearly tonight his fault we didn’t win

I’d take 30/40m right now simply doesn’t suit our slow style of play
You can’t blame him for a draw. You can’t guarantee Raul would have scored.
Just a few weeks go Raul, all alone against the keeper, put it wide.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

And how many has Trincao missed? Podence? This is the point, they're not doing anything either. They're not even getting the chances.

All of the chances he has missed have been entirely down to him doing things other players can't, whether that's pace to run in behind or skipping past players.

Keep giving him game time, keep giving him these chances. We're not doing anything without him. Once again, he plays and we have lots of shots. It's not a coincidence.
Podence not doing anything? Really?
Got two shots on goal and an assist against West Ham. And in the same game, when Sa was kicking the ball upfield, Podence ran from deep in his half and was in the Hammers penalty box but their player defended well.
I suggest you watch the highlights again.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comparison in output to Podence is laughable. Podence has had a direct hand in four goals this season in half the time Traore has had and he had a direct hand in about the same as Traore last season in half the time as well.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big question is, can he use that experience today to improve, especially against Liverpool, ( if he’s starting).

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to start against Liverpool as it is the sort of game his limited skillset is suited for. Pace and power on the break which will unsettle Liverpool at times.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence had just as much of a hand in the Villa comeback as anyone.

If things like shot off the bar instead of passing were the exception rather than the rule it wouldnt be an issue with him. But its not, so it is. No matter how much his defenders keep going on about what he can be capable of, how exciting he is etc, until he adds that extra quality to his game that he lacks, he is always going to frustrate us and cost us at times. At his best he is unplayable, but i just cant see him improving a great deal more than the player he is now. Even if he moves to a Liverpool, he is only going to be an impact sub or bit part player because he just doesnt have that bit of quality he needs consitently.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sell him in Jan if Neto is available around then, and spend the money on a decent midfielder who can provide a goal threat. Traore is 25 now, getting more and more unlikely he's going to develop any more of a footballing brain than he has already.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing defenders don’t like is pace. Adana has that in abundance, plus he has great strength and causes problems to opponents. Burnley tried to rough him up and it failed. Had he passed to Raul last night and Raul had not scored people would be questioning why he did not shoot.

Personally, I hope he stays and gets a good run of games to prove what he can do.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing defenders don’t like is pace. Adana has that in abundance, plus he has great strength and causes problems to opponents. Burnley tried to rough him up and it failed. Had he passed to Raul last night and Raul had not scored people would be questioning why he did not shoot.

Personally, I hope he stays and gets a good run of games to prove what he can do.
They don’t like pace, that’s true, but he’s got to be fairly easy to defend against. 40 yards out, take him down, any closer, shepherd him into the corner. I think most teams have figured him out now.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn’t create the chance in the first half. The ball bounced out to him from their corner where he was left one on one (bizarre from them).

He did create a chance second half running the length of the pitch beating 5 players, as he did against villa, West Ham and countless others. But when nothing comes of it because he doesn’t have the composure to pick his shot or pass, what is the point?

I would much rather have a cultured forward who is capable of intelligent football and ability to find the net every now and again. Basically podence (when he’s on it).

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
0 goals
0 assists

The bloke is a myth.

This is his fourth season with us and his game has not improved in any way whatsoever. Decision making or execution.

We’ve offered him a new deal on improved terms and he doesn’t want to sign it. Don’t know what more the club can (or should) do to keep him.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont need to say anything I haven't said a thousand times.
The lack of thought to make the easy pass to Raul well that sums him up.

Thanks for the fast dribbles and Man City

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joke comment. Utter *******s. They are rank and Lage bottled it. Judging by the North Bank upper tonight he's losing, if he hasn't already lost, the fans. Right now to me he is marginally more credible than Clownders. I really hope that he proves me wrong.

Christ. The state of this.

6th in the league and using comparisons to Saunders. Give your head a wobble.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You forgot the Sell and drive him where ever option....

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want him to stay and believe he can do positive things for us that no one else can. However, I recognise his contract situation is problematic so I would tell him that he is in (assuming fit) for the next 6 games and, if he wants a move to a “top club”, then go out and prove it in those matches, particularly against Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know his talent and we all know his faults,it is what it is
Personally i would give him a run of games against the big guns, as that is usually where he turns up the gas
The Liverpools, Man City, Chelseas of this league will be more open ,and we can get at them with his pace
Whether we sell him come January idk,if its silly money then yes,by that i mean over £50 million, anything less then we should wait imo

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has World Class talent but National League intelligence. I don't blame him for having a shot instead of passing it to Raul in the 1st half but in the 2nd that dink to the back post to a marked Raul was a brain dead move.

He is an exciting player to watch only Neto in our squad can carry the ball and go past players like him but Neto is levels above Adama with his intelligence on the ball.

I'd sell to a non PL Team for the right price. He wants a move to a big club but I'd be surprised if that happened.

Reactions: Ian

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a reluctant seller. I like him and he's fun to watch, but his contract is the big issue. Is having Traore for another 18 months and watching him leave on a free worth losing £20million, or whatever fee we can get, that we could spend on a replacement?

There are other factors too. What formation will we play from next season? Is Neto going to come back as good as before? Will Trincao and Hwang be purchased? Will Moutinho and Saiss be leaving on free transfers and if they do how much money in the transfer kitty will there be for replacements? This could mean selling Traore to just to raise funds.

It's a big decision for Shi, Sellars and Lage.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted keep but I would sell if we had a very good offer and we didn’t use the cash to purchase Trincao.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Criticised when he goes himself, criticised by the same folk when he passes... Traore in a nutshell. The AHs are great with the benefit of hindsight....
It's called decision making. He's just no good at it, and that's not hindsight. If you think those weren't both clearly the wrong decisions then I don't know which game you were watching. It completely summed him up I'm afraid.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not even a football based decision anymore.....it's a business decision....the business can not afford to let his contact dwindle down any further...he must be sold for the best price and that money reinvested in the squad.......

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would sell him due to his lack of effort off the ball and his lack of ability on the ball . He for me is an impact sub who could come on and cause problems for tiring teams with his pace . But his decision making is usually the wrong one 9 out of 10 times .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night summed Adama up unfortunately. He was easily our biggest threat and at times was beating Burnley players for fun but his end product be it shooting, decision making, through balls or crosses were woeful.

The chance he hit the bar with was Adama in a nutshell in 30 seconds. He could have played Raul in, he could have scored but ultimately he did neither. At no point in that chance did I fancy him to either do the right thing or score. If that had been Neto or Jota (when here) that’s 1-0, nine times out of ten.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
You can see he is learning from Bruno and is trying to fit in with what he wants. Playing more inside than on the line, trouble is then his most valuable asset is hindered due to lack of space there. I would keep if we can get him to sign a new contract.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was good last night. But all his good work is overshadowed by one very bad decision.

I've been wanting him to blast his shots for some time. For him, most of the time it would be the right decision to do that. Just get it on target with as much power as possible.

But he had so many options last night. Square it to Raul for a tap-in, wait to sit the keeper down and roll it home, or power it low. He chose none of them. Very similar to the Sancho/Rashford situation against Chelsea. Sancho backed himself to score too and did. Once you've made that decision to back yourself, you just have to score!

Funny thing is, he will probably prove to be a very valuable asset against Liverpool and City when we will have less of the ball. But Bruno doesn't want to play that way all the time and unless Traore is starting most games for us, he's never going to sign a new contract.

Sadly, I don't think his brain will ever catch up with his legs and his time here is probably coming to an end.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It ultimately comes down to how much we'd get and how we'd use the money.
You'd want all your ducks in row ready and act quickly if he is sold.

Personally i'd love two players from the sale of Adama.

Maybe this is where we finally get our new midfielder and defender.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It ultimately comes down to how much we'd get and how we'd use the money.
You'd want all your ducks in row ready and act quickly if he is sold.

Personally i'd love two players from the sale of Adama.

Maybe this is where we finally get our new midfielder and defender.
Sod that, sell sell sell, and all proceeds on midfielder.
In all honesty, I can’t see us getting much more than £30m, and if that’s just enough to get a Sanches, then I’ll drive them both. I’ll even hire a limo.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sod that, sell sell sell, and all proceeds on midfielder.
In all honesty, I can’t see us getting much more than £30m, and if that’s just enough to get a Sanches, then I’ll drive them both. I’ll even hire a limo.
haha i'm not against that option either. The limo seems like effort though

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only created two real chances last night. Yes, Adama missed one and messed up the cross for the other, but maybe without him that means we might have looked like scoring zero times, instead of two?

Way better than Hwang last night but this is Adama so need a scapegoat don't we.

Also, given Neto is injured, Podence is always injured [know he's unwell at the moment], most people on here seem to not rate Trincao, what on earth happens to our forward line if Adama isn't here?

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only created two real chances last night. Yes, Adama missed one and messed up the cross for the other, but maybe without him that means we might have looked like scoring zero times, instead of two?

Way better than Hwang last night but this is Adama so need a scapegoat don't we.

Also, given Neto is injured, Podence is always injured [know he's unwell at the moment], most people on here seem to not rate Trincao, what on earth happens to our forward line if Adama isn't here?
Hwang would have scored that chance...

Back
Top Bottom