Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many times he will look up and there is one player in the penalty area, sometimes not even anyone.

Yes, the example of the first half with Raul completely contradicts that I realise, but there are so many occasions when he looks up and we have one forward marked by abou 3 defenders.
And you now have people moaning about ait nouri too because he can’t cross to one man against 4 .

It’s the system. Play 4 2 4 and let’s play to our amazing attackers strengths of having men around them

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See, do you actually go to games?

He dominated Spurs but because he missed a sitter you're writing off 90 minutes of performance. Man United couldn't live with him, but same applies. And tonight. Easily our best attacking player and best attacking player on the pitch but one miss undoes it all for you apparently.

I ask whether you go not in a ****ty way but because on MOTD he was vilified as they're highlighted the missed chances but in those games he was clearly ripping the opposition apart to people who watched 90 minutes.

So, with Villa, that's four very good performances. Four times he's played 23 minutes or less as well, so he's actually having a decent season when he's on the pitch.

If we had players who were scoring or doing things I'd understand the criticism. When we don't, I actually don't get it.
Season ticket holder. And yes Adama wreaked havoc on Leicester, Spurs and United. His misses resulted in us picking up no points.

And I take back what I said about Raúls "sitter" v Brentford. Just watched it. For a change it was a good cross hit with pace rather than his normal side footed over hit floater. But the chance was a contested header 8 yards out. Not a sitter.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season ticket holder. And yes Adama wreaked havoc on Leicester, Spurs and United. His misses resulted in us picking up no points.

And I take back what I said about Raúls "sitter" v Brentford. Just watched it. For a change it was a good cross hit with pace rather than his normal side footed over hit floater. But the chance was a contested header 8 yards out. Not a sitter.
So that’s not a sitter, but traore sprinting 80 yards vs Leicester then shooting is a sitter

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say ONLY offer him a contract if we are confident can sell him

Time to move on and reinvest, 4 years here and he can’t learn to shoot has no idea when to pass

Entertaining but probably holding us back as a team

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many times he will look up and there is one player in the penalty area, sometimes not even anyone.

Yes, the example of the first half with Raul completely contradicts that I realise, but there are so many occasions when he looks up and we have one forward marked by abou 3 defenders.
I think the main reason for a lack of attacking support is often the speed in which Adama beats his man, especially on the counter.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm happy to sell but we'd need another attacker in. Trincao ain't near good enough, Hwang is technically **** but makes decent runs. Podence is ok.

Without him we'd not have had a shot tonight though. Other 2 attackers, both CMs and Ait-Nouri dreadful tonight
Hee chan played well i thought. Came quite close to scoring.
People never want to say it when Raul has a bad game. That's two in a row now where he hasn't looked a threat. If we're honest, he is every bit a part of the scoring problem this year as anyone else.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's worse then that you're a STH! Can't be writing of someone who causes that havoc because of one chance.

You don't seem to accept that whilst he did miss those chances to cost us points, we aren't getting those chances without him. If Podence played against Leicester, he isn't missing the one-on-one, because he doesn't get there. Today, if Trincao picked the ball up in our half, he's not running the length of the pitch for a one-on-one.

That stat was put up the other day, we have so many more shots per game with Traore in the team. Same again tonight.

When Neto comes back people might have more of an argument, but we need the pace and direct approach Traore offers.

Reactions: DPE

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People never want to say it when Raul has a bad game. That's two in a row now where he hasn't looked a threat. If we're honest, he is every bit a part of the scoring problem this year as anyone else.
Yep, agreed. Thought he was going to be back on it fully after the outstanding performance against West Ham but Raul has been awful the last two.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that’s not a sitter, but traore sprinting 80 yards vs Leicester then shooting is a sitter
One on one, nine yards out, just the keeper to beat?

If you look up "sitter' in the dictionary it says " Adama Traore v Leicester 21/22".

He done the hard bit - actually that bits easy for him. The way he just ghosts past defenders is an incredible trait. But his finishing! FFS.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I voted sell. I know Trincao gets peltersnon here but I see Neto, Podence, Hwang and Trincao as a set of balanced options that can play in a variety of styles and formations.

If you play Adama you don’t really know what style or formation you are going to play.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1st half a simple ball to Raul and it’s a free shot on goal. 2nd half space for a free run into the box, puts in a **** cross to Raul instead.

Adama Traore in a nutshell.
This.

So far this season. 0 goals, 0 assists. Don’t know the stats from last season but not much better that’s for sure.

He’s absolutely amazing at that quick acceleration dribble, but after that he’s very average.

Last edited:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's worse then that you're a STH! Can't be writing of someone who causes that havoc because of one chance.

You don't seem to accept that whilst he did miss those chances to cost us points, we aren't getting those chances without him. If Podence played against Leicester, he isn't missing the one-on-one, because he doesn't get there. Today, if Trincao picked the ball up in our half, he's not running the length of the pitch for a one-on-one.

That stat was put up the other day, we have so many more shots per game with Traore in the team. Same again tonight.

When Neto comes back people might have more of an argument, but we need the pace and direct approach Traore offers.
It's not one chance. It's almost EVERY single chance. He's played over 100 games. He's not In double figures yet is he?

Trincao is another argument. I'm not sold on him, but not seen enough of him to write him off just yet. I've seen Adama more than a hundred times, I've come to a conclusion. Today actually, I've been patient.

I believe Podence does have the pace to get in to similar positions to Traore. Now Pods not as quick as Adama but he doesn't need to be, he just needs to be quicker than his opponent, which he is most of the time.

My concern isn't whether we should have played Traore tonight, given who's available he should have. My concern is he's not good enough and he can't be relied upon.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

His touch is abysmal though, concrete booted a golden chance at back post

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe what I’m reading……

HE WAS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT TONIGHT.

…..now if he and Wolves could control that ability to cut through defences like they’re stand still then the goals will come and millions of kids around the world will be wearing his shirt.

as I say,…..if

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that's a very naive way of looking at it. He clearly opens up play for us and gets the ball from the half way line into promising positions with ease. I'm not saying he's the complete footballer by any means, but he's more of an asset to us than not.
I’d love him to get back to the Adama of a couple of seasons ago but he just isn’t doing it right now.

He’s great on the counter in the middle third but come the final third his shooting and decision making are terrible. Tonight is a prime example.

I also think he slows up a lot of our attacking play.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not one chance. It's almost EVERY single chance. He's played over 100 games. He's not In double figures yet is he?

Trincao is another argument. I'm not sold on him, but not seen enough of him to write him off just yet. I've seen Adama more than a hundred times, I've come to a conclusion. Today actually, I've been patient.

I believe Podence does have the pace to get in to similar positions to Traore. Now Pods not as quick as Adama but he doesn't need to be, he just needs to be quicker than his opponent, which he is most of the time.

My concern isn't whether we should have played Traore tonight, given who's available he should have. My concern is he's not good enough and he can't be relied upon.

Spot on with all of this. Unfortunately some are just blinded by power and pace, it excites them. Podence or Trincao with that ball at their feet and Jimenez is through on goal. That is the difference. If you play all three the same amount of times, Traore will come last in goals and assists every time.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on with all of this. Unfortunately some are just blinded by power and pace, it excites them. Podence or Trincao with that ball at their feet and Jimenez is through on goal. That is the difference. If you play all three the same amount of times, Traore will come last in goals and assists every time.
You're missing the point as well.

When do Podence and Trincao get the ball on the halfway line, run 50 yards and get themselves in that position?

Do I agree with you that if you swapped them at the exact moment you need to pass that Trincao and Podence would produce a better pass and final ball? Absolutely.

However, Podence and Trincao cannot do what Traore does to get in that position. So, saying they would make a better pass is pointless because they're not ever getting into a situation like tonight which you're overlooking and it's a huge thing to overlook in this instance.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Neither Podence nor Trincao create the chance though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When do Podence and Trincao get the ball on the halfway line, run 50 yards and get themselves in that position?

Do I agree with you that if you swapped them at the exact moment you need to pass that Trincao and Podence would produce a better pass and final ball? Absolutely.

However, Podence and Trincao cannot do what Traore does to get in that position. So, saying they would make a better pass is pointless because they're not ever getting into a situation like tonight which you're overlooking and it's a huge thing to overlook in this instance.
What's the point in Adama doing all that hard work only to fluff his lines with a wonky shot or a delicately over hit snow collecting cross?

That's the point. I'd rather we didn't have these gilt edged chances and play another way. Adama running the length of the field and ****ing up isn't better than the alternative. The alternative at worst is just as bad, but with the potential to be better.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He didn't run fifty yards to get in that position, the ball dropped to him open, the pass could have been made prior to running another thirty of those yards.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Driving to the game tonight there was a caller on WM who had a brilliant analogy for Traore.

He’s like playing the lottery, you put the same numbers on each week, and you keep losing, but then you’re scared to not play them the week after because you know that’s going to be the week they come up.

Reactions: Ian
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What's the point in Adama doing all that hard work only to fluff his lines with a wonky shot or a delicately over hit snow collecting cross?

That's the point. I'd rather we didn't have these gilt edged chances and play another way. Adama running the length of the field and ****ing up isn't better than the alternative. The alternative at worst is just as bad, but with the potential to be better.
He has barely played in the last 3 games and we scored once

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can you imagine what it would feel like if he was playing against us. Supporters would be wetting themselves. We must keep him, he excites fans, just look at the way the supporters get of their seats when he has the ball.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't create a chance against a team who couldn't beat Newcastle who had 10 men for 80 mins.
Joking aside, I'm happier with a point away to Norwich than a point at home to Burnley.

Happier with our performance tonight though I suppose. Just a shame our motm was so ineffective in the final third.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good away point.
Joke comment. Utter *******s. They are rank and Lage bottled it. Judging by the North Bank upper tonight he's losing, if he hasn't already lost, the fans. Right now to me he is marginally more credible than Clownders. I really hope that he proves me wrong.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Joking aside, I'm happier with a point away to Norwich than a point at home to Burnley.

Happier with our performance tonight though I suppose. Just a shame our motm was so ineffective in the final third.
I don't really think we had a particular motm. No-one had a stinker either. Just a lot of senior players not taking responsibility

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joke comment. Utter *******s. They are rank and Lage bottled it. Judging by the North Bank upper tonight he's losing, if he hasn't already lost, the fans. Right now to me he is marginally more credible than Clownders. I really hope that he proves me wrong.
It literally was a joke mate. Although they're unbeaten in four. A point away to Norwich isn't gonna ruin our season though. It's still an away point. And one we barely deserved actually, so a bit of a bonus.

Eagle

Reaction score
The main concern with Adama for me is that he really doesn't suit our possession style of football, whilst his goals/assists output doesn't justify his inclusion either.

Yes, his dribbling ability is unrivalled and he can create opportunities no other player can, yet we rarely see an end result from it and wolves become very one dimensional because of it. How are we meant to play a possession style game when traore is constantly running at 3 players, taking loads of touches and consistently making bad decisions?

There's an argument that we would have created nothing tonight without Traore. Personally, without traore, I feel like we would have created more due to simply having a better team coherent. I realise Trincao didn't have his best game on the weekend, but this game was crying out for him to play between the lines against Burnleys 2 banks of 4 imo. I think we missed a trick tonight with this.

Back
Top Bottom