Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d love him to stay but if we’ve offered to make him one of our highest earners and he still hasn’t signed, then there isn’t really much more we can do.

Have a feeling one of the big boys will be prepared to take a risk on him for £20-25m. When we were quoting £50-60m for him at the end of that second season, I can fully understand that for that price they’d rather go for someone who is more of a ‘sure bet’. But the potential upside for what would be a fairly minimal outlay could make him a pretty attractive proposition for someone in January.
I believe he has the potential to click. But he ain't clicking at Wolves. I'd like to see us sell abroad because he's a frightening opponent.

But just thinking back to the Middlesbrough match on Good Friday, when he battered our right side all afternoon, there was still zero end product.

I remember gritting my teeth and tensing up every time he got the ball and ran past our whole team time and time again. But no end product.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m completely torn on this.

I guess, for me, it would depend on who we sell him to. Abroad preferably.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell him - he cost us dearly tonight his fault we didn’t win

I’d take 30/40m right now simply doesn’t suit our slow style of play

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's so good and he's going to go on to better things.

How people can actually watch Wolves and think he doesn't make a massive difference I don't know.

They genuinely don't grasp that whilst his final ball is inconsistent, he's doing things that nobody else can. No player in the squad hits the underside of the bar seconds after picking up the ball in our half.

Nobody skips past three players to get in a position where we have a great opportunity.

Yes, I can hear you all screaming 'what's the point if we don't score'. I get that, but the point is, we aren't getting chances without him - see Saturday, see all our games.

If we've got players who will deliver, I might consider it. We don't and, crucially, we won't. We won't spend the money that these players demand.

So, you persevere. You hope that next time the shot goes an inch lower and then he's scored a worldie. You hope that he will take the chances that he gets. Will he take them? I don't know. But what I do know is that no player we can get is going to get the chances that he does because they are largely down to individual brilliance.

As for the assists, I'd question again whether people actually watch Wolves.

How can you blame him for other people missing sitters? Seriously, how? What is going on here? How is it his fault Dendoncker missed a header from a yard at Arsenal? That Otasowie misses a sitter at Brighton? Neto an open goal against Leicester? Jimenez against Brentford? Look at chances created, he's always high up there which is what matters in this context.

It will be a very sad day when he does go and we will be a lot worse for it.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep him and create very little or sell him and create absolutely **** all?!!!!....Hmmmm
There's no point being good at the things he's good at because he's **** at the things he's **** at. Now if he was good at some of the things he's **** at some of the time, then we'd have a hell of a player
We wouldn't....he'd still be at Barcelona!

T

TheConcourse

I’d like to see him in a 4231 with less defensive responsibility. Almost a free role behind Raul.

He can’t follow instructions. He clearly plays on instinct. If that isn’t an option then get rid.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally thought he was pretty crap tonight and made the wrong decision just about every time. Exciting though eh, a ball thundering of the crossbar after a one on one run. Would rather we just won the game 1-0 with the easy pass mind.
You clearly couldn’t have watched the game tonight as he was far from pretty crap.

T

TheConcourse

He's so good and he's going to go on to better things.

How people can actually watch Wolves and think he doesn't make a massive difference I don't know.

They genuinely don't grasp that whilst his final ball is inconsistent, he's doing things that nobody else can. No player in the squad hits the underside of the bar seconds after picking up the ball in our half.

Nobody skips past three players to get in a position where we have a great opportunity.

Yes, I can hear you all screaming 'what's the point if we don't score'. I get that, but the point is, we aren't getting chances without him - see Saturday, see all our games.

If we've got players who will deliver, I might consider it. We don't and, crucially, we won't. We won't spend the money that these players demand.

So, you persevere. You hope that next time the shot goes an inch lower and then he's scored a worldie. You hope that he will take the chances that he gets. Will he take them? I don't know. But what I do know is that no player we can get is going to get the chances that he does because they are largely down to individual brilliance.

As for the assists, I'd question again whether people actually watch Wolves.

How can you blame him for other people missing sitters? Seriously, how? What is going on here? How is it his fault Dendoncker missed a header from a yard at Arsenal? That Otasowie misses a sitter at Brighton? Neto an open goal against Leicester? Jimenez against Brentford? Look at chances created, he's always high up there which is what matters in this context.

It will be a very sad day when he does go and we will be a lot worse for it.
He’s missed 4/5 golden opportunities to win us points this season.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that's a very naive way of looking at it. He clearly opens up play for us and gets the ball from the half way line into promising positions with ease. I'm not saying he's the complete footballer by any means, but he's more of an asset to us than not.
He does get the ball from our own box sometimes, and in to very promising positions with consummate ease...

and then he ****s it up. Over and over and over again.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the most frustrating thing is we all know what he can do but it’s shown far too infrequent to make him a top earner at a club like ours with limited funds and FFP rules to adhere to.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally thought he was pretty rap tonight and made the wrong decision just about every time. Exciting though eh, a ball thundering of the crossbar after a one on one run. Would rather we just won the game 1-0 with the easy pass mind.
That game just sums him up. A couple of really exciting runs, left defenders for dead, but no end product.
He was involved in our two best chances. He should have passed to Jiminez but thrashed it against the bar. Later he put a looping cross towards Jiminez which was easily cut out.
He flatters to deceive. Even that stupid commentator gave him MoTM. If she had seen him play more often she would know that's what we always get from him. Nothing. Time to sell. Definitely.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s missed 4/5 golden opportunities to win us points this season.
Yes.

And how many has Trincao missed? Podence? This is the point, they're not doing anything either. They're not even getting the chances.

All of the chances he has missed have been entirely down to him doing things other players can't, whether that's pace to run in behind or skipping past players.

Keep giving him game time, keep giving him these chances. We're not doing anything without him. Once again, he plays and we have lots of shots. It's not a coincidence.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What frustrates me massively with Adama when he starts games, is how he often gets an opposing defender booked early on, Ben Mee tonight for example, inside 10 minutes, then we don't utilise this and get him to keep going at said player and entice more fouls and a likely second yellow card.
I'm firmly in the Adama in camp but I do understand others frustrations and opinions.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally thought he was pretty crap tonight and made the wrong decision just about every time. Exciting though eh, a ball thundering of the crossbar after a one on one run. Would rather we just won the game 1-0 with the easy pass mind.
Do we really need another thread for the haters to slag him off!

Agreed @Wolf316 ... so the mods should merge as the OP is saying.. should he sign a new contract or sell Adama
Which what this thread is all about .."Adama ~ Set to Sign New Contract Deal ~ Or Will He 2021?"

ADAMA was voted MOTM on AMAZON PRIME!​

Plus BRUNO thought he had a very good game also tonight.​

So you's lot still slagging him off know **** all about the beautiful game!​

Last edited:

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

And how many has Trincao missed? Podence? This is the point, they're not doing anything either. They're not even getting the chances.

All of the chances he has missed have been entirely down to him doing things other players can't, whether that's pace to run in behind or skipping past players.

Keep giving him game time, keep giving him these chances. We're not doing anything without him. Once again, he plays and we have lots of shots. It's not a coincidence.

Podence literally has the most assists for us this season .... in less games ... Traore has 515 more minutes and nothing to show for it...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

Podence has 2 assists in 9 games this season. Which is far better than Adama's 0 in 13. And twice as good as Traore's Wolves career to date.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence literally has the most assists for us this season .... in less games ...
Chances I was on about. A goal threat. Trincao and Podence barely had one glaring one? Certainly not at Traore's level.

Also, I'll look at chances created rather than assists for the reasons outlined above. It's not Podence's/Traore's (or any attacker's) fault if they put it on a plate and the striker misses.

T

TheConcourse

Yes.

I’m sceptical about whether we’re a better team, as in a unit, with Adama. He’s an enigma. He does things nobody else can. He also doesn’t deliver on the most basic things consistently.

Very harsh judging Trincao over 12 games when Adama is in his fourth season. Apples and oranges.

I’m in the sell him camp and reinvest.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because

Podence has 2 assists in 9 games this season. Which is far better than Adama's 0 in 13. And twice as good as Traore's Wolves career to date.
I was talking about chances on goal. How many?

Again, assists stats are pointless. Absolutely pointless. Traore was the reason we won at Villa.

Cross that lead to the equaliser, won the free-kick for the winner. So, basically down to him we complete an amazing comeback but because he didn't directly get an assist, people will use it against him now.

I've also covered the number of sitters that players miss from his deliveries.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chances I was on about. A goal threat. Trincao and Podence barely had one glaring one? Certainly not at Traore's level.

Also, I'll look at chances created rather than assists for the reasons outlined above. It's not Podence's/Traore's (or any attacker's) fault if they put it on a plate and the striker misses.
What's an example of Traore putting it on a plate?

It's not happened this season.
It's been put on a plate for Adama though, and... well we all know what happened next

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sceptical about whether we’re a better team, as in a unit, with Adama. He’s an enigma. He does things nobody else can. He also doesn’t deliver on the most basic things consistently.

Very harsh judging Trincao over 12 games when Adama is in his fourth season. Apples and oranges.

I’m in the sell him camp and reinvest.
Fair enough.

I'm not meaning to judge Podence or Trincao with my comments. I'm just saying they don't get chances in front of goal. That's a fact this season. As someone mentioned, Traore should easily have scored four or five this season.

So, do you persist with players that aren't getting chances and hope they will somehow get them? Or go with someone who IS getting chances and hope he will take them? Seems obvious, a club in our position, goes with the latter.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's an example of Traore putting it on a plate?

It's not happened this season.
It's been put on a plate for Adama though, and... well we all know what happened next
Jimenez missed a sitter against Brentford. Trincao missed a great chance against United.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was talking about chances on goal. How many?

Again, assists stats are pointless. Absolutely pointless. Traore was the reason we won at Villa.

Cross that lead to the equaliser, won the free-kick for the winner. So, basically down to him we complete an amazing comeback but because he didn't directly get an assist, people will use it against him now.

I've also covered the number of sitters that players miss from his deliveries.
You're right. That was his 1 in 10 performance. It doesn't detract from the other 9 (or 12 games this season) where he's done the square root of **** all except "get us out of our seats".

T

TheConcourse

Fair enough.

I'm not meaning to judge Podence or Trincao with my comments. I'm just saying they don't get chances in front of goal. That's a fact this season. As someone mentioned, Traore should easily have scored four or five this season.

So, do you persist with players that aren't getting chances and hope they will somehow get them? Or go with someone who IS getting chances and hope he will take them? Seems obvious, a club in our position, goes with the latter.
Don’t know. The debate with Adama will rumble on and on and on.

I’d like to see him in a free role with little instruction. We keep hearing that he doesn’t have a footballing brain, so stop trying to teach him. He’s the ultimate instinct player. Give him the freedom to go affect games and we’ll see his stats creep up again.

Agree that stats aren’t the only metric that matters here. He’s still creating and making things happen.

The other real issue is that we don’t know how much Fosun are willing to invest, and he’s one of the few players that we could lose and probably not miss the outcome too much on paper.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez missed a sitter against Brentford. Trincao missed a great chance against United.
Trincao was hardly on a plate. Raul v Brentford was the header? Fair enough. He should have one assist in that case.

He's gone from being completely ineffective to largely ineffective.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right. That was his 1 in 10 performance. It doesn't detract from the other 9 (or 12 games this season) where he's done the square root of **** all except "get us out of our seats".
See, do you actually go to games?

He dominated Spurs but because he missed a sitter you're writing off 90 minutes of performance. Man United couldn't live with him, but same applies. And tonight. Easily our best attacking player and best attacking player on the pitch but one miss undoes it all for you apparently.

I ask whether you go not in a ****ty way but because on MOTD he was vilified as they're highlighted the missed chances but in those games he was clearly ripping the opposition apart to people who watched 90 minutes.

So, with Villa, that's four very good performances. Four times he's played 23 minutes or less as well, so he's actually having a decent season when he's on the pitch.

If we had players who were scoring or doing things I'd understand the criticism. When we don't, I actually don't get it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about Trincao? Or does it not count as "scapegoat" if you really aren't good enough and everybody knows it?
I have a feeling that like Neto he may come good in his second season in England. Know what you mean though...

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What in his game have you seen that a change of formation would help?
Too many times he will look up and there is one player in the penalty area, sometimes not even anyone.

Yes, the example of the first half with Raul completely contradicts that I realise, but there are so many occasions when he looks up and we have one forward marked by abou 3 defenders.

Back
Top Bottom