Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno OUT

• Thread starter Deleted member 11157
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great banter, because you are wrong.

it wasn’t a dive, he got touched, he went down softly, but he was touched.
He went down softly?

You said 'he took the player off his feet'.

So, did he take him off his feet? Or did he go down softly? Proves you're talking ****.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's on Nuno today?

We had more possession, more shots, more chances, more everything. We were by far superior, but the ref cost us.
The two penalties come from our back line being too deep.
We didn't defend a long throw, that they bought their big two centre halfs up against Neves and Coady. Our defending from set pieces has been abysmal. Is that not on Nuno?
Dominate possesion, so what when we are this fragile? We tend to get better results when we don't.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ĺl

Second penalty was the direct result of a goal kick when Wolves should have had a free kick on the edge of the area, YES?
But we are talking about the foul for the pen not that......

he chose not to use the winning point in his arguement..... you did and you are right the pen came from a bad decision there. So for that reason it wasn’t a pen.

But he didn’t say that and that is his fault. He wanted to say it was a contactless dive which it wasn’t.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need to stick by Nuno. Imagine if this was someone else's club we were watching going through their first really sticky patch under a manager, a manager who'd got them promoted first attempt and finished 7th twice. We'd think they're mad for getting rid, and would probably expect the club to do worse under a new manager halfway through the season, potentially dropping into bottom 3. This is Nuno's group of players and he's going to have to steer them and this club out of the current mess, and I still think he's the best person to do it. I'll breath a big sign of relief when this season is over and (hopefully) we're safe somewhere in midtable mediocrity...

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He went down softly?

You said 'he took the player off his feet'.

So, did he take him off his feet? Or did he go down softly? Proves you're talking ****.
The contact still took him down pal.... he was off balance as on the turn.

you would be screaming for a pen if that was Silva or Neto......

I can get you a picture book if you need explanation that off balance even a little bit of contact can take you to the ground. You might understand that

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is the proof the first one was inside?

Coady did NOT foul him.
Well, you're largely on your own here.

Agreed, both were hardly nailed-on pens, but I come back to the point that both Boly and Coady were poor defensively in both instances.

Don't give the referee the chance to award penalties by being clumsy.

And I bet that if these incidents had happened at the other end of the pitch, you'd be screaming blue murder "Penalty".

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The two penalties come from our back line being too deep.
We didn't defend a long throw, that they bought their big two centre halfs up against Neves and Coady. Our defending from set pieces has been abysmal. Is that not on Nuno?
Dominate possesion, so what when we are this fragile? We tend to get better results when we don't.
It is, but we scored from two set-pieces, so that's not the overall issue today. We can't expect to score from set-pieces then moan if we let one in from them.

Murderonzidanesfloor

Reaction score
What's on Nuno today?

We had more possession, more shots, more chances, more everything. We were by far superior, but the ref cost us.

mate, you cannot seriously be blaming the ref for that today? We were not good enough, end of.

Jittery and exposed at the back, lacking cutting edge up front, lacking in creativity in midfield. That’s not the refs fault.

We were very poor.

That’s our fault.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't we learned our lesson from the reactionary sacking of Mick? Give our main man chance to heal himself and the team.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed, both were hardly nailed-on pens, but I come back to the point that both Boly and Coady were poor defensively in both instances.

And I bet that if these incidents had happened at the other end of the pitch, you'd be screaming blue murder "Penalty".
People are sheep.

Can you show me where the foul is in the box?

You're defending the ref saying 'don't give him a chance'. He had a chance to give a pen when Boly had his shirt pulled off a corner. He didn't, and I'm not saying it should've been.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is massively on his own there...... every pundit on bt sport and both the refs have said both were pens.

you can’t blame him for clinging onto a reason other than we were **** is why we lost today.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
mate, you cannot seriously be blaming the ref for that today? We were not good enough, end of.

Jittery and exposed at the back, lacking cutting edge up front, lacking in creativity in midfield. That’s not the refs fault.

We were very poor.

That’s our fault.
Did we play to our potential? Clearly not.

We deserved to win the game though? Yes.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The contact still took him down pal.... he was off balance as on the turn.

you would be screaming for a pen if that was Silva or Neto......

I can get you a picture book if you need explanation that off balance even a little bit of contact can take you to the ground. You might understand that
So was Silva's a pen against Spurs? Traore at Arsenal?

If so, were we cheated by the ref AND var by the fact they weren't given?

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are sheep.

You're defending the ref saying 'don't give him a chance'. He had a chance to give a pen when Boly had his shirt pulled off a corner. He didn't, and I'm not saying it should've been.
Mate it is one picture at the end of the contact before he goes down..... BAR

We were very poor.

That’s our fault.

let him have it, he is using one crap picture on Twitter is the excuse he wants to cling onto so he hasn’t got to accept we lost because we were crap.....

what a shame VAR had have multiple camera angles to use and could use that one photo as the evidence not to give a pen he would have been screaming for if that was silva or neto.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are sheep.

This snapshot is after the event, when Boly's leg had moved forward.

Clutching at straws here. Are you really saying that Boly didn’t commit a foul or that the foul occurred on the line? As I said, it's very close either way - but if Boly wants to foul a player moving away from the centre of the goal, then for ****'s sake do it a foot or two from the line.

Not that he should have committed a foul in such a position anyway.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score

You also haven't mentioned the second one, which is a clear bad decision
The issue with this image and comment as I see it. Yes, feet are outside the area in that still image, but, and it's a big but. Contact wasn't foot to foot or at this point. Contact was made in the area. It's a penalty. Boly knew it and all the players knew it.

The second one was incredibly soft but Coady was weak in his challenge and did make contact with the forward who obviously went to ground happily.

The ref had a shocker I thought but not with the penalties.

The equaliser was a disgusting goal to concede.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So was Silva's a pen against Spurs? Traore at Arsenal?

If so, were we cheated by the ref AND var by the fact they weren't given?
Different games mate.......

you want to argue blind (wrongly) about today......

Those two are different games and also different incidents in style of contact.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different games mate.......

you want to argue blind (wrongly) about today......

Those two are different games and also different incidents in style of contact.
Just answer the question.

You've told me today's was a penalty.

Was Silva's a penalty against Spurs, when there was CLEAR contact? Yes or no.

Was Traore's a penalty against Arsenal, when there was CLEAR contact? Yes or no.

Just a yes or no will do.

If you say yes, you're acknowledging we have been cheated by the refs this season, which I agree with. If you say no, please explain why they are penalties and today's wasn't.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
It is, but we scored from two set-pieces, so that's not the overall issue today. We can't expect to score from set-pieces then moan if we let one in from them.
I think the worry is that only Leeds have conceded more goals than us from set pieces this season. And we have done it again today. We look amateur defending them at the moment.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just answer the question.

You've told me today's was a penalty.

Was Silva's a penalty against Spurs, when there was CLEAR contact? Yes or no.

Was Traore's a penalty against Arsenal, when there was CLEAR contact? Yes or no.

Just a yes or no will do.

If you say yes, you're acknowledging we have been cheated by the refs this season, which I agree with. If you say no, please explain why they are penalties and today's wasn't.
Traore - yes, was a clear mistake

silva - not a pen for me

have we had bad decisions yes we have, but mate today they got it correct. No need for the tinfoil hat.

if they ganging up on us now, then that is down to nuno attacking the red publically

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
This snapshot is after the event, when Boly's leg had moved forward.

Clutching at straws here. Are you really saying that Boly didn’t commit a foul or that the foul occurred on the line? As I said, it's very close either way - but if Boly wants to foul a player moving away from the centre of the goal, then for ****'s sake do it a foot or two from the line.

Not that he should have committed a foul in such a position anyway.
On the line is classed as in the box anyway

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We were very poor.

That’s our fault.
I agree we were poor defensively, however, we created a lot today but as you say we lacked a cutting edge up front. Neto and Adama beat their man and got good crosses into the box on numerous occasions but we failed to convert. We were better than them on all the stats except the only one that really counts, goals scored.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

silva - not a pen for me

have we had bad decisions yes we have, but mate today they got it correct. No need for the tinfoil hat.

if they ganging up on us now, then that is down to nuno attacking the red publically
So Silva gets touched, not a penalty. Robinson gets probably less of a touch, penalty.

Thanks for that.

lone_wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m still seething but this result and performance changes nothing from after the arsenal game- hell even the summer/ 2 summers ago. We need 3 new players down the spine- CB, CM and striker. We should have beat newcastle and brighton, drew vs man utd and villa and everton- lots of ifs tho. Needs a shake up and bad, has done for a while. The only position we’ve really changed is the fullbacks- i say this as silva was never expected to be starting this many games.
Even with getting nuno out we still need signings. He won’t be cheap to shift either after just signing a new contract and as has been said- not many viable alternatives.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree we were poor defensively, however, we created a lot today but as you say we lacked a cutting edge up front. Neto and Adama beat their man and got good crosses into the box on numerous occasions but we failed to convert. We were better than them on all the stats except the only one that really counts, goals scored.

Or shots on target in the second half where they were much better than us too!!

some of the shots we had were shots from long distance that had no chance to go in.

look objectively at the quality of the chances and they trounce us.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or shots on target in the second half where they were cub better than us too!!

some of the shots we had were shots from long distance that had no chance to go in.

look objectively at the quality of the chances and they trounce us.
Quality of the chances, yes that was a real worry, they should have been 2 up.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Silva gets touched, not a penalty. Robinson gets probably less of a touch, penalty.

Thanks for that.
Coady got more of Robinson.......

Silva got the under side of his foot hit and was never going to get possession of the ball. The contact of the foot on silvas foot would not cause his body to go down as he did and he tried to sell the contact.

Robinson just went down as you would when you get touched like he was on the turn.

keep clutching at the straws that the nasty man with the whistle cheated us today.......

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Should go as not the same manager last season . Will be highly embarrassing to the club not beating a team that has only won one game against a team worse than them
And will be replaced by who?
Backroom staff?
No think again.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

silva - not a pen for me

You're clearly delighted we lost today which is evident from your plethora of posts and no doubt think it greatly assisted your anti-Nuno agenda, may I respectively request you give it a rest now and withdraw and bathe in your own self righteousness.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady got more of Robinson.......

Silva got the under side of his foot hit and was never going to get possession of the ball. The contact of the foot on silvas foot would cause his body to go down as he did and he tried to sell the contact.

Robinson just went down as you would when you get touched like he was on the turn.

keep clutching at the straws that the nasty man with the whistle cheated us today.......
I don't think you've been on this forum long.

I'm known as one of the anti-Wolves people on here, even if I obviously disagree.

Anyway, point is, it's not straw clutching and I'm willing to call people out. The squad is a disgrace, I've moaned for months.

However, today we were cheated, and I've not seen any evidence otherwise. As I said initially, Oliver is a cheat and I hope he gets smashed by a bus coming out. Incompetence I can accept, not cheating.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you show me a picture where the fouls is in the box.
Check the TV replay.

Just, for God's sake, accept it was one of those really close calls. Anyone would think that the UNNECESSARY foul occurred at the halfway line.

No dumbass foul, no penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom