Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno goes to Forest

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Didn’t say that. But oneil won’t get us to finish 7th his style is not creative enough. Well done to him keeping us up. It’s next season I’d be more worried about
That article was interesting to me. Basically not having the 'solutions' if a team comes and plays deep against us. Trouble is the better you do, the more it happens. This is basically the problem we've had all along.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That article was interesting to me. Basically not having the 'solutions' if a team comes and plays deep against us. Trouble is the better you do, the more it happens. This is basically the problem we've had all along.
We was good enough to break teams down in the championship but I feel the premier league is more of a physical challenge. We lack those kind of players Everton have that can battle. It is the right balance we need. Once we upgrade few defensive areas and new striker we will be looking to improve. Bueno is nowhere near good enough. How long can Dawson keep carrying us? Kilman inconsistent same as Semedo 1 good game followed by 2 bad. If we are serious about being a top 10 club you have to cut out the silly errors

West Ham tomorrow will be a good tester. Seeing where we are at. Iv no expectation to get anything from this game so any points is a bonus

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We was good enough to break teams down in the championship but I feel the premier league is more of a physical challenge. We lack those kind of players Everton have that can battle. It is the right balance we need. Once we upgrade few defensive areas and new striker we will be looking to improve. Bueno is nowhere near good enough. How long can Dawson keep carrying us? Kilman inconsistent same as Semedo 1 good game followed by 2 bad. If we are serious about being a top 10 club you have to cut out the silly errors

West Ham tomorrow will be a good tester. Seeing where we are at. Iv no expectation to get anything from this game so any points is a bonus
Agree with most of this, most teams are just making up the numbers in the Premier League sprinkled with the odd punching above their weight periods.
After JL we needed a bit of GO to stabilise things, strange how dour the football was under JL but he generated more confidence, way more entertaining under GO but results feel a bit more of a lottery.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the money pumped into Newcastle and Villa as well as the Sky 6 getting into the top 7 is very difficult.

Even more difficult without a recognised centre forward

loppers86

Reaction score
He has stated that the brief he was given is to stay up. There's a difference.
i respectfully suggest that might be splitting hairs.

What is the difference between having a goal to stay up or being set a brief to stay up?

loppers86

Reaction score
He has stated that the brief he was given is to stay up. There's a difference.
can’t edit sorry (please
tack on to the end of last post)…

Are you saying therefore that we are serious about being a top 10
club?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage got absolute pelters and we finished 10th.... O'Neil has done well under the circumstances but expectations are well down.....

That's not a trying to big Lage out just pointing out he got pelters and we was way above our current level......
Our current level, many would agree is in the region of 6-9 points better off.

You could argue that perhaps we wouldn't deserve to be in such a lofty position given some performances didn't deserve the points we got.

Luton being the obvious one, where we deserved to lose in all honesty but if the laws of the game were implemented properly we'd have won.

Of course if you broke down the Lage season, performances were worse than the points total suggested, so it all depends on which barometer you're measuring.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
i respectfully suggest that might be splitting hairs.

What is the difference between having a goal to stay up or being set a brief to stay up?
I doubt that would be his goal under more ideal circumstances, and with greater support in the transfer market. I'm pretty sure he'd like to aim higher.
can’t edit sorry (please
tack on to the end of last post)…

Are you saying therefore that we are serious about being a top 10
club?
Are serious, or aren't serious?
And I haven't mentioned top ten?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our current level, many would agree is in the region of 6-9 points better off.

You could argue that perhaps we wouldn't deserve to be in such a lofty position given some performances didn't deserve the points we got.

Luton being the obvious one, where we deserved to lose in all honesty but if the laws of the game were implemented properly we'd have won.

Of course if you broke down the Lage season, performances were worse than the points total suggested, so it all depends on which barometer you're measuring.
I was t bigging up Lage was as such....was just responding to the post that said O'Neil is getting all the criticism and he couldn't fathom why when he was the best we had and nce Nuno....

Just pointing out Lage got pelters and league position was a lot better than Nuno last season and O'Neil current one . It's people expectations that have changed....off course I prefer O'Neil n Nuno to Lage.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage didnt get pelters for finishing 10th in 21/22 - he was (rightly imo) given pelters and the sack for the run that started in April 22 and ended in October 22 (covering the end of 21/22 and the start of 22/23) which was read something like 1 win in 15.

loppers86

Reaction score
I doubt that would be his goal under more ideal circumstances, and with greater support in the transfer market. I'm pretty sure he'd like to aim higher.

Are serious, or aren't serious?
And I haven't mentioned top ten?
you obviously didn’t read the post i was replying to when you said what you said.

somebody said “if we are serious about the top 10” and i said we aren’t aiming for that…

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was t bigging up Lage was as such....was just responding to the post that said O'Neil is getting all the criticism and he couldn't fathom why when he was the best we had and nce Nuno....

Just pointing out Lage got pelters and league position was a lot better than Nuno last season and O'Neil current one . It's people expectations that have changed....off course I prefer O'Neil n Nuno to Lage.
The tenth place finish under Lage would have been great if it weren't for having eyes.

ApoLAGEists will point to the victory at OT as the crowning glory of his time at the club... which of course it was... by some distance.

It wasn't the norm though, we were mostly rubbish even when winning. Villa trounced us for 75 minutes and then somehow gave up a 2 goal lead, the Neves FK was hardly a classic to win.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fair play to the trees, Nuno will be a legend there like he is to most here. Knows PL and as long as there isn't a fire sale anytime soon he will be OK.

SydneyWolf26

Groupie
Reaction score
I just looked at the Forest forum. They don't want Nuno. It always surprises me how Nuno is regarded by non-Wolves fans.
Would be an interesting read, sights set on Conte? Maybe they’ll poach Pep. Also shocked at outsiders opinions on Nuno, we were so exciting to watch back then. The last time I felt we had a chance against any team we played… those days are long gone.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be an interesting read, sights set on Conte? Maybe they’ll poach Pep. Also shocked at outsiders opinions on Nuno, we were so exciting to watch back then. The last time I felt we had a chance against any team we played… those days are long gone.
What do you mean? We beat spurs and city this season.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When we played Arsenal away in Nuno's first premier season, and Helda Costa of all people absolutely terrorised them. Arsenal were lucky to come away with a point. That was the game where the penny dropped for me of how we absolutely didn't fear anyone under Nuno.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the bloke, but would still wish relegation on them :)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its the sensible pick for Forest this year but if, indeed, there is a fire sale at the end of the season I can’t imagine the club would like a sulking Nuno around the place.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why will Forest be having a fire sale?

Great appointment for them, Forest under Nuno would finish above us imo.

Also quite funny as I always got the impression him and MGW didn’t get on.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why will Forest be having a fire sale?

Great appointment for them, Forest under Nuno would finish above us imo.

Also quite funny as I always got the impression him and MGW didn’t get on.

Inflated squad and wage bill. Big losses.

Fire sale is probably a bit strong, but they will need to streamline. Nuno likes a small squad anyway.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure it’ll work. Nuno likes his teams structured and needs a pre-season to drill those structures. Unlike last season we don’t have a mini pre-season.

Speaking to a mate of mine yesterday who coaches in Scotland he said it’s very difficult to change shape and structure mid season as you don’t have the time as games are in the way. Admittedly it’s Scotland so the standard of player is not great. It’s why I do have some sympathy for O’Neil as he’s never had a pre-season with a team.

Back
Top Bottom