Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno goes to Forest

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Why would he join a Championship relegation battle? Makes absolutely no sense, I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm desperate for it to be rubbish, but taking over a club that's underachieving and building something special as a project like he did at Wolves could appeal to him I reckon. Doubt he's enjoyed a day in Saudi like he did at Molineux (doing the double or not).

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes too good for this surely ? They aren't an attractive club with a big support or well backed .
Baffling if he was to go to Stoke ......nothing club IMHO

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes too good for this surely ? They aren't an attractive club with a big support or well backed .
Baffling if he was to go to Stoke ......nothing club IMHO
Pretty much what people outside Wolverhampton would have said about us when he came here.

But since when have manager odds been any guide? They always shift around all over the place in the first few days, along with stories of alleged done deals. Might be true, might just as well be all social media talk.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he's shown he's willing to slum it coming to Wolverhampton in the past, but surely he ain't gonna go to a place where stepping over the scagheads shooting up in the street is business as usual

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke won't go down imo.
If he comes in, he'll stabilise the team, buy in the summer and be ready for 2024-25.
I agree. But why? What is appealing about that for a manager of Nuno's calibre?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm desperate for it to be rubbish, but taking over a club that's underachieving and building something special as a project like he did at Wolves could appeal to him I reckon. Doubt he's enjoyed a day in Saudi like he did at Molineux (doing the double or not).
He's at a different stage in his career now though. He's proven himself in the Premier League. He's just ****ed on Ronaldo's chips in Saudi Arabia by winning the title ahead of him. He could have any job in the Prem bottom 10-12 when it becomes available if he wants to come back to England.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. But why? What is appealing about that for a manager of Nuno's calibre?
I don't think he's quite as highly rated in other quarters as he is on here. As others have said, his brand of football isn't going to excite many idealistic owners, and his last two jobs have been failing at Spurs and irrelevance in Saudi. Our pre-covid European adventures and overachievement have also left the minds of many.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's quite as highly rated in other quarters as he is on here. As others have said, his brand of football isn't going to excite many idealistic owners, and his last two jobs have been failing at Spurs and irrelevance in Saudi. Our pre-covid European adventures and overachievement have also left the minds of many.
He's rated a hell of a lot higher than a Championship relegation battle.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's rated a hell of a lot higher than a Championship relegation battle.
Definitely above championship relegation battle level but not sure he’s as attractive to lower premier league clubs as suggested by some.
Maybe Sheff Utd had decided on Chris Wilder coming back to the exclusion of all other candidates but if they weren’t then I presume Nuno would have been considered?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely above championship relegation battle level but not sure he’s as attractive to lower premier league clubs as suggested by some.
Maybe Sheff Utd had decided on Chris Wilder coming back to the exclusion of all other candidates but if they weren’t then I presume Nuno would have been considered?
Nuno would be in contention for any of the jobs in the bottom half if they became available and he wanted it. He's too good (and expensive) for Sheff Utd. Seen lots of Palace fans moaning that they're being linked with Cooper while Nuno is supposedly going to Stoke. He's a top manager. Way too much being made of his time at Spurs on here, where even Conte failed.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
He's at a different stage in his career now though. He's proven himself in the Premier League. He's just ****ed on Ronaldo's chips in Saudi Arabia by winning the title ahead of him. He could have any job in the Prem bottom 10-12 when it becomes available if he wants to come back to England.
Maybe he could, I'm not sure it's that easy. However what he had with us was magical and much as I'd hate it, I can imagine the attraction to him of trying to repeat it. Plus he's handy if we ever need to replace our manager ;)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno would be in contention for any of the jobs in the bottom half if they became available and he wanted it. He's too good (and expensive) for Sheff Utd. Seen lots of Palace fans moaning that they're being linked with Cooper while Nuno is supposedly going to Stoke. He's a top manager. Way too much being made of his time at Spurs on here, where even Conte failed.
I don't think anyone outside of Wolverhampton views him as a top manager, sorry.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anyone outside of Wolverhampton views him as a top manager, sorry.

Not sure if that is true. Taking a club that had been in the doldrums for years in the Chamionship, to 2×7th place league finishes in the Premier League, a Europa League quarter final and and FA cup semi final, would make him a well respected manager, in many quarters.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if that is true. Taking a club that had been in the doldrums for years in the Chamionship, to 2×7th place league finishes in the Premier League, a Europa League quarter final and and FA cup final, would make him a well respected manager, in many quarters.
Well respected and top are two different things, though.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My snobby, middle class, Novaportan attitude immediately thinks ugh but tbh whatever job Nuno does, I hope it goes well for him (as long as the clayheads don't end up better off than us)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Why on Earth would he go there? The narrative that he was terrible at Spurs has really ruined his reputation over here - even gets referred to as ex-Spurs manager on the bbc page without any mention of the job that he did here.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate in the know up Stoke says done, press conference tonight or early tomorrow!!
Maybe not as done as my friend said yesterday, he's got his face to face interview today, after his representatives have had an initial talk in the past 24 hours.

Does seem a strange move, but he does still have some ties in the area.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Maybe not as done as my friend said yesterday, he's got his face to face interview today, after his representatives have had an initial talk in the past 24 hours.

Does seem a strange move, but he does still have some ties in the area.
Let's just hope Stoke don't do very well when he interviews them.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno gets the job, can't wait for the first post along the lines

"Well, we won't be playing them for a while coz by the end of the season we'll go down under GON while Nuno gets them promoted".

In all the old "Staffordshire derbies" we played with Stoke, I can't recall a Stoke manager I liked. Nuno would be the first. They were good match-ups back in the day, often a bit of an edge to them.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he's shown he's willing to slum it coming to Wolverhampton in the past, but surely he ain't gonna go to a place where stepping over the scagheads shooting up in the street is business as usual

He went to London so I’m sure scagheads shooting up in the street won’t be unusual for him.

People smacked off their tits on Monkey Dust is much more Stoke.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes there must a project there, similar to the golden dawn of Fosun. There's no way he'd go to Stoke under normal service, he's far too good.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes there must a project there, similar to the golden dawn of Fosun. There's no way he'd go to Stoke under normal service, he's far too good.
They're absolutely flush and can get rid of their FFP with ease due to their ownership.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke have always had a decent wage bill by Champ standards, he'll have more than enough to work with imo. If they do back him I fancy he'll get them up in 2-3 years (including this bedding in season).

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke have always had a decent wage bill by Champ standards, he'll have more than enough to work with imo. If they do back him I fancy he'll get them up in 2-3 years (including this bedding in season).

Potentially sooner I think.

There really isn't much between lower end playoff positions and bottom half of the Champ.

A couple of decent signings from Mendes and some belief, and before they know it, they could string a bit of a run together and could be back in with a shout of challenging for 6th place this season.

Build again in the summer and take a winning mentality into next season and they're easily in with a shout for promotion.

Look what Nuno achieved here in such a short space of time. 15th to comfortably being champions.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potentially sooner I think.

There really isn't much between lower end playoff positions and bottom half of the Champ.

A couple of decent signings from Mendes and some belief, and before they know it, they could string a bit of a run together and could be back in with a shout of challenging for 6th place this season.

Build again in the summer and take a winning mentality into next season and they're easily in with a shout for promotion.

Look what Nuno achieved here in such a short space of time. 15th to comfortably being champions.

Agreed but I doubt he'd have the likes of a Neves/Jota level talent to call on for Stoke even if Mendes does him a favour. So I expect it might take a little longer to sort it out. We really did have a cheat code for that season.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he does become Stoke manager he can go up a level in legend status by keeping them in the Championship or slip a few rungs by doing a good job.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes to Stoke, it would be rather galling to have an inferior manager to a Championship side battling relegation.

Still, ours is a good craic on MNF...
As much as we all love Nuno, the fact that the only job willing to punt on him is a relegation club does speak volumes.

Back
Top Bottom