Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno goes to Forest

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as we all love Nuno, the fact that the only job willing to punt on him is a relegation club does speak volumes.

Yet I'd still prefer him to GON...
No dig at GON by the way. Nuno is just a better manager currently than him. Having said that GON is talented, and might be a better option for where we are as a club now.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as we all love Nuno, the fact that the only job willing to punt on him is a relegation club does speak volumes.
Perhaps that's his level at the moment and it might be a chance to rebuild his managerial career. His last season at Wolves was dire. The team's performances were a reflection of his moods. He was the last man standing in the line when Spurs were trying to pick a new manager although he did get MotM before Spurs form dropped markedly.

If he goes to Stoke I hope he can get them promoted.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet I'd still prefer him to GON...
No dig at GON by the way. Nuno is just a better manager currently than him. Having said that GON is talented, and might be a better option for where we are as a club now.
I think we would because Nuno and Wolves fit like a glove but elsewhere it is very fair to say it generally hasn't been overly great or generally ends a bit messy.

I'd be happy with GON but if Nuno was the Lop replacement we got in the summer I'd have equally been as happy.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He went to London so I’m sure scagheads shooting up in the street won’t be unusual for him.

People smacked off their tits on Monkey Dust is much more Stoke.
On the two occasions I suffered Stoke city centre, I first encountered bodies sprawled across the pavement with needles in their arms and the other time two ladies throwing punches at each other.

I'm sure this happens in other cities, but Stoke are the only place that has a 100% record in exuding depravity on each occasion I've visited.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season is a bit odd really though (at least in terms of the PL) most teams have very little risk of getting relegated and those that do are almost a certainty so it's hardly attractive should they sack their manager.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season is a bit odd really though (at least in terms of the PL) most teams have very little risk of getting relegated and those that do are almost a certainty so it's hardly attractive should they sack their manager.
Agreed, and many have had their current manager for a short time - it’s a period of relative stability compared to a right merry go round not long ago.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s just not true though is it. He’s been linked with the job, and it’s quite clearly *******s.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Can’t see Nuno going there. He would want to take his staff and want a large “war chest” to enable the “ project” to succeed. The Coates family are loaded but they won’t spend the money needed as they don’t want to fall foul of the stricter EFL. FFP rules.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance that Stoke will be promotion candidates this season, whoever they appoint as manager imo.

If Nuno is appointed, he will have to work with what he’s got and it ain’t good.

Would he be willing to write off this season and hope he will be provided with funds to have a go at promotion next season?Depends on any promises from the wealthy owners and if they keep them imo.

Sounds a bit like the Loppy scenario in those circumstances dow it.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno gets the job, can't wait for the first post along the lines

"Well, we won't be playing them for a while coz by the end of the season we'll go down under GON while Nuno gets them promoted".

In all the old "Staffordshire derbies" we played with Stoke, I can't recall a Stoke manager I liked. Nuno would be the first. They were good match-ups back in the day, often a bit of an edge to them.
This is the thing. If you are Stafford, then Stoke are the real derby.

Honestly l’d prefer him at Albion than Stoke. Have a fully justified hatred of that lot.

He will lose a lot of kudos going there in my book and not sure l could really come to terms with it.

**** off. Just no

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but I doubt he'd have the likes of a Neves/Jota level talent to call on for Stoke even if Mendes does him a favour. So I expect it might take a little longer to sort it out. We really did have a cheat code for that season.
Add in the likes of Boly, Saiss, Cav, Costa and Coady, and you have a fairly unique Championship side. One that will probably never be repeated.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add in the likes of Boly, Saiss, Cav, Costa and Coady, and you have a fairly unique Championship side. One that will probably never be repeated.

I don't think there's been a Championship side built in the Championship that strong before? you might get relegated teams that kept a very good core group (Newcastle, West Ham and this years Leicester) but I can't remember one built that strong from within the Championship? MAYBE that Fulham team with Saha could come close? but even that team didn't have the same level of talent. Still can't believe we didn't break 100 points.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there's been a Championship side built in the Championship that strong before? you might get relegated teams that kept a very good core group (Newcastle, West Ham and this years Leicester) but I can't remember one built that strong from within the Championship? MAYBE that Fulham team with Saha could come close? but even that team didn't have the same level of talent. Still can't believe we didn't break 100 points.
I know, that still bugs me

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. But why? What is appealing about that for a manager of Nuno's calibre?
You may ask why did he come to Wolves as we were not sailing high at the time.
As I said previous, Stoke City are debt free, have rich owners and capable of 30k per home game, which given PL status again would be not that different to us.
I wouldn't like the idea anymore than the next person, but I could see why it could happen, heaven forbid.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said previous, Stoke City are debt free, have rich owners and capable of 30k per home game, which given PL status again would be not that different to us.
I wouldn't like the idea anymore than the next person, but I could see why it could happen, heaven forbid.
Mendes Project....

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a completely different situation. He came here because of FOSUN and their relationship with Mendes. It was in the summer with time to build a team capable of winning promotion and his stock is higher now than it was then thanks to winning the Championship at a canter and taking us into Europe with back to back 7th place finishes. He’s since managed Spurs (briefly of course) and won the league in his last job. He is not going to rocking up in Stoke mid season with them looking down rather than up. It’s a laughable suggestion that is clearly nonsense.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a completely different situation. He came here because of FOSUN and their relationship with Mendes. It was in the summer with time to build a team capable of winning promotion and his stock is higher now than it was then thanks to winning the Championship at a canter and taking us into Europe with back to back 7th place finishes. He’s since managed Spurs (briefly of course) and won the league in his last job. He is not going to rocking up in Stoke mid season with them looking down rather than up. It’s a laughable suggestion that is clearly nonsense.
Even more funny are the people who think it's his level.,...come on he took an unfashionable team to two 7th placed finishes in the premier league.....give the bloke a bit of credit....even if his football was bad under COVID......

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I bet £1m on Tony Pulis, he'd be favourite.
McLeish, Pulis, Warnock, Holloway & McCarthy should start their own podcast would be hilarious

Scotsman, Englishman, Irishman, Welshman what could go wrong

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Amen to that. Looks like one or two Stoke ITKs saying Nuno deal off due to his demands, budget, number of staff etc.
If Nuno is too expensive for Stoke my guess is Loppy would be far too expensive for Forest. He appeared to have a travelling army for his few weeks here plus the price of a good player for their pay-off.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno achieved more in 3 seasons than any manager will for a long time.

Say it was down to Mendes all you want. He got the players to play. Won’t happen again

Is O’Neil not getting “the players to play”?

I absolutely loved Nuno and was heartbroken when he left, but the fact there’s still some weird agenda against O’Neil who has performed far better than anyone expected and better than anyone else since Nuno is just sad and weird to me.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I absolutely loved Nuno and was heartbroken when he left, but the fact there’s still some weird agenda against O’Neil who has performed far better than anyone expected and better than anyone else since Nuno is just sad and weird to me.
Lage got absolute pelters and we finished 10th.... O'Neil has done well under the circumstances but expectations are well down.....

That's not a trying to big Lage out just pointing out he got pelters and we was way above our current level......

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn’t say that. But oneil won’t get us to finish 7th his style is not creative enough. Well done to him keeping us up. It’s next season I’d be more worried about

Back
Top Bottom