Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno goes to Forest

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has stated that the brief he was given is to stay up. There's a difference.
marginal difference. Fosun lost interest ages ago. They can't and won't invest to crack the top half. he was just saying what his target was which by definition is Fosuns ambition

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inflated squad and wage bill. Big losses.

Fire sale is probably a bit strong, but they will need to streamline. Nuno likes a small squad anyway.
Oh really, interesting! I thought the Johnson sale meant they were fine.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will the Forest fans go for a change in footballing style ? No MGW in the centre ?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Will the Forest fans go for a change in footballing style ? No MGW in the centre ?
Think Nuno has plenty of strings to his bow tactically, his 343/352 was just designed to make the most of the players he had available at Wolves.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just looked at the Forest forum. They don't want Nuno. It always surprises me how Nuno is regarded by non-Wolves fans.
It shows the lack of respect non-Wolves fans have for Wolves, sadly. When they think of Nuno, they think, "the bloke that flopped at Spurs? No thanks!", rather than, "the bloke that turned Wolves from a mediocre Championship club into European quarter finalists? Yes please!"

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
It shows the lack of respect non-Wolves fans have for Wolves, sadly. When they think of Nuno, they think, "the bloke that flopped at Spurs? No thanks!", rather than, "the bloke that turned Wolves from a mediocre Championship club into European quarter finalists? Yes please!"
Yes, I think there are a lot of people out there who think he didn't do anything special, Fosun just threw a shed load of money at it and Mendes got us loads of players who wouldn't have come to us without that link. Which has some truth of course, but massively misses the experience of actually living through it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think there are a lot of people out there who think he didn't do anything special, Fosun just threw a shed load of money at it and Mendes got us loads of players who wouldn't have come to us without that link. Which has some truth of course, but massively misses the experience of actually living through it.

Plenty of clubs have had money thrown at them and not done anywhere near as much as Nuno did. The likes of QPR, Boro, Leeds etc had money thrown at them for a while. To take a perennial mid-table Championship side to that was very special and not equalled by any other team for 20+ years. Until the past year, it was even more than the likes of Newcastle and West Ham had managed and they'd spent far more over the years.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a few of their fans would have got a dour impression of Nuno's style from our post-pandemic performances. Unfortunately that was when we were on TV the most.
That and people have short memories and all that.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure Nuno is a mid-season appointment type manager.

He’s so drilled in what he wants his players to do that he needs time to get this imposed.

Brilliant manager though, love the bloke, and would have him back in a heartbeat if O’Neil left.

Also, personally I found the football very entertaining for at least 80% of his time here.

Not sure if he’ll be delighted to be reunited with MGW though.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Plenty of clubs have had money thrown at them and not done anywhere near as much as Nuno did. The likes of QPR, Boro, Leeds etc had money thrown at them for a while. To take a perennial mid-table Championship side to that was very special and not equalled by any other team for 20+ years. Until the past year, it was even more than the likes of Newcastle and West Ham had managed and they'd spent far more over the years.
Absolutely, you don't have to persuade me, just saying what I hear and read from supporters of other clubs and why Nuno isn't universally held in the regard we all feel he deserves.

To be honest, although I'm pretty sure he's a very good football manager that provides admiration and gratitude for what he did for us, my love of him comes from how he is as a person!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure Nuno is a mid-season appointment type manager.

He’s so drilled in what he wants his players to do that he needs time to get this imposed.

Brilliant manager though, love the bloke, and would have him back in a heartbeat if O’Neil left.

Also, personally I found the football very entertaining for at least 80% of his time here.

Not sure if he’ll be delighted to be reunited with MGW though.
That shouldn't be a problem, I'd expect MGW to be next out the door to cover expenditure.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excactly this..
I just saw the much respected autor and writer Michael Calvin tweet that this would not be an upgrade on Cooper..

I mean seriously? I mean how can you look at Nunos CV and achievements and compare them with Cooper, and not think Nuno is an upgrade?

Wolvessince63

Reaction score

May I suggest listening to this interview with
Rui Pedro Silva, it gives a very good insight into what happened at the end of Nuno’s reign

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take Cooper in a heart beat (don't quote me).

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We was good enough to break teams down in the championship but I feel the premier league is more of a physical challenge. We lack those kind of players Everton have that can battle. It is the right balance we need. Once we upgrade few defensive areas and new striker we will be looking to improve. Bueno is nowhere near good enough. How long can Dawson keep carrying us? Kilman inconsistent same as Semedo 1 good game followed by 2 bad. If we are serious about being a top 10 club you have to cut out the silly errors

West Ham tomorrow will be a good tester. Seeing where we are at. Iv no expectation to get anything from this game so any points is a bonus
Pretty poor way to treat cooper imo.

Yup…. He has done a good job and it cannot be easy to work under their chairman…..

He won’t be out of work for long and I would be happy if he were to ever be linked with our managerial job.

Great points on the team improvements, we are a good team that needs only little additions to kick on and play better football.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup…. He has done a good job and it cannot be easy to work under their chairman…..

He won’t be out of work for long and I would be happy if he were to ever be linked with our managerial job.

Great points on the team improvements, we are a good team that needs only little additions to kick on and play better football.
You can't help wonder, if Nuno didn't get on with Shi, how is he going to handle the several slices short of a full loaf character Trees have as owner.

I bet Cooper gets a good Chump job rapidly. Perhaps Norwich?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
You can't help wonder, if Nuno didn't get on with Shi, how is he going to handle the several slices short of a full loaf character Trees have as owner.

I bet Cooper gets a good Chump job rapidly. Perhaps Norwich?
It's been suggested that the Palace owner would like him to replace Hodgson if he becomes available.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame he is going to Forest.

The team I hate most in the Premier League to be honest, although at least MGW won't be too happy, which is a positive.

Not sure he will work well at Forest, but I do think he's better than Cooper. So I expect an upturn in the short-term and he will easily keep them up, they might even finish above us.

However, their setup seems to go against everything that contributed to his success here.

Transfers: They have a sporting director recently appointed from Rangers, they have the owners son who brings people in, they have also targeted the South American market recently. We know Nuno virtually always favoured a Mendes player, and it was rumoured Marinakis was close again with Mendes, which this reinforces. So what way do they go?

FFP: Will become an issue pretty quickly. They could get a few Mendes favours, but we know too well it doesn't always work. Who else can they sell like Brennan Johnson to fund new players? No one sticks out other than MGW and Murillo (who they won't want to lose), although they do have a big squad, so could make money on the sheer volume of sales.

Squad: I do think they have players to suit his 3-4-3/3-5-2 but without Awoniyi they're poor up top.

Fans: They probably feel with Cooper going how we did after Nuno left. No one really will replicate that special relationship and it's always difficult for those that come in.

Wanted Nuno to do well at Spurs, but hope it goes wrong for him at Forest! Sorry Nuno :D

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I’m thinking the title needs to be changed
Hoping Nuno has just been employed by a bookmaker to make them money. I wonder how many people will have backed him to take over half a dozen jobs by the time they win one at evens?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Would be interesting if he came in for Fabio.....
I can see them making a move and splashing out on Neves if Nuno is still there next summer. Hopefully Neves won't touch them with a barge poll. There's no way we'll have the money to re-sign him anytime soon. Judging by Ruben's social media posts he still very much a Wolves fan and misses Molineux.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see them making a move and splashing out on Neves if Nuno is still there next summer. Hopefully Neves won't touch them with a barge poll. There's no way we'll have the money to re-sign him anytime soon. Judging by Ruben's social media posts he still very much a Wolves fan and misses Molineux.
What a bloody awful thought!

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for Forest and Nuno . He'll get rid of a lot of dead wood and balance the books for them . Operation of a small effective squad is what he's good at .
He'll steady the ship .....won't be pretty but he'll keep them up and kick on .
Not sure MGW will sleep too well over the next few nights . May well be on his bike in January .

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for Forest and Nuno . He'll get rid of a lot of dead wood and balance the books for them . Operation of a small effective squad is what he's good at .
He'll steady the ship .....won't be pretty but he'll keep them up and kick on .
Not sure MGW will sleep too well over the next few nights . May well be on his bike in January .
I was going to say MGW and him dont see eye to eye.

But i expect with the lost dressing room nuno will be expected to galvanise and trim squad to a small working effective arrangement

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just looked at the Forest forum. They don't want Nuno. It always surprises me how Nuno is regarded by non-Wolves fans.
Yeah we as Wolves fans rate him a lot higher than other clubs fans.. One of my mates would always tell he use to find watching us play incredibly boring even when we were doing well!

Back
Top Bottom