Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love BBC stating that Nunes was excellent steering us away from relegation last season. Talking up the bang average midfielder because he's signing for City.

Predictable.
The midfielder who saved us last season??? Step forward Neves. A player who will always be welcomed and goes down as a legend!

Nunes, simply passed through.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether we got a good deal or not here is basically dependent on whether Doyle and Bueno go on to deliver for us. If they do, it's a decent deal, if they don't, it's a mistake. Let's reserve judgement until then.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I read about this deal, the more I don't like it (from what they are saying om Sky). Of course we don't know the full details. However, due to Nunes' idiotic behaviour, he essentially forced our hand - which is how player power has got these days it seems.

On the plus side, if we invest this money wisely it could turn out to be a great thing for us. Only time will tell.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Man City will always play it as if they got the better deal. We will probably never know. Doyle for £5m was most likely the sweetener and who knows if they had a hand in the smooth signing (hopefully!) of Bueno.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People still underestimate how good Neves was as a player and as a person, he’s up there as a true legend
I'll bite. Good loyal servant who stayed with us for longer than we all thought he would, and seemed to love the club, fans and area, ut also part of a turgid, sideways moving, negative midfield for the last 2 years.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last year I thought he played within himself and was not the same player as at Sporting. The talk of a pre agreement to sell him on in Summer 2023 to Liverpool for an agreed fee didn't help to shake this belief. It will be interesting to see which player shows up at City.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Get Kevin Muscat out of retirement for when we play Citeh and he can "do a Bellamy" on Nunes, worth a red card...:)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm just going to say....I have some grudging respect for the blinder Mendes is playing for himself here. He's good.

Don't care for him, and I would like Wolves to disentangle themselves from him, but he's good at what he does, huh?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last year I thought he played within himself and was not the same player as at Sporting. The talk of a pre agreement to sell him on in Summer 2023 to Liverpool for an agreed fee didn't help to shake this belief. It will be interesting to see which player shows up at City.
Think he'll do very well.
Their coaching is exceptional and he's surrounded by quality.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just going to say....I have some grudging respect for the blinder Mendes is playing for himself here. He's good.

Don't care for him, and I would like Wolves to disentangle themselves from him, but he's good at what he does, huh?

You mean good at extracting a large amount of commission from clubs? Yep, he sure is.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'll mostly be interested to see what role he has. Been saying for a long time, if we're not going to trust him to play in a deep position, we should cash in. I think we've got a good deal, just hope the re-investments are wise. Surely some cash left for January too....

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are no add ons though as I understand it (granted they'll never publish it). The point I think is that the way we should look at it is....

£47m in cash
It's upfront, so we can spend (lol) rather than taking out loans to future payments (Jota style) which would cost us £6m of that.
We can buy Doyle for £5m when he's valued at maybe £10-15 so up to £10m bonus there.
Then there's Santiago Bueno who seems to be a bit of wheel oiling for €8m when he's (possibly) worth double that.

So potentially the deal is worth £70m if we got really lucky, but probably £60m is about right.
Nice bit of spin. The only substantial addition who could slot into the first team is Santiago. That's it thus far and the latest news on Diarra and Wharton is that neither are available to us. Tick tock and less and less deals become possible unless you pay exhorbitant fees. The Paraguayan kid is irrelevant for now. Doyle is a squad player, perhaps slightly better than Hodge. The last minute strategy of the club is risky even foolish but we will see where we are on Sept 1 at 11.00. Up front money yes useful but the fact is City stuck at their £47m and we got someone who isn't even in their first team squad at a slight discount on an option. There may be some add ons which may provide a bit more eventually but let's not pretend at this moment we have strengthened our first team. Nunes is a big loss in quality and we now have very few game changing players left.

Back
Top Bottom