Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pep disagrees, says he's one of the best players in the world. Still what does he know?
But he didn't want to pay the going rate for one of the best players in the world, and I didn't notice a host of other clubs getting into a bidding war once it became obvious that one of the best players in the world was available for transfer.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he didn't want to pay the going rate for one of the best players in the world, and I didn't notice a host of other clubs getting into a bidding war once it became obvious that one of the best players in the world was available for transfer.
But there was no bidding war over Harry Kane or even Haaland? That’s not a reflective metric.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume you are talking about Lopetegui. I would bet dollars to donuts that Nuno had similar disagreements, but he didn't run to his buddy in the media and spread all the dirty laundry on the floor. It's disrespectful of the fans. By all means, if you have a principled disagreement, then you should leave - I just disagree with how he did it.
How the hell is refusing to cover up utter BS disrespectful to the fans? Conflating the interests of the owners and the fans is utterly ridiculous.
Re a "principled disagreement": firstly your proposal absolutely benefits poor employers at the expense of the employee - how very US! - and secondly how about if terms and conditions of contract were breached?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume you are talking about Lopetegui. I would bet dollars to donuts that Nuno had similar disagreements, but he didn't run to his buddy in the media and spread all the dirty laundry on the floor. It's disrespectful of the fans. By all means, if you have a principled disagreement, then you should leave - I just disagree with how he did it.
After Nuno left Fosun ran to the media to spread all the dirty laundry on the floor. All Julen was asking for was the backing he’d been told he was getting.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Nuno left Fosun ran to the media to spread all the dirty laundry on the floor. All Julen was asking for was the backing he’d been told he was getting.
Yep, Fosun (or more accurately Shi's handymen) dissed Nuno while knowing that, courtesy doubtless of a NDA, he couldn't respond. The same thing happened to Lage and now JL. Doubtless straight out of Jizz's playbook as he did the same for years.

Bigger beasts in the managerial jungle have their own media contacts though. JL got his story out first and Shi hates that - he lost his precious "face".

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nice bit of spin. The only substantial addition who could slot into the first team is Santiago. That's it thus far and the latest news on Diarra and Wharton is that neither are available to us. Tick tock and less and less deals become possible unless you pay exhorbitant fees. The Paraguayan kid is irrelevant for now. Doyle is a squad player, perhaps slightly better than Hodge. The last minute strategy of the club is risky even foolish but we will see where we are on Sept 1 at 11.00. Up front money yes useful but the fact is City stuck at their £47m and we got someone who isn't even in their first team squad at a slight discount on an option. There may be some add ons which may provide a bit more eventually but let's not pretend at this moment we have strengthened our first team. Nunes is a big loss in quality and we now have very few game changing players left.

City hold all the cards though once a player stops turning up.

I'd of loved us to do what Brighton did with Caicedo, but City aren't Todd Boehly's Chelsea and Liverpool/Arsenal didn't show interest.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shows the benefits of a top notch academy.
I haven't seen much of Cole Palmer, but is he any better than Gibbs White?

Top clubs have given token appearances to players for years now to up their value, it's just that the values are inflated beyond anything we have ever known.

Cole Palmer could be another Darren Ferguson.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
...or being the sort of club that won't allow itself to be bent over and rough rogered dry on outgoings!
They are owned by a sovereign state. They pretty much do whatever they want, money-wise. They just need to stay within the rules, which is easy for them now because of their academy helping them with outgoings.

This is all a fun plaything for them as they try to build relations with Europe.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Top clubs have given token appearances to players for years now to up their value, it's just that the values are inflated beyond anything we have ever known.

I'm not aware of any level of nepotism taking place in Cole Palmer's rise to any sort of prominence, in fairness.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
How the hell is refusing to cover up utter BS disrespectful to the fans? Conflating the interests of the owners and the fans is utterly ridiculous.
Re a "principled disagreement": firstly your proposal absolutely benefits poor employers at the expense of the employee - how very US! - and secondly how about if terms and conditions of contract were breached?
Respectfully, I disagree and I doubt I'll convince you any differently. I think that both FOSUN and JL were at fault for the mess. So, the owners shifted their tune on what they were willing to invest this summer after veritable spending spree last year--JL can either get on with it and show that he's up for the challenge or he can rock on. He wanted a pay out and got one. He's dead to me now - up the Gazz! Now, we're in the Nunes thread so I'll bow out.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he would be great this season, stepping up a gear. But his odd shaped head was turned and that's that. Especially irritating he chose to take the **** out of us at the end.
I expect Pep is correct but the deal has probably come at the right time for us so well done to Wolves for negotiating the money up front and the bits and pieces.
Doyle certainly had to be worth a punt, great crosser and long passer by the look of it - can see him getting games and hopefully some assists for our tall fwd line. Also tidy under the press, hopefully that translates to the PL.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everybody saying we got a discount on Bueno as though it’s a given, it may well be, but what’s the best evidence of this?

As without this discount imo it’s a **** deal and City have stood firm. Getting the payment up front is good but plenty of teams demand similar it’s not some holy grail - look at Bristol City’s demands with us. Nunes is a better player than Rice who has gone for 100m.
City Group own Girona. Hence Manchester City own Girona, which is also part owned by Pep's brother.

Just a coincidence we've got a centre back at a cut price I am sure.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what? A great goal against Chelsea and a brilliant performance against utd. That’s literally all he’s done since he’s been here.

Pep has a great record in improving lazy looking players, he’s got his hands full with this one.
That’s how I see it

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City Group own Girona. Hence Manchester City own Girona, which is also part owned by Pep's brother.

Just a coincidence we've got a centre back at a cut price I am sure.
Thanks i’m aware of the link and let’s hope it’s the case, but really it’s conjecture isn’t it.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you listen to pep enough he throws that comment and someone pretty much every weekend. Do you think he’d be buying Nunes if DeBruyne wasn’t injured?
So when Debruyne gets fit we can resign him for 20million?

Hope not, I've just called him a ****! :oops:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you listen to pep enough he throws that comment and someone pretty much every weekend. Do you think he’d be buying Nunes if DeBruyne wasn’t injured?
I think it’s actually a big quality that Pep possesses.. he overrates every opponent he faces, a good way to be prepared.

He’s said how great Wolves team are on a few occasions also.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rate Nunes but he's still potential. Rice has done it in the premier league. I also think Nunes has always been underrated by wolves fans which is why people moaning about the amount makes me laugh. He needed a full season to prove his worth and, although promising, we don't know that he would have.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely thought we’d have him for another season or so, purely because he’d played his way out of a move to a Liverpool, or City.

Honestly, with how he’s behaved now and how little he produced (other than the odd YouTube highlight) he didn’t pay us back at all last season. I won’t lose any sleep over this. Was more disappointed with Doc leaving, I think. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno didn't leave us six days before the season starts either. Lopetegui isn't fit to clean Nuno's boots, (to dust off an old phrase).

Rowzed

Reaction score

Cole Palmer is the dogs *******s with the ball at his feet. Quick, great vision and close control. Still developing physically but has the potential to be a Gareth Bale imho. Not yet the best at winning it back because he has learned his football at City and hasn’t had many high level minutes out of possession.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll bite. Good loyal servant who stayed with us for longer than we all thought he would, and seemed to love the club, fans and area, ut also part of a turgid, sideways moving, negative midfield for the last 2 years.
What? Bite? I’m not after bites I’m ****ing more interesting than going on a forum looking for bites

Neves? 23 people liked my view on him, none liked yours, I’ll back my view as probably more a reflection on our fan base than yours

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm honestly more excited for Doyle then I was for seeing Nunes continue at Wolves. So I'm very happy this is about to be done.

A midfield of Gomes / Doyle has the potential to be very good for many years. I'm very excited.

Back
Top Bottom