Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Not a bad time to discuss the team re-build

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it true we got 2 million for tsun dai. Can we transfer more players to china.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a swap for some other players, just not trincao as he is no where near the same value
Yeah it mentions Trincao and Puig (not sure if it means both, or one of).

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or be cheap and look at pre contract market.
We should definitely be looking at that market imo. Belotti, Origi both out of contract. Belotti may well be out of our reach but there are players out there on a free that could save us a fortune.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
We won't be spending big in the summer.
Why spend big when we can spend clever?...
I know we have only signed him but I would sell hwang . Which says it all how bad the signing is
Decent squad player and we need those. No brainer for what he offers for the fee we paid.
They replaced jota with hwang ffs
That’s a stretch.
The first half of 2019 when we had Jimenez and Jota up top, 3 in midfield. I think that’s as good as it’s ever going to get for some fans around my age. I remember that post season after we had just qualified for Europe, we were linked with Dias and Fernandes. We ended up with Vallejo and Cutrone.

As wonderful as that European adventure was, a lot of our problems with the squad date back to that summer in my opinion. That was our moment to grasp it and move forward again. Can’t help but feel we won’t get that sort of opportunity again.
We were still in the mix for top 4 iirc when the season resumed after lock-down. We finished above arsenal but for their FA cup win we would have qualified for europe again. This season too to an extent has been an outside chance but recent results have seem to have put that to bed. There will be more opportunities in the future I think.
The key off-season decisions are in the spine of the team - Raul, Neves and Coady - and I can envision all three going.

Cant see Boly, Saiss, Donck or Mouts sticking around. Hopefully Trincao is cut lose along with Hwang, Hoever and Marcal.

Wildcards for me are Silva and MGW, I dont get the feeling Bruno trusts them but probably too soon to decide.

Dont think any of the players out on loan will come back as starters and some (like Giles and Sanderson) will be sold.

Bruno has taken Nuno's players as far as he can take them. New 5 year cycle should start this summer. Whether Bruno is the right guy I am not sure, but this group

I think we need a new CB, two CMs and a Striker. Note easy, but not impossible.

That for me would be a minimum without any outgoings bar Moutinho.

CB to start at the expense of Coady.
2 new CMs of first 11 quality.(Moutinho replacement + 1)
Striker to compete with Raul and maybe let Silva go out on loan.

In theory all other potential outgoings would need to be replaced so we don’t further weaken the overall squad.
MGW replaces Trincao.
Saiss/Marcal could be covered by increased roles for Toti/Giles. But for the cost of what we need versus what we are able/willing to spend I feel we will come up short.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the thing, I don't see that it is being run 'sensibly'.

£35m on Fabio (again, not his fault) whilst ignoring key areas we cannot afford to strengthen.
More like lunacy in footballing terms I'm afraid.

While I may agree with you about the sense of spending big on a teenager, you base your opinion on a single transfer, not the tens of others we’ve done since Fosun took over. It’s certainly an outlier in terms of our business. Even Semedo has turned out to be an excellent signing, albeit I think we paid “retail price” as they would say on Bargain Hunt! Taken as a whole, our business has been shrewd and cautious not lunacy.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this just the summer transfer thread in disguise?
I didn't start the thread to just be a list of possible incomings though that is what some posters (fair enough) want to talk about. Personally I'm more interested in Mixers' views on which players they think will be going/need replacing. There seems to be a general feeling that we will need a replacement for Coady, possibly Saiss, Moutinho, obviously Neves if he goes and decent competition for Jimenez. That's possibly 4 starters needed. The debate then ensues as to whether we will have the funds available for these purchases?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30m for Adama or he returns to Wolves, anything else is unacceptable and should be dismissed out of hand. Wolves need the cash from player sales now that Fosun have turned off the taps.

As for the important current players I believe Neves will be the first domino this summer, followed by decisions on MGW, Silva, Coady and Raul (roughly in that order, although some decisions will be linked).

PS. I am presuming that decision on Trincao has already been made ;-)

R

reanswolf

While I may agree with you about the sense of spending big on a teenager, you base your opinion on a single transfer, not the tens of others we’ve done since Fosun took over. It’s certainly an outlier in terms of our business. Even Semedo has turned out to be an excellent signing, albeit I think we paid “retail price” as they would say on Bargain Hunt! Taken as a whole, our business has been shrewd and cautious not lunacy.
I do agree overall, and clearly they couldn't retain the rate of expenditure that they initially out-layed. But in recent years we have really stagnated, though I know we are shooting above our natural level.

It just feels in the last few years the strategy has been ****-eyed and poor, in stark contrast to earlier Fosun seasons. The summer is going to be make or break for us. It just feels like things could have been so much better still. I do feel like only Wolves could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reaction score
i think mouts, saiss, bolly, marcal, traore, ruddy will go.

The only others that need to go are all the players out on loan that don’t stand a chance of making the team, we have so many out on loan at an age that if they aren’t ready now then what’s the point in keeping them.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

i think mouts, saiss, bolly, marcal, traore, ruddy will go.

The only others that need to go are all the players out on loan that don’t stand a chance of making the team, we have so many out on loan at an age that if they aren’t ready now then what’s the point in keeping them.
Yeah, Giles and Sanderson will both turn 23 during next season. Not kids anymore, get some money for them with a sell on fee and reinvest it.

Reaction score
Yeah, Giles and Sanderson will both turn 23 during next season. Not kids anymore, get some money for them with a sell on fee and reinvest it.
Not forgetting the likes of cutrone, vinagre, bonatini, ronan, and kawabe, I mean what is going on with kawabe I still don’t know if he will actually ever play for wolves!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell to buy. Clean sweep.
Dendocker 10 million
Gibbs white 10 million
Traore 25 million
Sanderson 2.5 million
Giles 2.5 million
Raul 10 million
Cutrone 2 milloon
Fabio Silva 10 million
Connor ronan 1 million
Renat Dadashov 250k
Jordao 250k

Release
Boly
Moutinho
Hoever
Marcal
Saiss
Shabani

Hollo mate, I am unsure if this is a genuine suggestion or you are having a bit of fun?

Selling those for £75m and releasing the rest - having to replace17 players in one window with just £75m - really?

I think we can both say, this not going to happen.

You may see a few of them leave that's for sure, and you may see the odd sale in addition to Adama but we are not replacing 17 players in one window no mater how crap they played in the last match.

Get Giles, MGW, Sanderson, Bolla into the squad add in a striker, midfielder and better defender and go again.

That's what will happen in the summer.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell to buy. Clean sweep.
Dendocker 10 million
Gibbs white 10 million
Traore 25 million
Sanderson 2.5 million
Giles 2.5 million
Raul 10 million
Cutrone 2 milloon
Fabio Silva 10 million
Connor ronan 1 million
Renat Dadashov 250k
Jordao 250k

Release
Boly
Moutinho
Hoever
Marcal
Saiss
Shabani
So who's going to play?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have two major concerns - Fosun selling Wolves (I just really feel this is coming)

Second - if we lose any one or more of Moutinho / Neves / Coady / Ruddy - I think we are becoming very short on true winners with that killer mentality.
If we’re left with too many youngsters we may fold like a paper tiger… or indeed Wolf.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ahh how I've missed losing, January was so boring on the mix so glad people are back blowing things out of proportion again.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

**** me! 3 defeats in a season which we've exceeded expectations massively and people want bin the whole squad and start again!

Since when did we have so many managers migrate to this forum?

Sometimes i wonder what kind of drugs some of you are taking...

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been watching Porto on a stream we are going to regret big time not taking up our option on Vitinha, he absolutely oozed class tonight against Pacos de ferreira mark my words he is going to be a major player for Portugal pretty soon, our loss will be someone elses gain, meanwhile we struggle to create anything of note :joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat:

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Just been watching Porto on a stream we are going to regret big time not taking up our option on Vitinha, he absolutely oozed class tonight against Pacos de ferreira mark my words he is going to be a major player for Portugal pretty soon, our loss will be someone elses gain, meanwhile we struggle to create anything of note :joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat:
PL is totally different from the Portuguese league. They get time on the ball there. Makes a huge difference.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first half of 2019 when we had Jimenez and Jota up top, 3 in midfield. I think that’s as good as it’s ever going to get for some fans around my age. I remember that post season after we had just qualified for Europe, we were linked with Dias and Fernandes. We ended up with Vallejo and Cutrone.

As wonderful as that European adventure was, a lot of our problems with the squad date back to that summer in my opinion. That was our moment to grasp it and move forward again. Can’t help but feel we won’t get that sort of opportunity again.
The season after was way better though. We got more goals, more points, and had a respectable European tour. Problem for me was the summer after, when it was shown repeatedly that our midfield wasn't capable of controlling games in Europe, and we didn't do anything, and still haven't done anything to improve it.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me! 3 defeats in a season which we've exceeded expectations massively and people want bin the whole squad and start again!

Since when did we have so many managers migrate to this forum?

Sometimes i wonder what kind of drugs some of you are taking...
All UEFA a coaches don’t you know! All loved Bruno after Spurs but will deny it now!

Reactionary *******s on here. Really coming on less and less, some proper bell ends on here now.

We won 4 we can be in champions league
We lose 3, we are going down!! **** off

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I have two major concerns - Fosun selling Wolves (I just really feel this is coming)

Second - if we lose any one or more of Moutinho / Neves / Coady / Ruddy - I think we are becoming very short on true winners with that killer mentality.
If we’re left with too many youngsters we may fold like a paper tiger… or indeed Wolf.

Of the youngsters, MGM seems to have developed some character since he moved to Sheffield. RAN definately has something about him. Hoever looks lost most of the time. And unfortunately, Fab does seem to lack that killer mentality. He's a bit too "nice".

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, you'd hope we bank £35M straight off for Adama/Vinagre. Cutrone we aren't ever getting a penny for, Bloke is 2 in 24 in all comps.

Might be able to generate close to £15M for Sanderson/Giles which is a massive win and great production from the academy. Maybe get £5M for Boly?

Then you have salary clearances of Joao, Saiss, Marcal - that must be best part of £10M a year.

If we can keep Neves and get a CB, CM, ST in then that would be ideal.
It will be nothing short of a miracle if we keep hold of Neves this summer.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All UEFA a coaches don’t you know! All loved Bruno after Spurs but will deny it now!

Reactionary *******s on here. Really coming on less and less, some proper bell ends on here now.

Really milking the hyperbole eh?

Its more winning playing **** football is alright, losing playing **** football.... Well.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We simply have to play 4 2 4 or 4 3 3 next year. 343 in some games but not every single one.

Suspect neves saiss moutinho marcal hoever Trincao will go

We need to sign - 2 x CB, 3 x CM, 1 x striker , 1 x full back, 1 x wide player

I have absolutely no faith in fosun to make these signings , and suspect relegation will be 1-2 seasons away.

They’ve let the world pass them by in 3 windows and you simply cannot let this happen

If we did sign Trincao as part of traore deal - that’s as clear sign as you’ll ever see that fosun are completely incompetent

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Essentially replaced jota with hwang. It feels like shi was determined to sign him.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
****ed off to the back teeth with people saying they want player X or player Y from Barcelona. 12 months ago they'd have bene having a **** over the thought of signing Trincao. What we need is players who WANT to play for Wolves.
And what we want from Barca is cash - and only cash. And then we need to do some proper bloody recruiting, starting in the Championship. Olise - who outshone every single one of our players on Saturday - cost £7m. Seven bloody million - half a Hwang and a fifth of a Fabio. And about half the bloody forum recommended signing him. This year's Olise is Brennan Johnson at Forest.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ed off to the back teeth with people saying they want player X or player Y from Barcelona. 12 months ago they'd have bene having a **** over the thought of signing Trincao. What we need is players who WANT to play for Wolves.
And what we want from Barca is cash - and only cash. And then we need to do some proper bloody recruiting, starting in the Championship. Olise - who outshone every single one of our players on Saturday - cost £7m. Seven bloody million - half a Hwang and a fifth of a Fabio. And about half the bloody forum recommended signing him. This year's Olise is Brennan Johnson at Forest.
Looks very good, Johnson. Another contender for "this year's Olise" is Morgan Gibbs-White.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This needs to be a sticker on every thread. It’s like the walls are falling in every time we hit a bump in the road. Utterly utterly ridiculous

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If people want us to play a back 4 next season then we'd have to invest a lot in the position, which simply won't happen under FOSUN's ownership. Coady and Kilman are too slow and immobile to play in a 4 while Saiss who has experience in a 4 with Morocco is off in the Summer in all likelihood.

I think a 4 is the way to go in the long run if we want to improve our style of play but I just don't think we have good enough options to at the moment. When was the last time we invested in the CB position? Unfortunately, it's coming home to roost now as we're being forced to stick with the 5.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think somewhat of a rebuild necessary, few positions need upgrading. Can see the out of contract players leaving (Marcal, Saiss, Moutinho) and replaced in the squad by the fringe players (Giles, Sanderson, Cundle). No point wasting time or money on squad players when the boards plan is to bring through the youth and develop. Problem is we need upgrades in the first team which cost the money.
Relatively happy with the wing options, (Hwang, Podence, Neto, Chiquinho) more pressing areas that require attention. Therefore the money for Traore should be invested elsewhere.
The elephant in the room is lack of goalscoring and do we need a new centre forward. Wouldnt surprise me to see Jimenez going to MLS or Mexico and therefore we need a replacement and strikers cost a lot of money. Would we pay £30+million for a striker now like we did with Jimenez? Only Fosun and time will tell.
And central midfield, central midfield, central midfield. Cut and paste that from the last 85 transfer windows. With moutinho possibly off its even more important than ever.
Think even with the few positions brought in of need we still finish roughly where we are now. Unfortunately to crack the top 6 you need sustained and large amounts of investment something i dont think we are in a position to do. Especially next year with Newcastles potential to overtake everybody. That 7th spot and European football got to be the target each year in my opinion.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Above my desk is a framed photo of the Championship winning squad taken prior to the start of 18/19 season. I looked at it with Jade's comment in mind, 'this squad has had every drop squeezed out of it in the past 3 to 4 seasons'. That Squad is nearly 4 seasons old now and yet 10 of today's squad (11 if you include Traore) feature in the photo. It could be argued quite reasonably that they have done well to stay together and get us 8th in this league but as Jade says the pips have been well and truly squeezed now. The squad needs refreshing/overhauling this summer imo building around Sa, Kilman, Neves (ideally) and Neto. It's possible we could finish 7th this season which would mean we have been the 'best of the rest' 3 seasons out of 4 since our promotion. I just hope Fosun have the will to push us higher?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely agree.

Can you imagine us without him. I dread to think!

Look at Jota playing in an attacking side. Different class.
Look at Traore too. He's producing an end result at Barca.
Yeah maybe I was being a tad too optimistic with Cutrone! I’ve just read Barca are trying to get out of paying the agreed fee for Adama though, and are trying to do a swap instead which wouldn’t be ideal.
Yeah Puig was mentioned... waaaay too weak for the PL in my opinion. I'd go with MGW over either him or Trincao. If Barcelona do renege on what we all thought was a commitment to buy then we'll have been screwed over.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at Traore too. He's producing an end result at Barca.

Yeah Puig was mentioned... waaaay too weak for the PL in my opinion. I'd go with MGW over either him or Trincao. If Barcelona do renege on what we all thought was a commitment to buy then we'll have been screwed over.
Surely we could see this coming

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we could see this coming
I won't judge until it happens, let's see. I've got to be honest I had faith that at least here we'd managed to do a good bit of business. If they try to play us I'll be livid about what's happened, it'd be farcical. Most of us know/ accept that Silva was the pay off on a few sweet deals, this would take the **** though given where we are now. Like I saw, I'll reserve judgement until we know...

Back
Top Bottom