Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Not a bad time to discuss the team re-build

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

United seems most logical to me. Mcfred he walks in ahead of.

Arsenal maybe if they move Xhaka

Wouldn't get in City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United seems most logical to me. Mcfred he walks in ahead of.

Arsenal maybe if they move Xhaka

Wouldn't get in City, Liverpool or Chelsea.
Someone said on here that he couldn't stand the thought of Neves facing us with another Prem team. If he does go please go overseas. The greatest re-building news would be Neves signing a new contract and we build around him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Someone said on here that he couldn't stand the thought of Neves facing us with another Prem team. If he does go please go overseas. The greatest re-building news would be Neves signing a new contract and we build around him.
Maybe Juve? Although they just spent the farm on Vlahović (understandably).

If Moutinho is backed big again in summer he might try to entice him to Roma

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems extremely clear to me .

We can play 3 4 3 with our first choice team and wing backs.

As soon as the wing backs or moutinho or neves arent fit , we fall to pieces .

We need a CM to provide depth - someone with mobility
We need a CB to be able to play in a 4 comfortably / an upgrade on saiss
We need a CF to win headers in the box

Having the above would enable us to be flexible to 343 or 433/424

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems extremely clear to me .

We can play 3 4 3 with our first choice team and wing backs.

As soon as the wing backs or moutinho or neves arent fit , we fall to pieces .

We need a CM to provide depth - someone with mobility
We need a CB to be able to play in a 4 comfortably / an upgrade on saiss
We need a CF to win headers in the box

Having the above would enable us to be flexible to 343 or 433/424
I think if Boly really is back then his return and the emergence this season of Kilman enables Lage to play them in a 4 with Coady when using a 5. If this is the case, and we won't know really about Boly's fitness to play another season until the end of this one, then we can save a fortune in the summer on buying another CH. Saiss becomes expendable imo as we have Toti and Mosquera to come in. Being out of FFP restrictions is great and the money must be spent on an upgrade for Moutinho and a new striker.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if Boly really is back then his return and the emergence this season of Kilman enables Lage to play them in a 4 with Coady when using a 5. If this is the case, and we won't know really about Boly's fitness to play another season until the end of this one, then we can save a fortune in the summer on buying another CH. Saiss becomes expendable imo as we have Toti and Mosquera to come in. Being out of FFP restrictions is great and the money must be spent on an upgrade for Moutinho and a new striker.
Disagree

Cb is required . Boly has played one game . We need depth and extra quality to play a 4 as it stands

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be great if Wolves were looking at some players who would be bargain prices in the summer due to only having 1 year left like Sasa Kalajdzic, Goncalo Guedes, Carlos Soler, Evan N'Dicka, Duje Caleta-Car.

Felipe Augusto current At. Madrid CB and former Porto player is going to be a free agent in the summer as well would be the perfect replacement for Saiss

I really like this idea. But I would go Nikola Milenkovic, Renato Sanches and Sasa Kalajdzic on cut price deals with only a year left on their contracts. Add Palhinha to that and we would be ready for 433, 352 or 343.

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think Neto would hang around if Barca came calling?

Doesnt matter if he would or he wouldnt, he signed the contract when we offered it to him, he has shown his commitment to us. At least if a club like Barcelona, Real or Citeh came in for Neto we wouldnt be in a position where we wouldnt get decent money for him. Adama could have done that but he made the choice not to. Thats exactly the reason why i think it would be madness to have him back. We have players here who want to commit to us. Why would we want one who doesnt? I dont blame him either for trying to get the best deal. Its what Saiss is doing ( even though its probably more crucial for him ).

Lets face it, Barcelona have loaned Adama because he is cheap and its more than likely they have just taken advantage of both Wolves and Adama, probably because literally nobody else has shown they were willing to pay up. In some ways its a very smart move from them even if its a bit shady. If it doesnt work out with him at Barca, i think he will be offloaded for around 15 million or so if he comes back. We arent going to offer him a really good contract now i wouldnt think.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all we know we might need 2 first choice center halves. We havent got any real evidence any of them can play in a back 4.
Boly and Kilman are professional footballers FFS. They're both intelligent, good with the ball, good in the air and I can't see why they could not forge a pretty decent partnership tbh. Of course I don't know for sure but I believe the evidence shows they could. We have then got Coady should Lage want to play a 5. If money is tight I'd rather not get in another CH and put all the cash down on a mf and striker, both those areas for me are far more important.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly and Kilman are professional footballers FFS. They're both intelligent, good with the ball, good in the air and I can't see why they could not forge a pretty decent partnership tbh. Of course I don't know for sure but I believe the evidence shows they could. We have then got Coady should Lage want to play a 5. If money is tight I'd rather not get in another CH and put all the cash down on a mf and striker, both those areas for me are far more important.
Some players just suit certain systems and styles of play better than others. They can have all the atttibutes you need but they just don't thrive in certain systems. Look at Henry and Bergkamp. Top, top line players who didn't really set the world on fire in Italy but came over here and were successful. No reason skill or ability wise they should have failed, just didn't happen for them.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After his performances today and v Watford Wolves have to do everything (whatever it costs) to keep Neves at the Club. And if this means telling Real Madrid or Utd to **** off then so be it. Whatever re-building Lage deems is needed has to be centred around Neves. If we are seriously going to move on from this season we can't lose Neves and Moutinho (assuming he's still here he will not be a fixture next season). After reading through all this personally I believe the defence is sorted; if we go with a 4, then Neves, possibly MGW and new mf and up top Neto and Podence and new striker. So for me we splash the cash on 2 quality players - a mf and a striker. If we can keep hold of Neves then with the FFP restrictions lifted and IF Fosun have the will next season could be so exciting.

Back
Top Bottom