Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

No penalty

P

PortugueseTennesseeWolf

The penalty decision was correct. The only mistake decision today was by Nuno to pull Neves instead of Dendonker, as he was responsible for both regular time goals

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes knocked the ball passed donk and gone over a shove with both hands wouldn't have made him fall further away from where they brush thighs

The referee gave a penalty and VAR confirmed it. I didn't think it was a penalty when it happened, but the TV replay confirmed it was. You can argue until the cows come home, but you won't change anything!

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As i said on another thread, it wasn't a penalty.but a professional dive that conned the ref. There was no need to foul him but Deeney used his experience to fool the ref and he bought it. Always thought Oliver was a top ref but that one was worthy of Atwell.

This. All of this, actually. Gutted.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just seen it back. One of the worst penalty decisions of all time.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked soft as **** at the time to me, I have no wish to see it again, sounds like we were a little unlucky though.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I thought it was a harsh penalty. Seen the reply. Could not watch anything else.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt it would have been given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch so should not be givennin the penalty area.

D

Deleted member 4184

Just got back

If that's a penalty then the game has gone. The fact the VAR team have looked at it and deemed it a peno is a disgrace

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at the game but too far away to judge, just seen on MOTD, I thought it was a pen I’m afraid.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As i said on another thread, it wasn't a penalty.but a professional dive that conned the ref. There was no need to foul him but Deeney used his experience to fool the ref and he bought it. Always thought Oliver was a top ref but that one was worthy of Atwell.

This sits well with your other words.

Matthew Clark

Groupie
Reaction score
Didnt think it was a penalty at the time or after watching the replay but if we were the attacking side and the ref didnt give it then this forum would be in overdrive and we all would be feeling cheated. Some you win, some you lose. Watford got lucky with it and Ruddy nearly got a hand on it. Maybe we will get a soft dubious pen at Vicarage Rd or Watford get a harsh red card that ****s the rest of their season up. Gutted but we go again

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being picky I wouldnt blame donck exclusively for the first.Saiss header was poor and Deulofeu's finish was brilliant.

For anyone who went and bought a programme -have a look at the back it tells a story and we all know what needs to change for next season.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolys reaction told me it was a penalty he held his shirt over his face straight away. Soft but was a penalty wish our players weren’t quite as honest as they are, doc got fouled in the box but kept on going

D

Deleted member 4184

If it was on a wolves player we’d 100% want it

Was deeney looking for it? Yes
Did he fall over in smart style? Yes
Should dendonker not dived in? Yes

I’m afraid second you dive in and don’t get the ball your asking for trouble

In the last minute of an FA Cup final is that a penalty? No.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People on this thread arguing about two different things;

Is it a penalty by current accepted norms VS should it be a penalty for the good of the game

Scenario A) Media darling player clipped in last minute of semi final against unpopular team who are about to go to final without totally bossing the game to give the referee a chance to make himself centre of attention and the FA a chance to showcase VAR = definite penalty

Scenario B) player clipped when not fully in control of the ball and wasn’t about to create a chance, wouldn’t be a foul elsewhere on the pitch = no penalty/games gone/ etc

Unfortunately we can’t change the current state of the game we just have to play the game and not give the ref a decision to make

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looked soft on the eye, by the seemingly low amount of contact between Troy and Leander, but I see why it was annoyingly given having seen the replay.

93rd Minute of a Cup-Semi and such an attempt to win the ball makes something of the kind pretty inevitable.

It cost us the game, knowing there was just 90 seconds or there abouts left!

alobmbe

Groupie
Reaction score
The penalty decision was correct. The only mistake decision today was by Nuno to pull Neves instead of Dendonker, as he was responsible for both regular time goals
I broadly agree. To be fair it was an exceptional shot, but he should not have been allowed to get it away. And Dendoncker had already had a pretty poor game. I felt Bennett should have gone on for him with maybe Saiss moving into midfield. In retrospect it might also have been a mistake to take Jota off. He had put in a hell of a shift and was probably tiring, but he took more pressure off our defence than anyone in the second half.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish I had shares in Specsavers as they will be busy today if a lot of you didn't think it a penalty and 'no contact'. Nailed on penalty which was quite obvious at the time and more so with VAR. Soft in that Dendoncker didn't need to make that challenge as the ball looped up to Saiss who cleared it.

S

ShropshireLad

Never touched him no way was that a penalty
I freeze framed the action from each of the angles shown on MotD. Deeney ran into Dendoncker and fell naturally. He played for the penalty and in my view it is cheating. It's a bit like the Boly sending off at City. VAR accepted it but it was as clear as daylight that it wasn't a foul...but there again it wasn't a Sterling-like dive.

D

Deleted member 4023

Hate to admit it, but their player got well & truly 'donked'. I think Donk went for the ball & didn't really see the watford player until it was too late.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never touched him no way was that a penalty

Belgian international Dendoncker said at first he didn’t think the challenge was deserving of a penalty.
Michael Oliver pointed to the spot and then consulted with VAR officials who agreed with his decision to penalise Dendoncker.
A heartbroken Dendoncker said he shouldn’t have touched Deeney – but didn't spot him coming.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Donck didnt need to make the challenge. That’s the annoying thing.

Agreed. It clearly wasn't a penalty but I don't understand why he would try to tackle a striker moving away from goal.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on the blind side of Donk so he didn't really see Deeney coming in, didn't get the ball though and Deeney was looking for the foul and made the most of it. There was contact though and the way the game is reffed today it's a penalty, a soft one but a penalty.

you can argue whether minimal contact like that should be seen as a foul or penalty but sadly in today's game it seems to be

Unlucky on Donk as I dont think he Sees Deeney until its too late and hes commited to trying to get the ball. I think he should have been closer, making a challenge on Deulofeu for the first goal, quality strike though:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom