Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next four games - how many points do we need?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Villa (A)
Leeds (A)

We currently have 3 points from 5 games. How many do you think we will get from the next four matches? Around a quarter of the season will have elapsed by the time these games are completed.

It is often said that c40 points would guarantee survival - which would mean we need to be looking at around 7 points from these games to keep pace with that as a target?

In the past three seasons we have been at the following after nine games;

18/19: 15
19/20: 11
20/21: 14
7 ideally, realistically I’ve no idea…2?

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
For me , I think it’s as important to try to come through these 4 games unbeaten just to turn the mental side of things around , also we get a minimum of 4 points or maybe more , it’s so easy to get beat when your in a rut , easier said than done I know , hoping for 12 points ,,, expecting 4

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
If we pick up only 1 or 2 points from these games, I think Lage may well be gone.

8 points minimum is what we need.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need 7 points really. But I think we'll get 3 or 4.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to our start we have to look at the next batch of games one game at a time. Lose at Southampton and Newcastle is a must win game with Lage’s future very much on the line. Win or draw at Southampton and we can afford to draw with Newcastle, lose that one and the pressure is back on. To give people confidence we need 7/8 points over the next 4 games but I’m not sure we’ll get that if we only get 1 point from the next 2 and nor would I be confident that Lage will be in charge for the last 2.

We’ve had bad runs before and come out the other side under Nuno, Mick and Kenny Jacket. Conversely we’ve had bad runs interrupted by good results under Stale and Saunders.

I’m hoping we click as a team and go on a run as the alternative is Championship football next year and back amongst the EFL also rams.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could do with 12.
Probably get 1...maybe...

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 - to safely be away from relegation
9- to have a good season
10 - to stop all the moaning?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a slight aside, was in my local Apple shop today and two geysers noticed my Wolves face mask. One a Manure supporter the other Arsenal. Both offered the heartfelt opinion that they hope Jimmenez gets a goal soon, after what happened to him. Both think we should beat Saints but seeing that Saints got a 0-0 with Citeh a draw might be a good result. As long as Jimmenez scores!.

I think we'll get 3 points minimum out of those games. Can't see us beating Villa.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone I know is behind the team and the manager. Everyone I know also thinks the window was an absolute joke. Mental how many people think you can’t support the team if you criticise Jeff and the board.

Totally agree with this. Most of the fans I know are behind Bruno but deeply unhappy with Shi and the crew he has surrounded himself with.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree with this. Most of the fans I know are behind Bruno but deeply unhappy with Shi and the crew he has surrounded himself with.
If Lage was backed properly we would of done better so far. He was lied to by Jeff Shi.

This is still Nuno’s team isn’t it.... Right now il take survival and start a fresh next summer and clear out the squad it’s too stale. Coady has been found out.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12 points available from next 4 games, I am not sure how many we need, hopefully as many as possible.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Hopefully scoring 2 goals will give the team confidence that we can score regularly, saying that saints are hard to beat, Newcastle have a better version of adam, villa have spent well and Leeds will start clicking soon.
expecting 2 points, hoping for 5 minimum

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Il say 0 points and bet on the opposite teams, this is a fool proof way to get points on the board.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 points, 1 win and a draw (obviously).
Still early days, but I'd like us to be creating more clear cut chances... not just random balls into the box. We're creating a lot of sort-of chances, but not enough Xgoals ie. where we should be finishing. Be great if Jiminez got a goal too, probs more important.
Feel confidence is more important at this stage than actual points, makes us play on the front foot.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Hopefully scoring 2 goals will give the team confidence that we can score regularly, saying that saints are hard to beat, Newcastle have a better version of adam, villa have spent well and Leeds will start clicking soon.
expecting 2 points, hoping for 5 minimum
Why do you think Leeds will start clicking soon. Why not us? Leeds are **** and in a potential second season syndrome.

L78

Reaction score
Six points needed in next 4 games to stay on par for a point a game atm then try and build on from there and hopefully come out of this slump

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about over the next four games but after ten games I would like to think we will have ten points. If that is the case then I think we will go on to the mid 40s or so.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After 9 games last season the bottom three occupied the same places as they finished at the end of the season.
If we pick up any less than 8 points from the next four games we are in serious trouble

And the posibility of 0 points in December is a real one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lage was backed properly we would of done better so far. He was lied to by Jeff Shi.

This is still Nuno’s team isn’t it.... Right now il take survival and start a fresh next summer and clear out the squad it’s too stale. Coady has been found out.
It's actually worse than that. People forget that Nuno himself had wanted to strengthen but that didn't happen.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After 9 games last season the bottom three occupied the same places as they finished at the end of the season.
If we pick up any less than 8 points from the next four games we are in serious trouble

And the posibility of 0 points in December is a real one.
Yes. That run from 4th December is horrendous. 6 games where I can only see points coming from Watford home on Boxing Day
Makes the next set of games even more important

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures i cant see us getting more than 20 points by the years end,and im being generous in a few instances
Although that puts us on course to scrape 40 over the season, its a precarious position if it turns out that way
Of course things could change, and we may well have more, but at this point its hard to see how
Win the next 2 games and things will look up,in fact i would say they are getting must win games even this early

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it form that is holding us back ?
Not in my book . It’s a very small and unbalanced squad.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it form that is holding us back ?
Not in my book . It’s a very small and unbalanced squad.
3 players currently below par Coady,Neves,Raul
Unfortunately they are our spine and usually so dependable
Your right of course we needed a CMF CB and striker,we got nothing really
Maybe HWang will be ok, maybe Mosquera, but they arent the quality proven players we needed

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not that keen on the idea of any team "needing" points this early in the season. Similarly, how a few said Brentford was a "must win". We lost. So what next? Put the club into liquidation because we lost a "must win"? :D

From point of view of confidence - which I think is low - a couple of wins would be great. They are all winnable matches, for sure, though none are "expected" wins. A win and a couple of draws would keep us bobbing along above the dreaded "R" zone. Ideally, the win would be against Villa.

For me, it's still all about performance at this stage. More than needing points, we need to see our goal scoring rate go up a notch. Well, a couple of levels, actually. More than 1 goal per every 80 shots, or whatever it is. Need to get the ball moving faster and more accurately in the final third. Improved set pieces. Work those out and the points will follow.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 players currently below par Coady,Neves,Raul
Unfortunately they are our spine and usually so dependable
Your right of course we needed a CMF CB and striker,we got nothing really
Maybe HWang will be ok, maybe Mosquera, but they arent the quality proven players we needed

Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head there. While most of them have improved and (until Brentford...) looked "unleashed" under Bruno, the three that haven't are the spine of the team. TBF to Neves, he's had some good moments, but some stinker moments, too. Usually within minutes of each other! I can't work it out, at times he's looked like back to his very best and then he just passes straight to an opponent - and he seems to do this every match.

Back
Top Bottom