Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next four games - how many points do we need?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Villa (A)
Leeds (A)

We currently have 3 points from 5 games. How many do you think we will get from the next four matches? Around a quarter of the season will have elapsed by the time these games are completed.

It is often said that c40 points would guarantee survival - which would mean we need to be looking at around 7 points from these games to keep pace with that as a target?

In the past three seasons we have been at the following after nine games;

18/19: 15
19/20: 11
20/21: 14

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cant see more than 5 max from them...could easily just see three from them

Southampton (A) 1
Newcastle (H) 3
Villa (A) 1
Leeds (A) 1

and i feel i am being optimistic with that

7 would be ideal

of course if we start scoring earlier and more regular then maybe even 10/12

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 at an absolute minimum I'd have said. Any less than that we'd be on maximum of 8 points (possibly less) after 9 games! A failure to win at least one of the next 2 would be very bad indeed.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not looking forward to the Villa and Leeds games.

You would hope we have enough to beat Newcastle, but lose to Southampton on Sunday and I'll be fearing the worst.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8 points needed.
If we can score a few against Southampton I think we will be ok. If we draw a blank I think we will struggle in the rest. Newcastle is a massive game for confidence and points

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given our current predicament I think we’d have to be happy with picking up 7pts from these coming games, to put us on 10pts.

Fear it could be less, and if it is, I just can’t see when we will start picking up the required pts to stay in this division.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given our current predicament I think we’d have to be happy with picking up 7pts from these coming games, to put us on 10pts.

Fear it could be less, and if it is, I just can’t see when we will start picking up the required pts to stay in this division.
Fortunately we have 33 games for our form to improve.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fortunately we have 33 games for our form to improve.

We’ve been saying we have time for our form to improve since about November.

The malaise we are in is not Lage’s fault, but it is now his responsibility to change it, and quickly, if he’s not the man for the job we need to find someone who is.

I suspect we’ll find out over the coming 5-10 games.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 is the bare minimum, in the form of 2 wins or 1 win and 3 draws (perhaps more likely considering our lack of goals).

Anything less would be unacceptable.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Optimistic - 4 points
Rather depressingly pessimistic - 1 point

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been saying we have time for our form to improve since about November.

The malaise we are in is not Lage’s fault, but it is now his responsibility to change it, and quickly, if he’s not the man for the job we need to find someone who is.

I suspect we’ll find out over the coming 5-10 games.
And it didn't so we changed the manager and backroom staff.

10 games yeah. 5 games no.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 For Bruno to survive
3 to ward off major concerns of relegation
4 to keep us out of relegation positions
9 to stop moaning
12 to start talking about Europe

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need 10 points but will take 7.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 For Bruno to survive
3 to ward off major concerns of relegation
4 to keep us out of relegation positions
9 to stop moaning
12 to start talking about Europe

1 point from the next 12 available points, meaning 4 points from a total of 27 points available keeps Lage in a job? I can’t see that.

I think 4 points keeps Lage in a job. Maybe 3 points at a push.

Play as we did first three/ four games and we could well pick up the required points. Play as we have since then and we’re in big trouble.

We struggled to attract a top manager in May when we were safe from relegation and had a transfer window to use seemingly appointing a bit of a wild card… if the worst happens and we’re in the bottom 3 come November and looking for a new boss you dread to think the realistic candidates we’ll be looking at.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 point from the next 12 available points, meaning 4 points from a total of 27 points available keeps Lage in a job? I can’t see that.

I think 4 points keeps Lage in a job. Maybe 3 points at a push.

Play as we did first three/ four games and we could well pick up the required points. Play as we have since then and we’re in big trouble.

We struggled to attract a top manager in May when we were safe from relegation and had a transfer window to use seemingly appointing a bit of a wild card… if the worst happens and we’re in the bottom 3 come November and looking for a new boss you dread to think the realistic candidates we’ll be looking at.

We've only played badly once? So 3 games from the sack seems harsh?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically 6 would be a good return and keeps us in a decent place. 4 or less and a bit of pressure does start to creep in, even at such an early stage.

A losing mentality can be incredibly tough to shake, and I think we need the confidence of a couple of wins. Being in the bottom three going into November isn't catastrophic, still so many games to go, but the mindset goes back to last January and that's what needs to be shaken off.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A minimum of 7. Anything less will be total and utter ****e and unacceptable.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've only played badly once? So 3 games from the sack seems harsh?

4 games from now he could potentially face the sack if we were to lose 3 out of the next 4. That would mean he’s been judged on 9 PL games that resulted in 7/9 losses. With that ratio of results performances would really start counting for little.

Hopefully the next 4 games start with a win at St Mary’s and we can get carried away again for another week at least that really we should be aiming for CL football.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 points is the minimum I'd be content with given our poor start. Hopefully more. 7 or 8 isn't beyond us if the team apply themselves. Would obviously love 9, 10 or 12.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton (A) 1 pts
Newcastle (H) 3 pts
Villa (A) 1 pts
Leeds (A) 1pts

Anymore than 6 will be bonus on current form

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a minimum of 6 expecting no more than 2.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The following five are Everton, Palace, West Ham, Norwich and Burnley. Beyond that we have some real stinkers over the Christmas period, so the bare truth is that we need to be targeting between 12-14 points from the next 27 available over 9 games, just to keep in with that pack of teams between 11th-16th as we hit the second half of the season. There really is very little room for any complacency; we need four wins from nine, or three and some draws.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we will get 13 points.....

Or 9.

Back
Top Bottom