Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle v Wolves comms thread.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes,RAN and Neto on for Pod,Mouts and Jonny

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we so bad?…..Newcastle are not supermen…….they shouldn’t be running rings around us

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref quite a long way back and from angle may not have had a clear view of Pope take Jimenez out with his shoulder, but why in these cases can't the ref ask for help, tell VAR I didn't have a great view is there a foul there. Seems VAR just decided it wasn't a clear and obvious error. In Rugby the Ref would be asking VAR to look at it

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're lucky to be only 1-0 down - time to reset and show a similar 2nd half performance to what we saw at St Mary's.

Also seriously bin VAR off - what's the point. If the ref isn't sent to the screen today when he's 50 yards away from play, why do they need it when a fouls been committed 10 yards away from them. Zero consistency in application is what is wrong with this system.
Well said. In real time, I didn't think it was a foul. But the whole point of VAR is that things that are fouls which lead to game changing events can be retrospectively fixed. Awful as he constantly is, I don't blame the ref. He's miles away.

VAR should be interceding. Madness not to.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How they can say not a clear and obvious error is beyond me
That said we are very lucky not to be 3 down after that

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Forget the penalty decision, either way.

We are our own worst enemy at times and that’s reflected in the result so far!

Let’s see how JL reacts at halftime, will be interesting to see how he sets us up second half to at least rescue a point?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My comms agreed that it was a clear dive

Still think it was a “clear dive”? An utterly wrong and corrupt decision. Same for their free kick that they scored from. What comms do you have, Newcastle TV?

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yet our own fans on here slagging Raul off for diving
If so, then why not a yellow to Raul? Clear red all day long to me, except Madely has effed us over again.

Can Julen ask this bent ref not be given our games any more, as Nuno did with Mason not long ago?

Pitiful, but hardly surprising now, isn't it (rolleyes) ...

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref quite a long way back and from angle may not have had a clear view of Pope take Jimenez out with his shoulder, but why in these cases can't the ref ask for help, tell VAR I didn't have a great view is there a foul there. Seems VAR just decided it wasn't a clear and obvious error. In Rugby the Ref would be asking VAR to look at it
****ed isn’t it

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're lucky to be only 1-0 down - time to reset and show a similar 2nd half performance to what we saw at St Mary's.

Also seriously bin VAR off - what's the point. If the ref isn't sent to the screen today when he's 50 yards away from play, why do they need it when a fouls been committed 10 yards away from them. Zero consistency in application is what is wrong with this system.
Well said. In real time, I didn't think it was a foul. But the whole point of VAR is that things that are fouls which lead to game changing events can be retrospectively fixed. Awful as he constantly is, I don't blame the ref. He's miles away.

VAR should be interceding. Madness not to.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was clumsy goalkeeping and clumsy embellishment. Should’ve been left to the pen gods, if it weren’t fair Raul would’ve missed.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Podence should’ve been axed at half time

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty poor so far. How on earth can we score more goals with the current tactics. Cunha should be playing alongside Raul and behind them should be a proper attacking midfielder. Raul alone up front is given an impossible task with no support. Moutinho is not an attacking midfielder. He is the guy you bring on with 20 minutes to go to help exert midfield control on a match. We never seem to learn. Why oh why do we score so few goals? Surely Loptegui can see the current set up does not work. If Cunha is supposedly worth £43m play him in his best position as a 10 just behind Raul.

As to that criminal failure by the ref re Pope who undoubtedly fouled....no VAR,,,,If that had been Newcastle it would have been an automatic penalty.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ref decisions before VAR = ****
Ref decisions after introduction of technology = ****
See the constant PGMOL?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hah, on the top statement my daughters come in the boozer and says she wants to go park, misses given us the 'i want to go' eyes and I'll gladly accept, best of luck gents and ladies with the rest of this watch!
And on next week’s edition of something that didn’t happen?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WTF was that from Lemina?

WTF was that from Podence?

FFS

Back
Top Bottom