Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Kit 2020/2021

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Liking the navy

I like Navy blue, I wear quite a lot of it but I can't help but think Wolves having navy blue and with white stripes on it is a bit of a faux pas.

That's like Everton having an all red training kit or Birmingham having a pink and baby blue one.

Seems an odd choice.

ladywolf

Reaction score
The coaching/backroom staff had navy blue tops last year it’s nothing new. I think they look smart but annoyed they still choose to go with the cheap looking badge.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Preferred the grey to be honest. Like wearing blue but not if it's anything to do with Wolves. This range does look very Albion from a few years back when they had adidas.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Oh dear Watford, as if relegation wasn't enough .....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-153102_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200813-153102_Chrome.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 172
L

LoneWolf49

Preferred the grey to be honest. Like wearing blue but not if it's anything to do with Wolves. This range does look very Albion from a few years back when they had adidas.

Yeah that grey one is decent, feels nice too.
Likewise everyone else on here, did consider the navy but for obvious reasons it's a no go.
No alternative to it this season by the looks.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
For me our second kit should alternate between black and white.
Never anything else.
If they must have some sort of novelty third kit so be it, I just don’t think they should actually wear it! Unless genuinely necessary.
It would alternate between white and white if it was up to me. Black is what referees should wear:)

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
It would alternate between white and white if it was up to me. Black is what referees should wear:)
Totally agree, black with gold trim does admittedly look good but doesn't serve its purpose when chosen for the away strip. In recent times we have worn third strips at Watford, Burton and Hull because our black kit clashed with their home outfits. Even going back to the Chaucer days we wore the previous seasons blue and white away kit at Hull because that seasons black away kit clashed ( Carl Court last min winner).

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Hummm, total opposite for me, ANYTHING but white for me, too Leeds and I detest them - I know it would be unpopular on here but its been proven that more matches are won by the team in red than any other colour, so as they say "follow the science!"

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hummm, total opposite for me, ANYTHING but white for me, too Leeds and I detest them - I know it would be unpopular on here but its been proven that more matches are won by the team in red than any other colour, so as they say "follow the science!"
Is that to do with the colour or the £bn squads most of them have?

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Is that to do with the colour or the £bn squads most of them have?
They have to get to the top somehow Ginger, once upon a time ALL clubs were lowly little local things, some won more matches than others, got more people through the doors to watch them, grew, more of the teams that won more matches wore red than blue or yellow or white etc.
Just had another thought - England won the World Cup wearing red, but what colour have they principally worn in the 54 "years of hurt" since???

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Fair enough at least that's logical it may have something to do with the fact Manchester United and Liverpool play in red though. I'm not sure it would hold true in Spain:). I just remember us in white for a chunk of my youth.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me our second kit should alternate between black and white.
Never anything else.
If they must have some sort of novelty third kit so be it, I just don’t think they should actually wear it! Unless genuinely necessary.
I think our second kit should be the novelty kit. Could be any colour under the sun so long as it ain't white and blue stripes or claret and blue and I wouldn't care.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Fair enough at least that's logical it may have something to do with the fact Manchester United and Liverpool play in red though. I'm not sure it would hold true in Spain:). I just remember us in white for a chunk of my youth.
You're about the same age as me 15thW, so 2 points, excuding a few outstanding matches did we win much in white "in a chunk of my youth"?, secondly, if my aging braincell remembers correctly back then just about every club who had a coloured first strip played in white as an alternate, teams that played in white wore a colour, Leeds was yellow, black was not worn as that was for refs and that only changed a few years ago when refs went bright and Man U brought out a black strip.
Back in our youth second strips were to avoid clashing, were cheap for the club to provide and not for fashion use - hence white.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Just got myself the new Navy Polo training shirt - looks very smart.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But if we're going to "follow the science" then we need to change our home kit to red as we wear that much more frequently. Perhaps we can just wear the gold and black as the away kit :rolleyes:

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're about the same age as me 15thW, so 2 points, excuding a few outstanding matches did we win much in white "in a chunk of my youth"?, secondly, if my aging braincell remembers correctly back then just about every club who had a coloured first strip played in white as an alternate, teams that played in white wore a colour, Leeds was yellow, black was not worn as that was for refs and that only changed a few years ago when refs went bright and Man U brought out a black strip.
Back in our youth second strips were to avoid clashing, were cheap for the club to provide and not for fashion use - hence white.

My older brother dislikes us having white as an away kit, says we rarely used to win in it. He cursed when he knew we would be in white for the fa cup semi v Watford.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
My older brother dislikes us having white as an away kit, says we rarely used to win in it. He cursed when he knew we would be in white for the fa cup semi v Watford.
my memories of wearing white way back then too Miniwolf

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
True but I like it the Goodyear one with gold and black trim a classic. Variations on that please.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting news on the new Crystal Palace kit in that they are virtually identical to a fans concept design that appeared nearly a year ago on Instagram. It is not known yet whether Palace and Puma just copied the design or actually involved the fan but Palace chairman Steve Parrish has admitted the link between the two.
Really nice kits.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Science? Nothing scientific about it. The games that provide the stats for that science were won by the teams containing Christiano Ronaldo, Kenny Dalglish, Marco Van Basten, Lewandowski and Thierry Henry. Not Barnsley, Rotherham and Nurnburg.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
etc., etc., etc.

Back
Top Bottom