Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Kit 2020/2021

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something that I haven't seen mentioned yet, we're usually debating new kit by now, so thought I'd start a thread up.

Obviously we're yet to see out 19/20, which I presume we'll do in this seasons abomination. Not seen anything to suggest us moving away from Adidas either.

Having done a quick google, some of this years Adidas templates have made it online, one being this, which looks a little like some templates from the 50's and 60's.

1591119848246.png

Another being this, which wouldn't surprise me if it was predominantly Black with Gold effect on the sleeves.

1591119975283.png

If any photoshop wizards have some spare time in Lockdown, would be good to see the above outlined.

Thoughts?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something that I haven't seen mentioned yet, we're usually debating new kit by now, so thought I'd start a thread up.

Obviously we're yet to see out 19/20, which I presume we'll do in this seasons abomination. Not seen anything to suggest us moving away from Adidas either.

Having done a quick google, some of this years Adidas templates have made it online, one being this, which looks a little like some templates from the 50's and 60's.

View attachment 15579

Another being this, which wouldn't surprise me if it was predominantly Black with Gold effect on the sleeves.

View attachment 15580

If any photoshop wizards have some spare time in Lockdown, would be good to see the above outlined.

Thoughts?
Meh.... The second is the least bad but they are both so bloody boring. The actual colour will be key too. Hopefully this year's abortion will never be seen again...

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score

View attachment 15579

View attachment 15580

Thoughts?
The deal is for 4 years with adidas so hoping for an improvement from them in the home shirt for next year. Like both change kits but as already discussed at length the leisurewear is poor.
In terms of template for the kit I'd be surprised if one of them isn't the red one pictured as I've seen many leaks with this design used for many adidas clubs.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are these really the only two templates adidas are offering? I hate the first one,the collar is just too wide and overbearing,and that shoulder panelling just looks ridiculous,the 2nd shirt has got the whole training shirt vibe about it. I can see the 1st being used on our home shirt and the 2nd on our away.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Annoys me that we always get a generic template kit. Especially with our colours and badge being quite unique. We could easily have bold statement kit similar to the Nigerians kits designed by Nike.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, not keen on those templates, but if they sort out this season's crap colour that'll be a win.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The first one I could possibly live with. Although my view is probably biased by how excruciatingly bad the current offering is. But compared to 2018-19 it isn't in the same league. Could do with a new sponsor as well...

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Annoys me that we always get a generic template kit. Especially with our colours and badge being quite unique. We could easily have bold statement kit similar to the Nigerians kits designed by Nike.
Unfortunately that's what you get when signing with Adidas, we are not one of their elite teams who get bespoke designs - Man Utd, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern etc. If we want something special at the moment Umbro or Hummel ( who Everton have just signed with ) would be better options. There is also a new interesting name in Castore who will be supplying Rangers next season. Andy Murray is a share holder and they supply all his gear. They will definitely be bespoke as they'll only have one club next year.

ladywolf

Reaction score
I quite like the first one! The second would look better with a black collar.

not won’t be hard to beat this years

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Yeah true but Nigeria aren’t really an elite nation on the international stage. I could understand if we were in the championship but we’re premier league and one of the most rapid growing clubs worldwide. Maybe it’s something fosun will look into in the future about getting a more bespoke kit. Especially with all the effort that they have put in growing the brand worldwide like the fashion show last year.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Yeah true but Nigeria aren’t really an elite nation on the international stage. I could understand if we were in the championship but we’re premier league and one of the most rapid growing clubs worldwide. Maybe it’s something fosun will look into in the future about getting a more bespoke kit. Especially with all the effort that they have put in growing the brand worldwide like the fashion show last year.
I think the problem is that our deal with adidas is very much like the deal we had with puma before. The puma deal wasn't actually with puma but genises sports who produce puma branded kits for clubs not in the elite bracket such as Man City and Dortmund. Our kits seem to be miadidas (if you look in the collar ) I fear it is similar. I saw a mate of mine the other day wearing the black Man Utd top from this season and you can really tell he was wearing a quality sports top compared to what we have been given, especially the home shirt.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Maybe it's just my imagination but I swear I spent years reading these threads with people desperate for us to go with Adidas. This year's kit is the worst in a long time, but it's mainly the awful advertising, if nothing else make that all black, anything with the black and white combo will look nasty.

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Unfortunately that's what you get when signing with Adidas, we are not one of their elite teams who get bespoke designs - Man Utd, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern etc. If we want something special at the moment Umbro or Hummel ( who Everton have just signed with ) would be better options. There is also a new interesting name in Castore who will be supplying Rangers next season. Andy Murray is a share holder and they supply all his gear. They will definitely be bespoke as they'll only have one club next year.
Andy Murray’s Castore could be interesting, what with him being a Wolves fan and everything!

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
I was being a bit tongue in cheek but due to his friendship with David Lloyd (Wolves fan) we did claim him as one of our own!

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
If we want something special at the moment Umbro or Hummel ( who Everton have just signed with ) would be better options.

Hummel did some absolute classics in the late '80s, early '90s. I'm thinking of the Danish national team, and Spurs with 'Holsten' as the sponsor.

If Everton have some type of nod to these then they have the type of brand and heritage that could really work.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Hummel did some absolute classics in the late '80s, early '90s. I'm thinking of the Danish national team, and Spurs with 'Holsten' as the sponsor.

If Everton have some type of nod to these then they have the type of brand and heritage that could really work.
Hi guys and girls is it me .WHY IS THE CLUB BADGE ON THE SHIRT SO SMALL IT COULD AND SHOULD BE MADE BIGGER .LOOK AT VILLA'S BADGE THATS HOW BIG IT SHOULD BE .COME ON ADDIS DO THE BUSINESS. LETS HAVE IT BIGGER. WHEM A BIG CLUB NOW .WOLVES AY WE.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I was being a bit tongue in cheek but due to his friendship with David Lloyd (Wolves fan) we did claim him as one of our own!

It’s John Lloyd not David

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the Adidas stripes on our kit, but if we have to have them I do think they look better on the shoulder , rather than down the side.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the problem is that our deal with adidas is very much like the deal we had with puma before. The puma deal wasn't actually with puma but genises sports who produce puma branded kits for clubs not in the elite bracket such as Man City and Dortmund. Our kits seem to be miadidas (if you look in the collar ) I fear it is similar. I saw a mate of mine the other day wearing the black Man Utd top from this season and you can really tell he was wearing a quality sports top compared to what we have been given, especially the home shirt.

Did not know that. Thanks for that. Genuinely assumed it was be with them directly, did not realise there were almost sub sections that we used.

Have to say it is only this year's home kit I didn't like. Last year's top, especially the home was superb. Hopefully we get a better one next year.

Also what's wrong with the leisure wear? I've had a few things and training top, good stuff.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking since we've had Adidas as our kit manufacturer they have gone from cool with the Kids to not been seen dead in it?

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As I understood it, miadidas were a division of adidas which allowed personalisation of their products. That was certainly true as far as running shoes was concerned. Not sure that they bulk manufactured kit. I may be wrong.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking since we've had Adidas as our kit manufacturer they have gone from cool with the Kids to not been seen dead in it?
I think Adidas is still more fashionable than Burrda.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A bit like as soon as we stopped having Le Coq Sportif make our kits they suddenly started producing some phenomenal ones for Fiorentina and St. Etienne.

I think most we're excited by Adidas doing the kits and leisurewear. Last season's home and away were pretty much universally popular, as is this year's away kit (despite the stupid Manbet sponsor).

The leisurewear side of it though has been tremendously disappointing in terms of quality and design, as is this year's home kit.

I'd be quite happy for us to go elsewhere and have the kit and leisurewear produced by a smaller company who put more emphasis on quality and less on template stuff.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just some thoughts. Last year's adidas kit was epic. The colour matched our corporate colour and was simple and well defined. The training and leisurewear was obviously rushed though. This year the first strip suffered because the colour became confused in the multi-tone template, unlike Liecester's where it works with blue it didn't with ours. The second and third kits are okay. The Training and leisurewear improved as it was done around our colours this time.

All I would like is that we go with a simple design and get the colour right and stick to it. Last season's took a bit of getting used to but it was unique.

The problem with a bespoke kit is sometimes it can go horribly wrong, as much as I'm no big fan of this years "fussy" home shirt it's nothing compared to the Puma Wolf's Head abomination.

Oh and can we ditch the black socks?

Back
Top Bottom