Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Kit 2020/2021

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit like as soon as we stopped having Le Coq Sportif make our kits they suddenly started producing some phenomenal ones for Fiorentina and St. Etienne.

I think most we're excited by Adidas doing the kits and leisurewear. Last season's home and away were pretty much universally popular, as is this year's away kit (despite the stupid Manbet sponsor).

The leisurewear side of it though has been tremendously disappointing in terms of quality and design, as is this year's home kit.

I'd be quite happy for us to go elsewhere and have the kit and leisurewear produced by a smaller company who put more emphasis on quality and less on template stuff.

Spot on.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Just some thoughts. Last year's adidas kit was epic. The colour matched our corporate colour and was simple and well defined. The training and leisurewear was obviously rushed though. This year the first strip suffered because the colour became confused in the multi-tone template, unlike Liecester's where it works with blue, it didn't with ours. The second and this kits are okay. The Training and leisurewear improved as it was done around our colours this time.

All I would like is that we go with a simple design and get the colour right and stick to it. Last season's took a bit of getting used to but it was unique.

The problem with a bespoke kit is sometimes it can go horribly wrong, as much as I'm no big fan of this years "fussy" home shirt it's nothing compared to the Puma Wolf's Head abomination.

Oh and can we ditch the black socks?
Too right that the black socks have to go, I have a theory that the home and away socks were swopped because the gold ones dont match the dark gold shirt. Why else would the away kit have gold socks as its "first" choice?

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
As I understood it, miadidas were a division of adidas which allowed personalisation of their products. That was certainly true as far as running shoes was concerned. Not sure that they bulk manufactured kit. I may be wrong.
Not sure myself but all I know is in our house we have last years home and away shirts and this years away and third in various sizes and they all have miadidas trim inside the shirt by the collar apart from last years white kit.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Simple always looks the best.

Last seasons home/away kits were the best since Goodyear 94/95.
Agreed. I'd forgotten how good the away strip was even though we didn't have much luck in it.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Too right that the black socks have to go, I have a theory that the home and away socks were swopped because the gold ones dont match the dark gold shirt. Why else would the away kit have gold socks as its "first" choice?
The socks have often not matched over the years .Same has applied to matching the shorts when we have had gold ones too

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Who actually chooses what strips we end up with ?Is there any club input least of all any fan involvement?Most likely it is here you go like it or lump it

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
The socks have often not matched over the years .Same has applied to matching the shorts when we have had gold ones too
Yeah obviously we haven't worn the gold shorts this season in a prem game with the dark gold shirt but we did wear them with the gold shirts in a PL2 game v Derby and it looked bloody awful!

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
We've been moaning about kit suppliers for how long now, since le coq sportif and we probably moaned about them too
To be fair looking at all the LCS kits now the only home kit I like was the last Chaucer one we won the championship in. They faired better in my eyes with the away kits - all white, all blue with gold piping and the black and neon one although it looked ridiculous at Watford with gold shorts.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair looking at all the LCS kits now the only home kit I like was the last Chaucer one we won the championship in. They faired better in my eyes with the away kits - all white, all blue with gold piping and the black and neon one although it looked ridiculous at Watford with gold shorts.

The final LCS shirt with very little black (apart from collar and cuffs) worn in the Premier League in 2009-10 was one of my favourite ever Wolves shirts

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
The final LCS shirt with very little black (apart from collar and cuffs) worn in the Premier League in 2009-10 was one of my favourite ever Wolves shirts
To be fair it was tidy and clean, I personally didn't like the collar on that one, and that fact it had a red and blue sponsor instead of black yet both goalie kits got away with having Sportingbet in plain white.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate of mine wore this to training last season and it looked incredible.

If they could replicate this in last season’s colour and a slightly darker gold for the stripes, it would be stunning.

View attachment 15602
A little more black on the collar and cuffs and it's banging.

Also Wolves will sign Nathan Collins from Burnley (he's not there yet, I know. But that will happen too) in July 2022. You heard it here first. ITK innit.

Last edited:

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be sad to see this seasons away kit go,its probably one of my favourite ever Wolves shirts,proper smart,can't help but think of Besiktas and Man.City away.

Totally agree, this season's away shirt is in my top 2 favourite aways ever, the other being the one from 2017 with the horizontal gold band

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll never get my head around why do many people liked the colour of last seasons shirt.

In 32 years of going it’s the only season Iv seen wolves in yellow. Not a Wolves colour in a million years.
It wasn't yellow. Lighter gold looks so much better than the crappy cheap orange we usually have to suffer.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll never get my head around why do many people liked the colour of last seasons shirt.

In 32 years of going it’s the only season Iv seen wolves in yellow. Not a Wolves colour in a million years.
Agreed. We’ll be in the minority though. I actually quite like this years kit. Wasn’t too keen at first, but liked it once I saw it in person.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

I know it was yellowish, but last years home kit was possibly my favourite kit ever. It just looked utter class. To see Wolves finally play in a classy Adidas kit playing amazing football in the Premier League was a Teenage jizzfest dream for me finally in my mid-40s. Thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Then the FA Cup Semifinal happened, and I realised I hadn’t.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Agreed. We’ll be in the minority though. I actually quite like this years kit. Wasn’t too keen at first, but liked it once I saw it in person.
I'm the other way round- think it looks ok on tv and in pictures the majority of the time but close up the fact that the collar is yellow against the dark gold base colour of the shirt makes it look cheap and tacky, like a fake knock off you'd buy on a market abroad.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it was yellowish, but last years home kit was possibly my favourite kit ever. It just looked utter class. To see Wolves finally play in a classy Adidas kit playing amazing football in the Premier League was a Teenage jizzfest dream for me finally in my mid-40s. Thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Then the FA Cup Semifinal happened, and I realised I hadn’t.
The design was great, the colour was not Wolves thought.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't yellow. Lighter gold looks so much better than the crappy cheap orange we usually have to suffer.
It wasn’t Norwich yellow but it was still yellow. Compare it to the 87/88 shirt or the 94/95 shirt, completely different. No one would honestly call that colour gold.

I remember all the guff on here and twitter about it being a colour Adidas had specially put together for us. It was just the nearest thing they had at the time.

It was a brilliant design, just would have wanted it in a colour I’d recognise Wolves in at any point over the last 40 years.

The away kit was the best we’ve ever had.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks much better from the stands than it does close up.
Hate the black socks though.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm the other way round- think it looks ok on tv and in pictures the majority of the time but close up the fact that the collar is yellow against the dark gold base colour of the shirt makes it look cheap and tacky, like a fake knock off you'd buy on a market abroad.
Each to their own, it works for me.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So you started going about 1988. That explains it. Last years colour was the closest to the kit colour from the 50s through to the 70s.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn’t Norwich yellow but it was still yellow. Compare it to the 87/88 shirt or the 94/95 shirt, completely different. No one would honestly call that colour gold.

I remember all the guff on here and twitter about it being a colour Adidas had specially put together for us. It was just the nearest thing they had at the time.

It was a brilliant design, just would have wanted it in a colour I’d recognise Wolves in at any point over the last 40 years.

The away kit was the best we’ve ever had.

I agree it was lighter than we're used to, but it just looked so good on the pitch.

I remember Palace away when it was pouring it down and dark, the way it looked under the lights, it just shone.

The kinda colour you're referencing looks great too, I'm just sick to death of orange, that's definitely not us.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree it was lighter than we're used to, but it just looked so good on the pitch.

I remember Palace away when it was pouring it down and dark, the way it looked under the lights, it just shone.

The kinda colour you're referencing looks great too, I'm just sick to death of orange, that's definitely not us.
It was very wet at Palace! See, I agree with you, it was an excellent football kit, just not for me a Wolves kit.
Agree that the kits had gone too far the other way previously, the shirt we won the championship in was practically tangerine.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you started going about 1988. That explains it. Last years colour was the closest to the kit colour from the 50s through to the 70s.
The early 50s were the old gold which was dark and certainly from what Iv seen the 74 shirt was more orangey than yellow.
Can’t comment with any certainty on the 60s but Iv seen some pictures of a round neck kit (67/68?) that do look very yellowish.
You’re right about age making a difference, I just didn’t associate last season’s colour with anything I’d personally seen Wolves in before.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The museum used to have all of our shirts through the ages hanging up on a wall (might still do, not been for ages), but the colour variation was just as bad through the 30s/40s/50s and 60s. The strip Stan Cullis played in was practically brown, the same as the 01/02 shirt which everyone hated (another one I didn’t mind too much).

Last year was too yellow for me, although again, I grew up through the late 80s/90s.

Back
Top Bottom