Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Fans

superwolves

Reaction score
Will the new fans now watching wolves become a hinderence to our team. I know we've never had the most patient fanbase but surely anyone from the 4th 3rd division days watching wolves now are living in paradise. I cant imagine many of those would be all over social media sites putting down our team for a loss. I hope our new generation of fans can allow our team to continue to grow

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like every other football club, Wolves have their fair share of moaners. It's been the same ever since I can remember and that's a very long time. New fans or fans going back to the Cullis era, some will always find something to complain about. That doesn't make them any less of a fan though.

superwolves

Reaction score
It depends what you mean by "new fans"? When is the cut off date?
Well I could only think those who would find the need to berate there own players and nuno boring approach wouldn't have watched many matches from the lower league's. Surely it must be new generation who have been spoilt over the last 3 years

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I could only think those who would find the need to berate there own players and nuno boring approach wouldn't have watched many matches from the lower league's. Surely it must be new generation who have been spoilt over the last 3 years
I see your point but don't necessarily agree. Are we meant to be grateful just to be in the PL, or to be in the Football League at all? or can we be critical when we clearly have the players, infrastructure and money to be competing for European places?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If this thread is just going to be about who is the biggest superfan then I'll close it here because will just become a witch hunt to anyone that doesn't bow down and never speak a word against how the team is playing etc.

This is a forum discussing our team, some will be happy, others wont be, it's no different anywhere else or with any other fans.

If you wish to discuss without the nonsense then it'll stay open. Otherwise it will get closed.

superwolves

Reaction score
Like every other football club, Wolves have their fair share of moaners. It's been the same ever since I can remember and that's a very long time. New fans or fans going back to the Cullis era, some will always find something to complain about. That doesn't make them any less

I see your point but don't necessarily agree. Are we meant to be grateful just to be in the PL, or to be in the Football League at all? or can we be critical when we clearly have the players, infrastructure and money to be competing for European places?
We are competing for European places and will be this season. I think criticism is warranted for lack of effort but that isn't the case with our team we are competing with teams who have been established in the league for years were still new in there. Maybe Nunos tactics aren't the most entertaining but they are the ones that will get us best results at the moment

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are competing for European places and will be this season. I think criticism is warranted for lack of effort but that isn't the case with our team we are competing with teams who have been established in the league for years were still new in there. Maybe Nunos tactics aren't the most entertaining but they are the ones that will get us best results at the moment
I think as fans who pay to see our club, we're allowed to criticise for more than just lack of effort. When it's all said and done, players, managers, owners etc will come and go, but the fans will remain. We should have the most right to criticise if we see our club isn't performing to our standards.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a fan since the early 90’s so not as long as many on here but I’ve seen my fair share of disappointment.

While i get both sides of the argument (look where we were x amount of years ago vs we’ve got quality players so should do better) I think you have to judge things on the ambitions of the club. We make noises about breaking in to the top 6 and eventually regularly challenging at the top so we therefore need to judge ourselves to those levels, imo.

It’s a bit like if Tyson Fury was to get knocked out in his warm up fight; would he be distraught or would he say “it’s ok, I was fighting in a leisure centre 7 years ago”.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely if everybody agreed on everything Wolves then there'd be no need for forums like this, as the need for discussion wouldn't exist.
Frankly I'm bored of the perpetual one upmanship on here between the so called 'happy clappers' and the 'pant wetters'. It's fine and only human for people to see things differently and have different opinions, why the need for the constant bickering and arguing?
I personally don't think we've looked right since before Brighton at home last season, but for a couple of decent performances against Everton and possibly Palace last week. That's my opinion, like it or lump it, but it doesn't make my love of the club any less, despite what others may say or think!
Yes we've had very dark days in the past but if were gonna continually use that as a yardstick every time someone dares to criticise the team or manager now, how the hell are we ever gonna progress?!!!
At the end of the day we're all Wolves fans and we all want the same thing, however, when we don't get it some of us take it harder than others and we all react in our own ways to disappointment.
The strength is in the pack and even a slightly disjointed one is better than no pack at all!
TIOLAIKND

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a fan since the early 90’s so not as long as many on here but I’ve seen my fair share of disappointment.

While i get both sides of the argument (look where we were x amount of years ago vs we’ve got quality players so should do better) I think you have to judge things on the ambitions of the club. We make noises about breaking in to the top 6 and eventually regularly challenging at the top so we therefore need to judge ourselves to those levels, imo.

It’s a bit like if Tyson Fury was to get knocked out in his warm up fight; would he be distraught or would he say “it’s ok, I was fighting in a leisure centre 7 years ago”.
Exactly this!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there in the 50s and there in the 80s and I had a season ticket the last season you could have one (last season). First game 66 years ago. If I want to criticise I will. And I would say the same for anybody who started going this year. Ridiculous idea that critical comment should be muted.

superwolves

Reaction score
I was there in the 50s and there in the 80s and I had a season ticket the last season you could have one (last season). First game 66 years ago. If I want to criticise I will. And I would say the same for anybody who started going this year. Ridiculous idea that critical comment should be muted.
For me it should be get behind your team and if you feel disappointed at that moment then say nothing. Everyone sees it how they see it

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would that all clubs, when successful, that generate 'new' fans will see, and have seen, an increase in impatience. This is likely due to the fact that the new fans have been drawn in by success and media hype/attention and so feel let down when things aren't going perfectly constantly.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah right, I see it now. The reason we spent about 20 seconds in the Leicester penalty area today was because the team were being "hindered by all the new fans". My stream must have been faulty as it didn't show all these new fans holding our players back, but it would definitely explain their general sluggishness.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite funny all this.

The majority of ‘negative’ posters, including myself, are deemed negative because we think our players are capable of playing better.

Essentially, you’re accusing some fans of being negative because we think we have good players.

Doesn’t really add up does it?

Does that actually mean those defending these performances are negative because they think that’s all we’re capable of?

Unfortunately blaming the fans is a common approach to avoid the actual debate and it’s an method taken by many on here, along with exaggerating.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will the new fans now watching wolves become a hinderence to our team. I know we've never had the most patient fanbase but surely anyone from the 4th 3rd division days watching wolves now are living in paradise. I cant imagine many of those would be all over social media sites putting down our team for a loss. I hope our new generation of fans can allow our team to continue to grow
I've supported Wolves for over 50 years and 'I'm not living in paradise' right now?! Most people of my age don't have anything to do with social media.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this thread is just going to be about who is the biggest superfan then I'll close it here because will just become a witch hunt to anyone that doesn't bow down and never speak a word against how the team is playing etc.

This is a forum discussing our team, some will be happy, others wont be, it's no different anywhere else or with any other fans.

If you wish to discuss without the nonsense then it'll stay open. Otherwise it will get closed.
Well said Bod. I know you Mods have a difficult job but I wish you would crack down on posters who just insult others for expressing a different view.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score

My fanship is bigger

D

Deleted member 11157

I would happily entertain a contextual wetter or contextual clapper any day of the week. There are times I've wet and regretted it when perhaps a moistening was more apt. Comments like ' relegation fodder ' or ' we need six new players ' are I am afraid (in terms of lucid and fruitful engagement) equivalent to that what happened between Clarice and Multiple Miggs. I find it hard to be overly concerned with anything related to a Nuno team when by contrast certain premier league outings (like beating Blackpool or Wigan) raised delight levels equivalent to that of having the circa 1978 Felicity Kendall sit on your face.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's 'new fans' that help grow the club, 'new fans' that Fosun is trying to attract, 'new fans' are children of established fans, 'new fans' that spend money on merchandise and the like.
We should be grateful that we are attracting sell-out gates of 30k plus and have a waiting list for season tickets etc... That is the very reason Fosun bought us and invested millions in top-quality players, not because we slumped to gates of 4 and 5 thousand 'die-hard' fans in the 1980s.
We should welcome these 'new fans' with open arms as they are the future of Wolves, not us older fans regardless of our length of 'service' or whether we once watched Wolves get beaten in the FA cup by Chorley.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow......what an arrogant, insulting thread.
There are new Wolves fans in this picture.......tell them to “go away”. Tell them they’re unwelcome . Go on, tell them they have to pass a social media test before they can buy a season ticket, a shirt etc . How bloody dare they jump for joy when Raul scores. Bloody newcomers.

“I hope our new generation of fans can allow our team to continue to grow”. Yeah, that was a huge worry in Fosun HQ when they were thinking of buying Wolves.....”what if new fans keep us down, what if they like our team?”

And who cares that the big clubs have massive fan bases, ( some are new fans btw), who are a huge help with the big wages for the superstars.? Wolves will get by with Kumbaya thoughts and Karma.

1604894847419.jpeg

Last edited:

superwolves

Reaction score
I've supported Wolves for over 50 years and 'I'm not living in paradise' right now?! Most people of my age don't have anything to do with social media
Did you think we would have won the league by now or finish top 4? Weve had 2 seasons in the league surely we should be better than man utd liverpool chelsea arsenal spurs man city by now. These teams are established clubs spending 60 million plus on players. What an achievement we continue to make to be competing with these teams. Well done I say that is living in paradise from where we dropped down to over the years

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Nobody, but nobody, has to justify their Wolves support to anyone else. We all started somewhere.
I hate the desire of groups of our fans to leap on other groups. No matter whether its been a good result, a bad result, or whatever has happened, some section will always use it to make themselves look bigger than the people who see things a different way. It doesn't work.

Trojmiasto

Groupie
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that when Wolves were promoted, you could group teams into three tiers: we should win that, we might get something there and we'd be lucky to get something there.

Man City last season is a good example, and at some point during the last two and a bit seasons, all of these teams have been turned over by Wolves at one point or another to the point where there are no 'we'd be lucky to get something there' games any more.

People are expecting results against everyone in every game because they've seen it happen before. That then balances out with disappointment when games don't go Wolves' way - previously, noone would care as long as Wolves were in it to compete. Now expectations are higher and there is a lack of patience given how much Nuno has achieved in the last three years, ultimately leading to both the new (and old) fanbase demanding more.

It's like a lot of things in life - people struggle to put things in context. Yes, it might be raining outside, but at least you've got a roof over your head, access to running water, heating and a sanitary system. Don't always see the last part though because of what you've come to expect.

Trojmiasto

Groupie
Reaction score
Nobody, but nobody, has to justify their Wolves support to anyone else. We all started somewhere.
I hate the desire of groups of our fans to leap on other groups. No matter whether its been a good result, a bad result, or whatever has happened, some section will always use it to make themselves look bigger than the people who see things a different way. It doesn't work.
Exactly - I thought the strength of the wolf was in the pack? What's the point if everyone turns on each other?

Trojmiasto

Groupie
Reaction score
Wow......what an arrogant, insulting thread.
For context, it rains more days in Vancouver than it doesn't.

The thread allows discussion - you've got a username like myself, so discuss (-: . I don't agree that it's simply the new fanbase that is demanding results or that isn't entitled to celebrate.

Ultimately, the more people that follow Wolves leads to more shirt sales, greater exposure to sponsorship and advertising revenue, leading to Jeff being a happy bunny and more money invested on the pitch. It's all about money at the end of the day.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incidentally, I became a new fan in the late eighties, around the time of the Sherpa Van trophy win.
Not because I was a glory hunter but because I was an impressionable young boy, who'd flitted from peer pressured big club to peer pressured successful club and didn't find the one that fitted or felt like it was the right one for me. Then something happened at that time and I was sold on what has now been the longest love of my life. Since then I've always been proud to be a Wolves fan and yes I can be a miserable cantankerous old sod when we've not done well, but that's just because it means so much to me to be a Wolves fan. Do I think fans who don't get all mardy after a defeat are any less passionate?...not at all, I actually envy them coz it can literally make or break a weekend for me. Anyway, I think obtaining new fans along the way is merely a sign of our success and also shows that the club is growing, which surely has to be a good thing.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've supported Wolves for over 50 years and 'I'm not living in paradise' right now?! Most people of my age don't have anything to do with social media.
And for that we are grateful mate ! ;)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tv and press all seem to feel we are a unadventurous. Look at the teams above us almost all have scored twice as many goals as us .
Our balance is very defensive. And that doesn’t get plaudits. Be you an old or a new fan.
We start with three attacking players the rest are all converted defenders

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely think we have a lot of fickle fans, whether we have more than other clubs I don't know as I don't support them but we definitely have a lot.

Under SJH he spent a lot of money and fans thought we would "do a Blackburn". Then he turned the tap off and despite gold tinted glasses we definitely had fans who turned on him.

Fosun walk in spend heavily, bring us players we thought we'd never see and our best manager in 40 years and now we lurch from week to week (depending on result) from champions league material to relegation material.

D

Deleted member 5635

Tv and press all seem to feel we are a unadventurous. Look at the teams above us almost all have scored twice as many goals as us .
Our balance is very defensive. And that doesn’t get plaudits. Be you an old or a new fan.
We start with three attacking players the rest are all converted defenders
Fans will point at our defensive record though to shoot you down whilst ignoring we’re just not adventurous enough to score many at all. Since being in the prem I bet we are probably towards the top for goals conceded but bottom for goals scored.

superwolves

Reaction score
The point of the thread was made out of whether the next generation of fans could become a hinderence to allow the club to grow by quickly turning on there team after not seeing what they wanted. By that I meant could it prevent potential signings wanting to come to us. Could it go from the keyboard to out on the terraces? You see arsenal fans quickly boo there team when things aren't going as planned. Is this going to become the norm with a new generation of supporter? I've always thought getting behind a team will provide better results but is that the old fashioned way now?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point of the thread was made out of whether the next generation of fans could become a hinderence to allow the club to grow by quickly turning on there team after not seeing what they wanted. By that I meant could it prevent potential signings wanting to come to us. Could it go from the keyboard to out on the terraces? You see arsenal fans quickly boo there team when things aren't going as planned. Is this going to become the norm with a new generation of supporter? I've always thought getting behind a team will provide better results but is that the old fashioned way now?
Haha, ridiculous.

Wolves fans have always been impatient, don't try and pretend it's a new thing.

It's also a positive, it's better to be demanding.

This is a forum to discuss things. When we lose and have two shots on target, criticism is justified.

Back
Top Bottom