Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New England Kits

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, what does everybody think of the new England kits?

Personally I think they're terrible, I'm not sure how they manage it, but every time you think the national kit can't get any worse, or more boring, some clown at Nike manages to lower the bar again!

White shirt and shorts with red socks? Red shirts and shorts, but with blue socks for the away kit?

What happened to good old white shirt, blue shorts white socks for the home kit, along with red shirt, white shorts and red socks for the away kit? And a shirt with a collar!

Maybe I'm just getting too old?

E

Essex Wolf

It's called making money Deak77 and sadly too many people will waste money on it. I won't be one of them.

U

Ulfhednar

I like that it's fitted. I hate the blue tint. Wtf, are we Scotland all of a sudden? Or in fact France? We've been Franced. When did the blue go from Royal to French? I hate the fancy assed people at the top in design, who live lives of ridiculous privilege and assumed coolness, but are totally disconnected and contrived.

This is why I should be in charge of things.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for trying new kit styles and am not a traditionalist in that sense (for example I loved our kit with the black sleeves) but the England kits, particularly the home one, are hideous.

Plymouth Wolf

Reaction score
Awful! And that fitted style will look just great on the 20 stone holidaymaker in Majorca!!

It does surprise me how often kit manufacturers, (especially with Wolves), can get it so wrong! Do they not research what the supporters want!

and £60 a throw!

D

Deleted member 4309

I will buy one when it's a tenner in sports direct.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All Nike England shirts have been way worse than the umbro years.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
I think the new USA ones might have these beat in the crap department:

nike_new_mnt_kit.0.jpg

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
i don't get the light blue, i know its just a tint of the normal darker blue but it just makes it reminiscent of Argentina. Had those blue areas been the dark blue it would make some vague sense.

i still like this one...

emlyn.png

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely crap, I hate the fitted look too...maybe I'm still stuck in the days of the happy Mondays, or the gut has got bigger.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
for those who havent seen the england kit -

3432750.jpg

3432749.jpg

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
no i know why they didnt make the blue the darker blue of the crest.

Haha, but the socks would have been different! :)

Nike must have been preoccupied with something else.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why the gopping blue bits,thought the English flag was Red and White.

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Why the gopping blue bits,thought the English flag was Red and White.

I can't get my head around that either. Never understood having blue in the kit, apart from on the badge. Don't like this one and I usually defend the England kits.

M

MonkeySpanner

I just can't believe the England kit is made by an American company.

D

Deleted member 4099

Horrendous ,retro only for me. Looking for an old umbro one on eBay at the moment.

W

WasStefan

I like them. Not sure about the opposite colour socks though.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Will they do a loose fit for Rooney and the England fans?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
No doubt some fashion guru has come up with this using rainbow thinking
The white strip should have had white socks with red tops(if they wanted to be different) and the red strip should have red socks with white tops.
Simple is best.

D

DigZeeDean

Damn those are pretty awful there have been worse but I think these are in contention.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apparently the red socks are channeling the kit used from 84 when we played at the Maracana. That ideology would have been fine before the Brazil World Cup, now though? I'm at a loss, ESPECIALLY as it's coming up to the 50th Anniversary of us winning the World Cup.

I'm a traditionalist and these shirts are $$$$ing sacrilege in my opinion. Nike can sod off.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like them. Not sure about the opposite colour socks though.

I actually like them too. Would have prefered blue shorts, but like the different coloured sleeves and like the red socks. Didn't think i would like the Wolves kit from last season with black sleeves but that has been our best shirt for years, and I'm a traditionalist!

I've just got fed up of the boring all white England strip that just kept getting recycled every two years and is now so akin with 'tournament failures' written all over it. At least it's different.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don't get the light blue, i know its just a tint of the normal darker blue but it just makes it reminiscent of Argentina. Had those blue areas been the dark blue it would make some vague sense.

i still like this one...

emlyn.png

thats my favourite too

1982 World Cup and all that...and some Argentinian exploits too but that's another story

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I don't think they are too bad, to be honest. Seen a lot worse throughout the last few years.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Nike have bought in template kits for National teams now. Way to go Nike!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just looks like a training kit to me, red socks are Scottish as well. Not really that bothered as you won't see me wearing a polyester top down the pub this summer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deltawolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Wow, what a surprise, Molineux Mixers disliking and grumbling about something. This time its the new England kit. Personally I think its a brave move to try a different style and quite like it when its seen on the players.

Back
Top Bottom