Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Fraser

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in Oxfordshire and when I was a kid in the 80s, I was the only Wolves fan to be seen.
I remember when living in West London going up to see the Wolves playing Oxford United, late '80s/early '90s. I couldn't get into the away end so ended up buying a ticket for the home end and staying very quiet. Indeed when Oxford went 1 up the home end was suspiciously quiet. I think it was Dennison got the equaliser, the home end erupted. It rocked for the remainder of the match, for the Wolves.
4 of us in Bulgaria, we are growing
Great news. When I lived in Sofia I was aware of one local lad who supported the Wolves. Hopefully the supporters of the Wolves there continues to grow. UTW

Reaction score
I remember when living in West London going up to see the Wolves playing Oxford United, late '80s/early '90s. I couldn't get into the away end so ended up buying a ticket for the home end and staying very quiet. Indeed when Oxford went 1 up the home end was suspiciously quiet. I think it was Dennison got the equaliser, the home end erupted. It rocked for the remainder of the match, for the Wolves.

Great news. When I lived in Sofia I was aware of one local lad who supported the Wolves. Hopefully the supporters of the Wolves there continues to grow. UTW
You had better luck than me! I grew up in Oxford and still have nightmares from the 4-0 defeat at the Manor Ground that my family and I had to sit through from the home end when I was about 10.

My most unexpected Wolves supporter encounter was when I was in the heart of Western Uganda with work, miles from anywhere and the cook at the small restaurant we stopped at recognised my shirt and said he was a fan too (he'd been fond of Jimenez and his love of Wolves stemmed from there).

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
I was a massive Arsenal fan when I was younger, because I liked their players, support for an actual team doesn't develop till your age is at least double digits imo.
Not always - Went to my first game as a 4 year old - got bitten by the Wolves then. Next season will be my 60th season my first match was 1964 wolves 1 - Northampton 0 - waggy scored . Watched the game from my uncle's shoulders in the Cowshed - just remember the noise and thought I like this. Been through some bad times but I have never wavered always kept going even in the darkest of days.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not always - Went to my first game as a 4 year old - got bitten by the Wolves then. Next season will be my 60th season my first match was 1964 wolves 1 - Northampton 0 - waggy scored . Watched the game from my uncle's shoulders in the Cowshed - just remember the noise and thought I like this. Been through some bad times but I have never wavered always kept going even in the darkest of days.
You and l (first game age 4) both albeit my first game was 1967. In the Cowshed and l was hooked lol....

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are saying a midfielder doesn’t need to have as much athleticism as a forward
No disrespect but that is nonense
Compare the miles a midfielder runs to a forward along with the number of tackles and challenges
Different kind of athleticism. One’s cranking out the KMs, the other need to be able to switch on the afterburners four of five times a game. Middle distance runner v a sprinter. Also depends if the forward is expected to press a lot.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score

Yes maybe my good friend Pavel

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not getting on the young lads back here as I've supported and seen Nathan many times in the U23's in the past..

As someone else has already said on here he looked totally out of his depth in today's game against championship defenders..

Not because of lack of effort either but imho Nathan like Fabio Silva lacks that burst of speed you need in the Premier League to become a top striker.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary desperately needed a striker on loan in January, even shipping out two to facilitate it; he didn't get one. Now, we have to bring on an 18 year old academy kid to replaced a 19 year old one. Don't blame Fraser, he's giving 100%. Blame Teflon Jeff.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Fraser never is and never will be a top flight footballer. His lack of pace is embarrassing. He will be at Crewe or Walsall in 2 years time. Not his fault just not good enough

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not blaming fraser - he's young and inexperienced. However, he really struggled today and I've not yet understood what type of player he'll be.

I'd have RAN or even Doc up front in our circumstances tbh.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not blaming fraser - he's young and inexperienced. However, he really struggled today and I've not yet understood what type of player he'll be.

I'd have RAN or even Doc up front in our circumstances tbh.
Doc? You have to be kidding after his pathetic "performance" today. As much use as a third hand condom....

Agreed re Fraser though.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard on him in the last two games and doesn’t get any criticism from me. Funnily enough, I remember us having similar conversations when Silva was thrust into the first team because there were no other options. Suppose at a cost of £35m (not his fault), you expect Silva to contribute, but can make allowances for academy graduates…

I thought Chiwome added a little bit of something when he came on, but if these two are our options, with Sarabia suspended thanks to petulance, then the Villa game looks like attack V defence - I don’t want to think about how that goes with our cb currently.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard on him in the last two games and doesn’t get any criticism from me. Funnily enough, I remember us having similar conversations when Silva was thrust into the first team because there were no other options. Suppose at a cost of £35m (not his fault), you expect Silva to contribute, but can make allowances for academy graduates…

I thought Chiwome added a little bit of something when he came on, but if these two are our options, with Sarabia suspended thanks to petulance, then the Villa game looks like attack V defence - I don’t want to think about how that goes with our cb currently.
Sarabia will be suspended for our next FA Cup won’t he not the next league game??

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I got told I was talking nonsense a couple of months ago but I'll repeat it, he's just not physically ready yet. Not his fault, and his physicality will come as he gets older and stronger but right now, he needs to be playing with the kids and developing his game

For what it's worth I thought Chiwome looked more ready in terms of physicality when he came on

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sarabia isn't suspended, cut off for five yellows was December and if it's competition specific then we need not worry about that either

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally out of his depth( not his fault). Floundering around at this level won't help his development either.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel sorry for Fraser, like I did with Silva when he got thrown in. The comparisons between the 2 players are fair tbh. If anything Silva is more mobile than Fraser but both look well out of their depth at this level. If I'm honest from the little I've seen of Fraser I'm not sure he'll ever be a Prem level player. He needs a good long loan spell in the Champs/Lg 1 and see where that takes him.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Should never have had to start today. Like so many on here, I feel very sorry for him. I don't think he'll ever make it here but I am not mad with him at all.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiwome is more mobile. Definitely helps when you’re so inexperienced.
Yea, the lack of mobility of Fraser is really evident and such a shame. Eventually he will learn to play in a way to get around it but it’s going to hold him back for a good few years at a higher level.

Andi130

Reaction score
Never enough pace to be a prem forward, and defo isn't attuned to play in a two. You dont want to write anyone off. especially a kid, but you can see the level.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never enough pace to be a prem forward
It certainly won't help further his career but it isn't a given that you need pace to be a quality PL striker - Harry Kane springs to mind as maybe the best contemporary example.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
He'll learn from today - perhaps the occasion was too much for him.

Haven't watched him much before (apart from the last few games) but one thing I noticed was the he seemed to really struggle in competing for headers / timing his jumps etc. Simms for Coventry showed just competing / being a nuisance in these scenarios causes panic in the other teams defence. Something I'm sure which he will work on with the coaches.

His lack of mobility is a problem in the way that we currently play, but that doesn't mean it should hold him back in terms of his own career in the long run.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You lot were praising 'the human kindness' of sending sasa to frankfurt. We have to look after our own end first and not allow anyone to leave without a replacement. Frankfurt played him for 90 minutes each time instead of more tentatively, and it was too much for him.

Sasa has been bigging up frankfurt and how 'important' they made him feel. His heart isn't with Wolves and doesn't want to play for us. Pay him off using the proceeds of chiquinho, cundle and hodge sales and bring in someone who wants to play for us.

Fabio also should not have gone out without a replacement. I think fabio would have offered more movement today than fraser and has that 100 games experience.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simms for Coventry showed just competing / being a nuisance in these scenarios causes panic in the other teams defence.
Certainly in ours!

Ellis Simms looks a decent Championship striker - 9 goals in 2000 minutes (say 20 games) this season.

Not a bad record - for a Championship striker.

But he's a cowing CHAMPIONSHIP striker, who our PREMIER LEAGUE central defenders should eat up and spit out.

Only they couldn't, and didn't :(

Back
Top Bottom