Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Fraser

Madmalc

Reaction score
Hello all mixers,

When I read reports like this:
Nathan Fraser names the two Wolves stars that are really helping him in training
I can’t help wondering if we've turned a corner.

Compare the way we've treated Nathan to the way we've treated those who came before.

To name just 2, Morgan Gibbs White and Fabio Silva.

Too answer that, is Nathan Fraser our 4th choice centre forward or our third choice?

Another example, we supplied a Club captain to the Blues in the Championship for peanuts, in the last transfer window.

Has the penny finally dropped?

What do you think?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fraser should have gone on loan regular minutes in senior football would be better for him.
I agree to a point, but I don’t think loans are always right with younger strikers and attacking players under 20, if you have international standard players in their position to learn from day in and day out during such a key stage in their development.

Who is to say he starts every week at his loan club? Also, what are the standards of the strikers he is with?

Give him this year with us, scoring regularly for the u21’s so he keeps used to the habit of scoring, then review it again next season to level up his development.

Reaction score
fraser should have gone on loan regular minutes in senior football would be better for him.
I think if we get a striker in the January window, we will see him go out on loan at that point. It was too big a risk to send him in the summer window given we had Sasa still on the road to recovery from injury and Fabio still unproven at this level.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think next season would be better. I don’t think a loan is always a guarantee to improve a player, especially at his age and in the lower leagues. He is a big lad but I’d much rather him improve with the first team this season and find him the right move next year.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree to a point, but I don’t think loans are always right with younger strikers and attacking players under 20, if you have international standard players in their position to learn from day in and day out during such a key stage in their development.

Who is to say he starts every week at his loan club? Also, what are the standards of the strikers he is with?

Give him this year with us, scoring regularly for the u21’s so he keeps used to the habit of scoring, then review it again next season to level up his development.
I’d agree with this. I think a lot of clubs like to keep their best youth talents around the first team nowadays so they can control their development and get them first team ready.

bigwolf

Reaction score
There shouldn't be anywhere near the same hype as MGW and Fabio as both were completely different level at youth pedigree.

Agreed.

The new McAlinden ha.

Good luck to the kid and hope he goes on to do wonderful things.

But anyone who believes he will go on to be a premier league striker are in cuckoo land. The chances that he make it are miniscule at best.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.

The new McAlinden ha.

Good luck to the kid and hope he goes on to do wonderful things.

But anyone who believes he will go on to be a premier league striker are in cuckoo land. The chances that he make it are miniscule at best.
You’re feeling positive today then lol

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but to be fair I think he would have gone had we got a striker when we didn't , we had to keep him......there are also a few games next 2 months.. Sherpa cup , the international premier cup that he can play it which will help him.......I think January we may get a striker which will give Fraser a 6 month loan...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Make no mistake, if we’d signed a striker, Fraser would be out on loan.

Training with the first team will be great for him but tbh, a lot of the kids already do, so he’s now getting that for a extra few sessions per week but now getting less match time

He won’t play regularly for the u21s a) because he’s beyond that b) because Chiwome and Ethan McLeod need game time

I’m hoping he gets a move in January

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Make no mistake, if we’d signed a striker, Fraser would be out on loan.

Training with the first team will be great for him but tbh, a lot of the kids already do, so he’s now getting that for a extra few sessions per week but now getting less match time

He won’t play regularly for the u21s a) because he’s beyond that b) because Chiwome and Ethan McLeod need game time

I’m hoping he gets a move in January
We will never see how good he can be if we don't give him an opportunity

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will never see how good he can be if we don't give him an opportunity

100% agree, and I'd love to see him play. Would he get ahead of Cunha, Hwang, Silva and big Sasa right now? I'm not sure, therefore I would have preferred him to go out on loan for 6 months or so, play regularly and then come back stronger and more prepared. The best of both if you like

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compare the way we've treated Nathan to the way we've treated those who came before.

I can't imagine either of those two didn't have the support of the senior pro's at the time when they got into the first team dressing room.

MGW decided he didn't want to be here, just as the club we looking to build around him.

Silva was given the loan move(s) he wanted last season and now has been given the opportunity to show he can kick on, it's up to him to take it.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent prospect but did nothing against Ipswich. Miles off influencing games in the Prem for us.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent prospect but did nothing against Ipswich. Miles off influencing games in the Prem for us.
Neither did Fabio apart from being a human version of a care bear and hugging everyone…..

but Fraser has scored in the Johnstons paint against notts county, scored in the first round of the Caraboa and also in pre-season.

He has more senior goals than Fabio this season all in all, so we don’t lose anything for giving him a go over Fabio right now as Fabio is miles off influencing a prem game currently.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we sign a striker in January, then a half season loan to a decent Champ club who are short of a striker, would be good for him. If he does well there, then reassess next summer where he sits in our striker pecking order alongside the Korean Guy, Sasa, Fabio, and whoever we’ve signed in January. As it stands, he can’t be far off competing with Fabio, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him overtake him if he continues to develop as he has so far.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Neither did Fabio apart from being a human version of a care bear and hugging everyone…..

but Fraser has scored in the Johnstons paint against notts county, scored in the first round of the Caraboa and also in pre-season.

He has more senior goals than Fabio this season all in all, so we don’t lose anything for giving him a go over Fabio right now as Fabio is miles off influencing a prem game currently.
Fabio maybe be sold. It's just not working out for us is it.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we sign a striker in January, then a half season loan to a decent Champ club who are short of a striker, would be good for him. If he does well there, then reassess next summer where he sits in our striker pecking order alongside the Korean Guy, Sasa, Fabio, and whoever we’ve signed in January. As it stands, he can’t be far off competing with Fabio, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him overtake him if he continues to develop as he has so far.
If Sasa remains fit and Cunha is still first choice as a central striker I’m not so sure I expect a striker signing in January.
Not that that would stop Fraser from going out on loan.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
If Sasa remains fit and Cunha is still first choice as a central striker I’m not so sure I expect a striker signing in January.
Not that that would stop Fraser from going out on loan.
Antonio
Inheanacho
Taremi
Welbeck
Sheraldo Becker

All coming to the end of their current deals. Cut price deals available in January.

Would we make another move for Dia?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should try the Korean Guy more centrally…..

swap him and cunha around and I recon we score more! Hwang has a natural instinct for movement in the box and getting into those much under valued and slagged off “simple tap in” positions than any other player in the squad.

But also we probably see the better of both players

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think he is getting a championship club and starting anywhere....he is 18.......league 1 probably or even league 2......it's not a slant on him....it's just where he is at this moment in time....which is understandable as he has only just dipped his toe at under 21 level in all honesty......

Probably go to Shrewsbury as was originally intended...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hello all mixers,

When I read reports like this:
Nathan Fraser names the two Wolves stars that are really helping him in training
I can’t help wondering if we've turned a corner.

Too answer that, is Nathan Fraser our 4th choice centre forward or our third choice?

Another example, we supplied a Club captain to the Blues in the Championship for peanuts, in the last transfer window.

Has the penny finally dropped?

What do you think?
How has he been treated any differently to Silva or MGW? I’m missing your point, are you saying the latter were treated poorly compared to Fraser?? If so, they weren’t.

As for Sanderson was it peanut’s in reality? Take away the “local lad” bit and he’s every inch the championship defender he is. He was way off the first team and at an age he needed to go and play football. He wasn’t challenging the first team defenders in the slightest.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How has he been treated any differently to Silva or MGW? I’m missing your point, are you saying the latter were treated poorly compared to Fraser?? If so, they weren’t.

As for Sanderson was it peanut’s in reality? Take away the “local lad” bit and he’s every inch the championship defender he is. He was way off the first team and at an age he needed to go and play football. He wasn’t challenging the first team defenders in the slightest.

Think this is a fair analysis on Sanderson. Could go on to be top defender, certainly still time as central defenders can peak a little later than other positions.

But he was nowhere near our first team, and not currently near the level of Toti, Dawson or Kilman (and I assume he’s behind the international standard Mosquera too).

Even if he goes on to be a PL defender in the future I don’t think we can be too critical that it didn’t work out at Wolves.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this is a fair analysis on Sanderson. Could go on to be top defender, certainly still time as central defenders can peak a little later than other positions.

But he was nowhere near our first team, and not currently near the level of Toti, Dawson or Kilman (and I assume he’s behind the international standard Mosquera too).

Even if he goes on to be a PL defender in the future I don’t think we can be too critical that it didn’t work out at Wolves.
It’s a two sided coin, I imagine he was desperate to go, why would he sit here behind the three you mention plus Santi Bueno and as you say behind Mosquera as well. From a club point of view there’s also Lonwijk, Hubner and Pond who are all much younger and (personally speaking) I think they have a higher ceiling.

He reminds me of Danny Batth, he’s every inch a championship defender (which is no bad thing) but I can’t see him ever playing in the premier league, though I’d be delighted if he proved me wrong.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Harsh on Sanderson… he had 2 good games in the Asia cup.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s doing well at Blues in all fairness. My blues supporting colleague who is a STH has him down as somewhere between Sol Campbell and Bobby Moore!
Well, I would have said that they are over reacting etc, but recently blue noses were ridiculed for waxing lyrical about another local lad....and he isnt doing too bad at present

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't imagine either of those two didn't have the support of the senior pro's at the time when they got into the first team dressing room.

MGW decided he didn't want to be here, just as the club we looking to build around him.

Silva was given the loan move(s) he wanted last season and now has been given the opportunity to show he can kick on, it's up to him to take it.
Thanks for that, pretty much exactly what I was going to put. Great minds eh....;)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I would have said that they are over reacting etc, but recently blue noses were ridiculed for waxing lyrical about another local lad....and he isnt doing too bad at present
I wouldn’t quite compare the two in all fairness. There was a massive buzz in youth football about Jude when he was about 13.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have said before that we have done a miserable job with younger talent in recent times.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Y

You can say it but you’d be massively wrong

You think?

You could argue the very best undeveloped youngsters we have had at Wolves in recent times are Goncalves, Vitinha and MGW in terms of actually going on to fulfil potential and each of them wanted out.

You could add very promising, highly rated youngsters Silva, Ait-Nouri, Vinagre and even Otasowie as wanting to leave.

On the flip side Kilman and Neto have been plusses.

But as I said, not a great track record in recent times

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think?

You could argue the very best undeveloped youngsters we have had at Wolves in recent times are Goncalves, Vitinha and MGW in terms of actually going on to fulfil potential and each of them wanted out.

You could add very promising, highly rated youngsters Silva, Ait-Nouri, Vinagre and even Otasowie as wanting to leave.

On the flip side Kilman and Neto have been plusses.

But as I said, not a great track record in recent times
Jota and Neves were both 20 when they arrived and we developed them into the players they are today.

Gibbs white we made an incredible amount of money on a player who showed it about twice in a wolves shirt. £3 million on Ottasowie who’s played a handful of senior games. £5 million for Ryan Giles who can’t get a start in a woeful Luton team.

Toti Gomes was a boy when he came, what’s he worth now? Lembiska and Cundle playing weekly in the championship.

Plenty to knock wolves over but our recruitment of young players is well above average, both ones we buy and ones come through (the academy is now way more than self sustaining). We’re actually attractive to young foreign kids as they can see the progress in their careers in coming to us. It’s how we attract players like Joao Gomes and Bouba Traore despite them having other offers

Just because Fabio has been a failure (so far) he’s the exception not the rule

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not sure I understand the point.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota and Neves were both 20 when they arrived and we developed them into the players they are today.

Gibbs white we made an incredible amount of money on a player who showed it about twice in a wolves shirt. £3 million on Ottasowie who’s played a handful of senior games. £5 million for Ryan Giles who can’t get a start in a woeful Luton team.

Toti Gomes was a boy when he came, what’s he worth now? Lembiska and Cundle playing weekly in the championship.

Plenty to knock wolves over but our recruitment of young players is well above average, both ones we buy and ones come through (the academy is now way more than self sustaining). We’re actually attractive to young foreign kids as they can see the progress in their careers in coming to us. It’s how we attract players like Joao Gomes and Bouba Traore despite them having other offers

Just because Fabio has been a failure (so far) he’s the exception not the rule

Jota and Neves were already proven quantities with games under their belt.

Back
Top Bottom