Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Fraser

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well last night every time he had a battle with a defender he lost it, so I'd say he's nowhere near having his man strength yet regardless of his height and weight (which in no way determine it)
I didntthink that was the case to be fair. I was surprised that he seemed to win every header…we all see it differently I suppose

Rowzed

Reaction score
He had three shots, all on target, there was a ball into feet when he was in the middle of the penalty area in front of the North Bank in Extra Time, and he managed to flick it round the corner, it was easily saved, but then 3 shots, one goal, one great block, one save, all on target.

Poch would be happy if Broja managed that in 45 minutes, and we would we crying out to sign a player who did that to us. Of course he isn’t ‘ready’ to lead the line - something which let’s not forget Fabio found himself doing at the same age when Raul was injured.

But we aren’t going to carry 3 number 9’s and whatever GON says neither Cunha or Bellegarde could be considered a 9, nor Hwang. So maybe a loan with an option at the end of January to strengthen the squad with Fraser to play cameos and learn his trade. I think he has the enthusiasm, character and style of play to thrive at Wolves and he doesn’t need a loan if he has one of the best coaches around who rates him and will encourage him.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Although his goal was well taken, he seems to take his time to shoot, which did cost him on the second chance. A few games and a bit of confidence will help him take them quicker

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get him out of club... he grew up a vile fan!

Although he says the right things about playing at Wolves since 8 years old rectifying that unfortunate part of his life! :p

Seriously though, I'm a fan. Big lad, reasonably mobile and will run the hard yards for team but is decent on the ball and knows where the goal is. I don't think he's at an age where a loan is needed yet, if we commit to giving him enough minutes even if we get a 9 that's still fine. He's only 18 so 6 more months and looking at a full season loan next year isn't going to stall him. But I will trust the decision the club makles.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Leave it up to GON to decide.

GON has only been here for 20 premier league games and has already given two under 23 academy players a first team debut. It's pleasant to see.

So far GONs faith in under 23s has been rewarded, long may that continue, when needed.

What's best for Nathan Fraser will take some careful decisions.

Let's hope the right decisions are made.

I have to rate a young player that takes his chances when given them, I also thought it telling that GON mentioned Fraser had been injured and unable to train much, but was still brought on when we were 2-1 down. Watching that interview again I get the impression GON would have given him more minutes in other matches already had he been fit.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get him out of club... he grew up a vile fan!

Although he says the right things about playing at Wolves since 8 years old rectifying that unfortunate part of his life! :p

Seriously though, I'm a fan. Big lad, reasonably mobile and will run the hard yards for team but is decent on the ball and knows where the goal is. I don't think he's at an age where a loan is needed yet, if we commit to giving him enough minutes even if we get a 9 that's still fine. He's only 18 so 6 more months and looking at a full season loan next year isn't going to stall him. But I will trust the decision the club makles.
Jeez definitely blotted his copybook for me with the Villa thing( what the **** is all that about)
I wanted to keep him this season but he can go on loan now not a problem

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez definitely blotted his copybook for me with the Villa thing( what the **** is all that about)
I wanted to keep him this season but he can go on loan now not a problem
Seriously it bothers you who players supported as a lad?
Probably 80% of our players werent Wolves supporters as kids or even now for that matter

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a very good feeling about this kid. Sounds like he has a great attitude and in 105 mins on the pitch so far has made things happen. Fingers crossed. Would love to see a kid from down the road banging them in for us for years.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes....but we are bit short overall.....and we need to remember hwang can be a bit brittle..... remember hopefully we will be at it on 2 fronts...

We have to seriously consider playing 4 forwards as well at some stage. If that's the way GON wants to go longer term, then we will have a good window of opportunity to try it out towards the end of the season.

I think there are times where any 4 of a new striker, Neto, Hwang, Cunha, Sarabia, Bellegarde and Fraser could all play together, with Toti at left back to balance things out a bit. So having 7 players for 4 spots fits well.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the thought in that, my only concern would be as 3rd choice would he get enough game time
If we are serious about him being the big talent from the academy, I'd think he benefits from getting in tune with his team mates and how Wolves want to play than going out to side that's going to lump it. Fabio and Sasa didn't work because they don't fit GON's system, Fraser (didn't see, but going off those who went) looked to have fit far more comfortably than the other two.

Call it more gut feeling, some players are just ready to be a first team member, others need the loans, I just think Fraser is one of those where his skillset would be better suited to learning from professionals and integrating them than going to dog and duck on loan 'to play with men', because if he is going to be that next tier of Wolves academy graduate (aka a Premier League player) then I think he learns far more from staying here and how to work with a higher calibre of defender than he does dropping down the leagues.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously it bothers you who players supported as a lad?
Probably 80% of our players werent Wolves supporters as kids or even now for that matter
I was a massive Arsenal fan when I was younger, because I liked their players, support for an actual team doesn't develop till your age is at least double digits imo.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are serious about him being the big talent from the academy, I'd think he benefits from getting in tune with his team mates and how Wolves want to play than going out to side that's going to lump it. Fabio and Sasa didn't work because they don't fit GON's system, Fraser (didn't see, but going off those who went) looked to have fit far more comfortably than the other two.

Call it more gut feeling, some players are just ready to be a first team member, others need the loans, I just think Fraser is one of those where his skillset would be better suited to learning from professionals and integrating them than going to dog and duck on loan 'to play with men', because if he is going to be that next tier of Wolves academy graduate (aka a Premier League player) then I think he learns far more from staying here and how to work with a higher calibre of defender than he does dropping down the leagues.
I agree with all of that. I’ve watched him a lot in the under 23s over the last two seasons and he stands out.

It’s a balancing act and one I’d back the coaching staff on as ultimately they see far more than we do. There are pro’s and con’s to staying or going on loan. If he was more of a Neto type forward who was all pace and skill I’d definitely be pushing for him to stay. He’s more of a traditional forward which involves him competing more physically and I think (personally) those types need more game time, more getting used to the physicality of mens football. If you watch him in age group football he absolutely won’t bully defenders in senior football like he does.

mroli74

Reaction score

I think that you are doing our loans team a disservice here. I believe a lot of work goes into making sure players go where they will hopefully play, they will play in a team that plays football the "right" way and where the environment will suit and assist their continued development. As others have said, you can't replicate game intensity in training or sitting on a bench watching. There are plenty of teams that get over 20k crowds in the Championship - hell a couple do that in league one. I think Sunderland get close to 40k which is unbelievable. There are plenty of decent players and international players in the lower leagues - MGW did well out of loans.

As you say, there is more than one pathway to being a top prem first team player, but we are really fortunate in this country to have quality lower leagues (and non-league) teams. I go to Wycombe a bit as it is close, cheap(er) and easy (all WWFC right?!) and it is enjoyable. I hope Chem goes well there. The likes of Vokes and McLeary will teach him a lot I'm sure.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in Oxfordshire and when I was a kid in the 80s, I was the only Wolves fan to be seen. Now when I take my boy to football training - I see a fair smattering of the club logo around. Its really nice to see.
I live in Hertfordshire now. I took my two boys to football training after school. Full Wolves kit. There was another boy there in a Wolves shirt. Teacher was from West Bromwich and was horrified.

mroli74

Reaction score
I live in Hertfordshire now. I took my two boys to football training after school. Full Wolves kit. There was another boy there in a Wolves shirt. Teacher was from West Bromwich and was horrified.
Just walked past a bloke fixing the drain from Thames Water - Wolves fan. Made up that we've got the FA Cup derby game and has stuck £20 on us!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a nudge about this kid some years ago and called it on here - don't want to put too much pressure on him, as I know the people around him and they are keeping him on a level footing - but I am delighted to see him in and around the first team.

Back
Top Bottom