Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MOTD Tonight

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
seeing the Jimenez miss I'm not saying it was good but it wasn't as bad as I'd imagined from radio commentary, on WM they practically said he's missed an open goal, he had the goalie coming out towards him so even if he'd connected it wasn't a guaranteed goal

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
seeing the Jimenez miss I'm not saying it was good but it wasn't as bad as I'd imagined from radio commentary, on WM they practically said he's missed an open goal, he had the goalie coming out towards him so even if he'd connected it wasn't a guaranteed goal
It wasn’t far off. It’s one that wakes you up at 3a.m. In a cold sweat.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shearer was fulsome in his praise, but in his analysis of how poor West Ham were was absolutely spot on. Strange no one picked up creswell's gbh on Doc. A red card all day long and 7 days a week. Early days but my forecast of a top 10 finish is on track.

Reaction score
My mates from work Gwyn and Ieun on match of the day game header. Top lads home and away.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they nailed it, West Ham were poor but we had endeavour, Ruben battling till the last second to win the ball back shows what huge determination Nuno has instilled in this squad, Traore busting to get onto leaving a hapless Cresswell behind. Jimenez was a rock upfront but he missed an absolute sitter, but it didn't knock him and he just carried on. We really are a work in progress and when we click, my word.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watching live I thought it looked bad but seeing it agin he gets a shoulder barge on his way through from their no.4 Balbuena and it’s enough to unbalance his feet

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shearer was fulsome in his praise, but in his analysis of how poor West Ham were was absolutely spot on. Strange no one picked up creswell's gbh on Doc. A red card all day long and 7 days a week. Early days but my forecast of a top 10 finish is on track.
It was noted on our tv feed as a definite red, straight forearm to the jaw.
Comm also pointed out a defender hand ball just outside of the penalty area, not given.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
My thinking also. The way it was described was as the 'miss of the century.' It wasn't.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Cresswell. Dirty bloody ex-Tranmere scouser piece of **** fouling scum. Got it out of my system now.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It was pretty bad (IMO) tripped over his own feet
Agreed, but was it literally a contender for one of the worst misses ever? We have all seen strikers literally scoop shots over when the ball was almost over the line. This was nothing like that.

madwolf

Reaction score
Agree mate, it was a bad miss but far from an open goal from 2/3 yards out that was being reported on here and by the press !

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has signed real quality for us with Patricio, mouhino, jimenez and traore adding significanty today. Last years players are finding their feet although jota and costa seem to be taking a little longer to find last season's level at the moment. Nuno will be working on that though.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you watch the miss, just before a Hammers player drags his shirt (Just outside the box) which i personally think throws him off balance..
Look at it and see what you think.

D

Deleted member 3751

Just seen Arnautovic's interview on MOTD, inspirational! If that's the attitude of their star player now they're in serious trouble

D

Deleted member 3751

If you watch the miss, just before a Hammers player drags his shirt (Just outside the box) which i personally think throws him off balance..
Look at it and see what you think.

It did throw him off balance, think he still had enough time to steady himself and finish. Love Jimenez, think he's a great player but it was a bad miss. He's always getting chances though, should've stayed onside last week, could have had two today, I'd still back him for 12-15 for the season

Horsham Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just saw MOTD. Costa looked fine, still not sure about Jota though.
Nuno has signed real quality for us with Patricio, mouhino, jimenez and traore adding significanty today. Last years players are finding their feet although jota and costa seem to be taking a little longer to find last season's level at the moment. Nuno will be working on that though.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I respect your views always BSK, but we don’t have the goals for top 10

Think we’re 3rd lowest in the league for shots on target

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We really need a 20 goal striker. Nuno has really messed up there, why didn't we go for Vardy? If we've got all this Chinese money why didn't we chuck £30m on him for the guaranteed goals?

It really cost us last season not signing a 20 goal striker, oh wait... :rolleyes:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Shearer has fell in love with us its great to hear and credit to Lineker who also gave us plenty of praise
Lineker is just jumping on the bandwagon a few weeks late. He has not got a clue.

Shearer has always been far more knowledgeable about the game.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Nice to hear the comments tbf, wouldn't disagree with anything they said. Respect their opinions on us more than the West Ham fans, who still seem to be saying "we should be beating the likes of Wolves at home".

What was good was that they did say we deserved the win, it would have been easy for Shearer to say "well Wolves only won because West Ham were so poor", but he still gave us credit for a good performance.

D

Deleted member 3751

Joint 12th for shots on target (14th on alphabetical order), joint 2nd for hit woodwork, 9th for total shots and joint 5th for big chances missed having missed six (can't find the stat I'd really like - which is big chances created), three of the four who have missed more big chances than us are Man City, Spurs and Liverpool so it's fair to say we're creating. The stats for us last season weren't overly impressive compared to other teams until you came to big chances created, where we wiped the floor with everyone and it initially appears we're doing similar this season.

I think as we grow into the league we'll become more clinical and start taking more chances, Jimenez probably never does what he did yesterday again and on another day walks away with two goals. Even then, every shooting stat at the moment as well as league position - although obviously it's early days - points to a comfortable mid-table finish with every chance of top half.

Worry ye not ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Southbank Ebanks

Didn’t feel the need to create a new thread but just watching the palace game and does anyone no the story behind their ‘ultras’ no longer being in the corner behind the goal? Noticeably quieter than last season.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t feel the need to create a new thread but just watching the palace game and does anyone no the story behind their ‘ultras’ no longer being in the corner behind the goal? Noticeably quieter than last season.

I think it’s something to do with them wanting to move more centrally but the club wouldn’t accommodate it so in all the time it took they were displaced from where they were last season.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joint 12th for shots on target (14th on alphabetical order), joint 2nd for hit woodwork, 9th for total shots and joint 5th for big chances missed having missed six (can't find the stat I'd really like - which is big chances created), three of the four who have missed more big chances than us are Man City, Spurs and Liverpool so it's fair to say we're creating. The stats for us last season weren't overly impressive compared to other teams until you came to big chances created, where we wiped the floor with everyone and it initially appears we're doing similar this season.

I think as we grow into the league we'll become more clinical and start taking more chances, Jimenez probably never does what he did yesterday again and on another day walks away with two goals. Even then, every shooting stat at the moment (as well as league position - although obviously it's early days - points to a comfortable mid-table finish with every chance of top half.

Worry ye not ;)
You beat me to it! We're not a team like Fulham who have shot after shot. Surely we should all be used to Nuno's patient build up approach by now?

When you look at it yesterday we had at least four clear cut opportunities to score, away from home. Same story at Leicester. That should always be good enough to get at least one, and we have a defence who will always back themselves to keep a clean sheet.

madwolf

Reaction score
Why is it some fans criticize Nuno’s approach ? This is our system, a slow patient approach with precise passes and movement. We are creating chances and as the season progresses we will get much better. We are only 4 games in the season and have 5 points. We are comfortable in this League and do not look out of place and as Shearer said we are here to stay. But we are not going to win the League and play Champions League next year. Fans need to be realistic. How many teams have a 20 goal striker in the Prem ? We play some great football and yes in an ideal world we would love a proven goal scorer at this level but it is not going to happen yet. Remember this is a project, lets walk before we can run.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Shearer has fell in love with us its great to hear and credit to Lineker who also gave us plenty of praise

Wasn’t Shearer very complimentary when we knocked them out of the cup a few years ago? It was the game where knobhead Bellamy was pointing to his premier league badge.

L

Lupu

Agreed. He smacked him in the face. Almost elbow.

K

KiwiWolf

Why is it some fans criticize Nuno’s approach ? This is our system, a slow patient approach with precise passes and movement. We are creating chances and as the season progresses we will get much better. We are only 4 games in the season and have 5 points. We are comfortable in this League and do not look out of place and as Shearer said we are here to stay. But we are not going to win the League and play Champions League next year. Fans need to be realistic. How many teams have a 20 goal striker in the Prem ? We play some great football and yes in an ideal world we would love a proven goal scorer at this level but it is not going to happen yet. Remember this is a project, lets walk before we can run.
A post so sensible it completely contradicts your name! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

E

E is for idiot.

Come on WWM, admit it. You're worried Nuno will finish higher than Mick did!

Only messing. I think you may have a point to a degree, our overall defensive strength should keep us in good stead I think. As our defenders get used to the league more and more I can only see us getting harder to score against. If we don't leak goals, we will keep on picking up points.

S

Snarlingwolf

Watching live I thought it looked bad but seeing it agin he gets a shoulder barge on his way through from their no.4 Balbuena and it’s enough to unbalance his feet

Whilst not wishing to make an excuse for Raul missing that chance, that tug back/“block” with an arm by the defender to break his run into the area must have had an effect on/ distracted him from his timing of judging the cross.

Also, as someone has already pointed out, it is sometimes very difficult to hit a ball accurately first time with the right foot on target when the cross is coming in from the right........the timing has to be spot on, of course.

I really like Raul as our striker:- he works his socks off and is not afraid to hit the ball first time when a chance arrives......a bit reminiscent of a certain other striker who used to play in the gold & black.

Raul is still young and learning, so I hope our crowd remain patient with him.

I sincerely hope he develops into our 20 goal a season striker. :):cool:

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t Shearer very complimentary when we knocked them out of the cup a few years ago? It was the game where knobhead Bellamy was pointing to his premier league badge.
I don't know mate but he probably did as if its a good performance he usually gives it credit

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lineker is just jumping on the bandwagon a few weeks late. He has not got a clue.

Shearer has always been far more knowledgeable about the game.
Anyone that gives us credit deserves a mention no matter what people think of them

Back
Top Bottom