Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno on MGW

"He's an important player for me, my dynamic and the future. He feels important, he is happy. When you have this connection between manager and player, everything is good. He is fit and motivated (for Leeds)." #wwfc

via Liam Keen

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any doubt that he’s going to improve our starting 11, which is more than can be said for any signing we’ve made over the last few windows!
Hoping you're wrong, mate (Collins)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any doubt that he’s going to improve our starting 11, which is more than can be said for any signing we’ve made over the last few windows!
That’s not totally true though is it mate, I would say Jose Sa has had and will have a bigger impact on our starting 11 than Morgan has/will have and he signed last summer

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£35 million rejected. £25 million up front and £10 million in add ons.
Many years ago my local non league team transferred a player to a 3rd division club with a substantial add once he'd played, say 40, league games. After his 39th game he was transferred for a hefty fee to a 1st Division side. Went on to play for his country many time latterly as Captain. We got nothing more.
I never trust add on's.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest are seriously annoying me now. Maybe we should start making bids for Johnson?
Same here Jos. I didnt mind them when they won promotion, glad they came up. But starting to hope it all backfires for them now, like Fulham a couple of year’s ago.

frustrating players are happily joining them while our squad depth is as bad as its ever been… one day before our first match of a new season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping MGW is now the player we've been waiting for , esp alongside Neto and Podence but the fear is that this could end up like Traore where we did not get top, top dollar and are left with a player who no-one wants? This really is silly money for MGW but the hope has to be he will start to produce like Phil Foden and justify the Club's faith in him.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many years ago my local non league team transferred a player to a 3rd division club with a substantial add once he'd played, say 40, league games. After his 39th game he was transferred for a hefty fee to a 1st Division side. Went on to play for his country many time latterly as Captain. We got nothing more.
I never trust add on's.
Agree. I would be happy for our club to agree to an add on knowing that if the player reaches that condition we have made a good buy. Similarly if we sell with an add on for the buying club we have lost a player usually worth more than the total amount.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the fans will, I think many more than a minority will see he is trying things and what he is doing is to try and help a team that struggles to score goals do exactly the opposite and create chances in one of the best leagues in the world.

De bruyne has bad passing % because his job is to try the audacious and risky to try and create chances and I think his role/remit is to try and be that guy for us.

All depends how the team is doing. Fancy inventive flicks look great when you’re 2-0 up.... but the moans and groans will soon come out if were 1-0 down at home to Fulham and he’s giving the ball away.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest are seriously annoying me now. Maybe we should start making bids for Johnson?

Here as well.
I'd lots of sympathy for them and was happy they went up, but I'm already starting to hope they go straight back down.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't even think he should play tomorrow to be honest, if Ornstein is right, and as the best journalist around you have to believe him.

We've done more than enough for MGW overall. He was rightly annoyed at the way Nuno recalled him and didn't play him, even if it was hardly crime of the century.

However, he won't even talk to us about a contract? A club he has been at since he was a kid - all for Nottingham Forest. Fair enough, go. We've already got a fair fee on the table so take it.

Start Chem Campbell tomorrow. Obviously nowhere near as good as MGW right now but let's not reduce ourselves to playing someone who is effectively pushing to go to Forest.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends how the team is doing. Fancy inventive flicks look great when you’re 2-0 up.... but the moans and groans will soon come out if were 1-0 down at home to Fulham and he’s giving the ball away.
Very true….

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I have been told this by mates and connections I have who work at different levels from physios up to commercial leaders at 6 different premier league clubs first hand…. These are based on conversations and emails…

Of course you have mate. I keep reading about how fantastic you are and how well you’re connected, (you seem to claim all sorts when your posts are challenged) yet I don’t think once you’ve got a good word for Wolves as a club or the way they operate.
So Billy big balls, does anyone say anything complimentary to you about the club you’re supposed to support? Do you even defend the club when these ‘professionals’ are telling you how **** we are?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Ornstein says MGW has told us he will not even discuss a new contract.

"Gibbs-White’s representatives are thought to have told club they will not even discuss a new contract, which has disappointed Wolves."

Get rid

I've been told the contract details have basically been agreed but he won't sign anything till he starts getting the minutes he's been told he'll get.

Sounds like he's heard a part of that and spinned it to create a story. Just wants to play football games and enjoy it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been told the contract details have basically been agreed but he won't sign anything till he starts getting the minutes he's been told he'll get.

Sounds like he's heard a part of that and spinned it to create a story. Just wants to play football games and enjoy it
Fair enough. I hope you understand why I believe David Ornstein over Dan G WWFC though, even though I hope you're right.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't even think he should play tomorrow to be honest, if Ornstein is right, and as the best journalist around you have to believe him.

We've done more than enough for MGW overall. He was rightly annoyed at the way Nuno recalled him and didn't play him, even if it was hardly crime of the century.

However, he won't even talk to us about a contract? A club he has been at since he was a kid - all for Nottingham Forest. Fair enough, go. We've already got a fair fee on the table so take it.

Start Chem Campbell tomorrow. Obviously nowhere near as good as MGW right now but let's not reduce ourselves to playing someone who is effectively pushing to go to Forest.
No way is he pushing, he wont talk about a contract because i wouldnt not until a couple of months into the season.. if we revert to back 5 and he starts being in rotation on the wing id be off..

Stick to the 4.. get some goals and assists a positive wolves position by xmas, he will sign

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sounds very much like the Salah contact situation at Liverpool. Wanted to consider all his options before committing to a new deal.

I don’t understand people hanging MGW out to dry off the back of some journalists opinion. I swear some people just want to be negative for the sake of it.

Bruno has literally just said in his press conference that he has a really good relationship with him and that he’s ‘motivated and ready’ to play against Leeds tomorrow

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course you have mate. I keep reading about how fantastic you are and how well you’re connected, (you seem to claim all sorts when your posts are challenged) yet I don’t think once you’ve got a good word for Wolves as a club or the way they operate.
So Billy big balls, does anyone say anything complimentary to you about the club you’re supposed to support? Do you even defend the club when these ‘professionals’ are telling you how **** we are?
Why are you allowed to challenge apparent ITK comments like this when it's negative.

Yet even suggest a positive ITK might be talking rubbish and you get absolute pelters.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Okay we get it that you dont like him but unless you know something that the rest of us dont you cannot say that he has not even been in talks with the club.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way is he pushing, he wont talk about a contract because i wouldnt not until a couple of months into the season.. if we revert to back 5 and he starts being in rotation on the wing id be off..

Stick to the 4.. get some goals and assists a positive wolves position by xmas, he will sign
Unfortunately I think that's fantasy land. They literally couldn't have done any more over pre-season to show MGW he will be key to this team. If he doesn't know that now he never will.

We can't take the risk either to wait until Xmas.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
No idea of the truth in all this, but if silly money is being offered for a player who is reluctant to sign a contract then:
1. Would be mad to not consider
2. Should look at what contract we are offering and ask if best we can do.
3. If he is demanding more than we think he is worth, then MUST sell while market price is so high for an UNPROVEN Prem player.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds very much like the Salah contact situation at Liverpool. Wanted to consider all his options before committing to a new deal.

I don’t understand people hanging MGW out to dry off the back of some journalists opinion. I swear some people just want to be negative for the sake of it.

Bruno has literally just said in his press conference that he has a really good relationship with him and that he’s ‘motivated and ready’ to play against Leeds tomorrow

I wouldn't be surprised if his agents are trying to get wolves to up the money involved. It's how football works. Everyone is trying to squeeze that extra bit out.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay we get it that you dont like him but unless you know something that the rest of us dont you cannot say that he has not even been in talks with the club.
I do like him. I think he's class and was singing his praises at Sheffield United last season when many were sceptical.

Did you miss the bit in italic and bold? I'm saying he's not been in talks with the club because Ornstein has said he's not even prepared to discuss a new contract with us.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it so obvious he should not play due to him "pushing for a move to Forest", why will Lage start him tomorrow?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it so obvious he should not play due to him "pushing for a move to Forest", why will Lage start him tomorrow?
Because the alternative is an academy lad.

He might also have a different opinion to me. He may not be bothered that MGW (seemingly) wants to go. I am. I'd rather us not play a player who (seemingly) doesn't want to be here.

If you don't care or Lage doesn't care, fair enough, your opinion.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A) no alternatives available?
B) to showcase him?
C) because MGW's a professional who gets paid squillions to kick a ball about?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not claiming to be better than anyone, as I said people know more than me as they are connected to players and agents and even said this on a few occasions these people
Know way more about our club than me….. a fact and statement I have made a few times.

I am not fantastic, as I said I lost my job in football and haven’t managed to get another since, something else I have very happily owned up to….. I also admitted I worked at league one level, not higher as I wasn’t good enough to….. that would suggest I don’t think I am fantastic, just sharing an insight based on my former work. I know of two clubs that slagged me off something fierce behind my back in their internal coms, but we’re lovely to my face when ever we crossed paths.

In regards to challenging me by calling me billy big balls, (your big and clever clearly) and asking if I hear good things. I said a few weeks ago that we have a number of players on a number of clubs shopping lists and higher than you might think….. but hey I suppose it easier to focus on my more negative posts about wolves which again i admit are more fequent than positive ones.

And yes from doing my job I made connections, as any person who does work that crosses over with other people and organisations do. I am not ashamed to have been likeable enough to make friends in the area I worked in….. we tolerable Lol

I am simply sharing information I know about other clubs as I have again admitted I know no-one at wolves anymore and haven’t for about 6 years so only share what I have about us from the people I do know.

If the little I do know and shared upsets you so much, like the ITK’s who gave up sharing ITK info about transfers I will cut back on sharing anecdotes I hear about wolves. No skin off my nose chap.

I have complimented the club a few times on here, like Bruno for example. I think he is doing and done a great job with the constraints he has to operate within but at the moment I feel those above him are getting a lot more wrong than they get right currently.

My negative opinions doesn’t make me less of a fan, fandom doesn’t dictate undying unquestioned devotion, we aren’t a cult…… things and performances don’t improve if only positive views are Shared

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves sell him for less than £50M, the fans should organise a demo by Mr Tikka at the Fulham game.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In your head he "seemingly" wants to go. It might be he wants to see how the first month or two goes and then happily sign a deal if he is featuring.
I'm guessing this is a reply to my earlier post (if not, apologies). Yes, you're right to highlight my use of "seemingly" - because we have no clear evidence.

I just think that, given the preseason involvement he's had, coupled with Lage's comments, it's surprising that he won't even discuss the proposed new contract (allegedly)

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are you allowed to challenge apparent ITK comments like this when it's negative.

Yet even suggest a positive ITK might be talking rubbish and you get absolute pelters.
99.9% of ITK info is complete balls and should be treated as such. There has only been one Heron. If you are genuinely ITK, stick your neck out, say what's going to happen. And take the adoration when it comes to fruition. Otherwise, **** off you charlatan. Stop dangling vague nonsense and getting off on everyone tickling your bits.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In your head he "seemingly" wants to go. It might be he wants to see how the first month or two goes and then happily sign a deal if he is featuring.
It's not 'in my head'. It's a journalist saying he won't even discuss a new contract. Maybe I'm giving Ornstein too much credit but that's where I'm basing my view on.

Yes, it might be that he'll suddenly change his mind in a few months but that's a ridiculously naive view IMO.

You know how football works. You should know Forest have been dealing with his agent all summer. So it's logical to presume they've had encouragement.

I also think it's ridiculous to even question if he will feature. He quite clearly will and Wolves have done everything possible to show him in pre-season that he will be a key member this season.

We'll see anyway, won't we.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to say, massive props to Liam Keen.

Finger on the pulse, getting info on the matters the fans are talking about. Top job
Absolutely agree. I've been really impressed with his first year in the job.

35 for MGW is mad money....if we could find a suitable replacement pronto, I'd be all for it.

I hate the idea of the club being held to ransom by someone who has scored one premier League goal

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. I've been really impressed with his first year in the job.

35 for MGW is mad money....if we could find a suitable replacement pronto, I'd be all for it.

I hate the idea of the club being held to ransom by someone who has scored one premier League goal

If the was zero chance he'll sign a deal he would've already been sold

Back
Top Bottom