Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The oracle that is Alex Crook on Talksport.... plenty of talk re Coady, nothing re MGW

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The oracle that is Alex Crook on Talksport.... plenty of talk re Coady, nothing re MGW

Because they are really only interested in the established PL clubs, even if they are rubbish like Everton they still have a media darling manager.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Just had the shock of all shocks,put SSN on, first thing I see scrolling along the bottom, Transfer news. Neto to have medical, had to do a double take but luckily Bournemouth have signed Neto a Barcelona keeper.

Dread to think if it was our Pedro.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had the shock of all shocks,put SSN on, first thing I see scrolling along the bottom, Transfer news. Neto to have medical, had to do a double take but luckily Bournemouth have signed Neto a Barcelona keeper.

I'm not sure Bournemouth could even afford his laces!

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Wait to the Jan or next summer transfer window for that one.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not bothered about the money, whether we'll get more selling him now , next year, 5 years etc.

His value is in what he can contribute on the pitch. In a team as poor as we've been at creating chances, if MGW can be directly involved in the creation of 7 or 8 goals next season - that is his value. He's an intelligent, fast thinking player whose first instinct is to get forward. He's got great vision, his main problem being that he doesn't (yet) have the ability to make what he's trying always work. Hence the criticism of flicks that don't come off. Also, depends on other players being similarly forward-looking, which in a team programmed for organisation like ours, isn't always a given.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing fact about what he will be worth. He could well be crap the next 5 months and drop to 10m value.

All this hell be worth 60m *******s in the 3 years. One of the greatest midfielders we've ever had in our team still can't fetch 60m.

Fair point...
However I'd say that an AM/winger usually are valued highter than a DM. Even as good as Neves is, these sort of players are rarely sold for 60M, where a more attacking player is.
But of course there's always a risk when keeping a player, that his value might drop, especially with a contract running out. Adama is a pretty good example of somebody we should've sold earlier.
My point was simply that 30M seems a lot, due to what MGW can contribute now, but due to his age and nationality, and potential, there's a good chance that he might be worth more in a few years.
But yes, he could obviously also be worth less...

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much have forest spent this summer??

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you lot think of any players markedly better than gibbs white for 35 million?

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can you lot think of any players markedly better than gibbs white for 35 million?
Think it is now becoming an issue of Ego for the Forest owner. He apparently has personally taken over handling this transfer, so I don’t think he will back down. He has shown himself to be desperate which is one of the worst things to do when negotiating.

I think we could push him higher than 35 million as his Pride takes over from his common sense. If MGW has a strong start to the season then we can push it even more.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Is that generous owners, or spunking all their PL money in one go as a massive gamble?
A bit of both. Forest fans can see the ambition and bravery of their club, making a big fist of it, however good, bad or ugly it turns out.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it is now becoming an issue of Ego for the Forest owner. He apparently has personally taken over handling this transfer, so I don’t think he will back down. He has shown himself to be desperate which is one of the worst things to do when negotiating.
Is someone keeping an eye on the Dudley Street Greggs?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t wait to log back on in 2 months time when we’re all calling him a show pony who’s living off that one performance against Chelsea
I don’t think the fans will, I think many more than a minority will see he is trying things and what he is doing is to try and help a team that struggles to score goals do exactly the opposite and create chances in one of the best leagues in the world.

De bruyne has bad passing % because his job is to try the audacious and risky to try and create chances and I think his role/remit is to try and be that guy for us.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Ornstein says MGW has told us he will not even discuss a new contract.

"Gibbs-White’s representatives are thought to have told club they will not even discuss a new contract, which has disappointed Wolves."

Get rid

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

"Gibbs-White’s representatives are thought to have told club they will not even discuss a new contract, which has disappointed Wolves."

Get rid
From what I remember he wanted to see how he was used over the early part of the season before committing and that he is happy to stay but just wants to make sure he won’t sign and then get frozen out again, which is very sensible

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £10m of add ons must have been pretty unachievable , champions league qualification or Morgan scoring 30 goals!

Got to think they’d want to cash in for a straight 35. Unless we really believe he can develop to be worth double that and will sign a new contract.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we don't know how good he is. Evidence to date of his PL performances is that he's really not that good.

I acknowledge his tremendous Championship season, but he still has a lot to prove - though as an aside, I think he will end up a good PL performer

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I remember he wanted to see how he was used over the early part of the season before committing and that he is happy to stay but just wants to make sure he won’t sign and then get frozen out again, which is very sensible
If you believe that you're crazy IMO.

He's starting tomorrow. He's played in all the pre-season games. He's been given the captaincy. We've changed the formation to primarily benefit him which will result in our club captain and modern day legend leaving.

Pretending you're not sure whether your part of the manager plans is ridiculous. He clearly would be.

And he won't even discuss a contract with us. Haha.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Get rid
Yeah pretty obvious he wants to go tbh and even if does stay beyond this summer he is more likely to run down his contract than sign a new one...

Get a replacement IN FIRST(!!!) then move him on if he doesn't want to be here.

What a shame really.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we don't know how good he is. Evidence to date of his PL performances is that he's really not that good.

I acknowledge his tremendous Championship season, but he still has a lot to prove - though as an aside, I think he will end up a good PL performer

I don’t think there’s any doubt that he’s going to improve our starting 11, which is more than can be said for any signing we’ve made over the last few windows!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Club told he won’t even discuss new contract (2024)" according to Ornstein.

Big problem for the club. Is this potentially Adama all over again?

Back
Top Bottom