Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you not bored of Wolves playing safe all the time? Give me a few players who try stuff and lose it any day of the week.

Dull as dishwater since we sold Adama. Morgan will have a real go at attacking teams and playing through balls, flicks round the corner etc.

Used to have this argument in the Adama thread all the time but the amount of people that seem to demand perfection from every player, perfect accuracy of passing, goals, assists etc. but can’t wrap their head around the fact they support Wolves and not Man City.
Giving the ball away gives opportunity to the opposition. I understand you want to be excited but the best way to do that is having a cohesive attack that can actually pass the ball to each other at speed. We used to have it with Raul and Jota (who also gave it away too much) but the reality is that this is professional footy and players have a responsibility to keep the ball.

Sure, there is a time for risk but it has to be built on solid defence.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to happen, isn't it?

We sign Collins and almost instantly accept a bid for MGW.

Don't do it to us Jeff!

Yep. Do not sell MGW. Interesting Bruno apparently played him in a three man midfield on Saturday as the more advanced attacking player in a 433 formation, first half. MGW to be a big player for us this season. His quality and improvement is obvious after what I saw of him at Sheff Utd and the recent England u21 games. Will enable us to play 433 far more effectively.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you not bored of Wolves playing safe all the time? Give me a few players who try stuff and lose it any day of the week.

Dull as dishwater since we sold Adama. Morgan will have a real go at attacking teams and playing through balls, flicks round the corner etc.

Used to have this argument in the Adama thread all the time but the amount of people that seem to demand perfection from every player, perfect accuracy of passing, goals, assists etc. but can’t wrap their head around the fact they support Wolves and not Man City.

Totally agree. Bored of the safety first dull as dishwater style of play. Time for some more expansive football this season and the likes of MGW will help us in this. I'd be all for keeping Adama as well.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Most of molineux have a nose bleed when podence tries a trick and it doesn't come off.
Then moan when we pass it sideways.

They are the types shouting shoot when the ball breaks to one of our players outside the box despite us having ridiculously bad long shot numbers.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he stays, I’m curious to see how he does with a proper run in the team.

At the same though, 30m, what the actual ****.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he stays, I’m curious to see how he does with a proper run in the team.

At the same though, 30m, what the actual ****.

Yeah, it's a real conundrum! That's a lot of money and arguably allows us to buy players with a better pedigree or higher ceiling.

Doesn't £30m of income effectively give us more than £30m to spend too?

As in, incoming fees go on the books straight away, but if for example Collins signs a 5 year contract, for a total of £24m, it would only equate to £4.8m in the accounts for this year, excluding wages.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a real conundrum! That's a lot of money and arguably allows us to buy players with a better pedigree or higher ceiling.

Doesn't £30m of income effectively give us more than £30m to spend too?

As in, incoming fees go on the books straight away, but if for example Collins signs a 5 year contract, for a total of £24m, it would only equate to £4.8m in the accounts for this year, excluding wages.
It does if, like MGW, you have little/no book value as he's an academy product.

As long as the player isn't out of contract they will have a book value equal to the value of the transfer fee that hasn't yet been amortised.

You would need to subtract this from any incoming transfer fee to get the actual profit.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasnt signed a contract he doesnt have anything about wolves in his socials (was plastered with SU when he was there) it does seem maybe he wants out.

Guess its an assumption, will only know if we see pics on him going out to spain.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, I've been frothing at the mouth since we sent him out on loan last season and I'll be shouting for the managers head on a plate if we sell him on this season. Best young talent to come through our academy in over a decade and we release him without ever seeing what an excellent player he is. If it does happen I guess it clears the decks for the 'fans/manager' to turn on Cundle or whoever next comes through from the Academy.
We reportedly want to keep him and have offered a contract extension.

Reports - true or otherwise - are that he wants out.

Don't want unhappy players at the club.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£25-£30m offers for him shows that a number of clubs think he’s worth around that. I’m not sure we should be letting players like him go only to have to replace them weeks later.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£25-£30m offers for him shows that a number of clubs think he’s worth around that. I’m not sure we should be letting players like him go only to have to replace them weeks later.

I wouldn't rely on Everton's opinion of the value of any player.

In the past, they've thought the following players were in a similar price bracket:

Davy Klaassen
Ben Godfrey
Yannick Bolasie
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Alex Iwobi
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A quick Google and it's a book with 4 simple "laws" to help you set and maintain good habits.
Well we can't say he isn't trying
Have to say I'm impressed by that.
Lets hope he lends it to Neto when he has finished. He seemed to be carrying a bag of sweets.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s possible the Collins money was in the kitty from profits made.
However any more spending will likely have to be funded by sales.
I’d be very surprised if someone in the £20m or more bracket isn’t sold, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom