Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still can't get my head round how much we got for him!
As a Championship player that's his level. Sheffield United supporters wanted him to be signed.
As a Premiership player, very limited. Missed a sitter v Fulham and ballooned it over bar.
Don't expect him to get much better than he already is.
Won't be Missed. V good deal selling him now.
Flatters to deceive.
His decision to leave. No intention to sign our contract on offer.
He'll start well and begin to fade and end up bench warming.
Too inconsistent.
Won't pull up any trees.
Good luck Morgan. Hope you don't regret the move !!
Glad it's finally been sorted.
You sound very bitter about him. It was Wolves that sold him because they wanted to. If a club want to sell a player then that player knows he is not wanted what is he to do. He cant regret a decision that was made that he had little choice in.
So the rest of what you say though is just speculation and hoping he will fail. So how will you feel if he goes on to become a top player?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
from E&S

In addition, Wolves will receive a cash injection if Forest avoid relegation from the Premier League this season. In total, surviving relegation and completing the appearance add-ons will give Wolves an addition £10million. It is also understood that some of the more unlikely add-ons include Forest making Europe.

Is that really so unlikely, we managed it? They have a free season with loads of investment before FFP kicks in, and they have no other distractions.
Seeing the mess West Ham are in again having to play these silly nothing matches so early in the season puts them at a disadvantage to clubs like us and Forest.
So does anyone still believe we will get 45m for him? By the sound of it we will be lucky to get the extra 10.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So does anyone still believe we will get 45m for him? By the sound of it we will be lucky to get the extra 10.

Lucky to get the extra 10? Appearances and Forest not getting relegated? Hmmm I don’t think that requires “luck” at all, and likely why the deal was widely reported to be 35m + addons initially.

To get the extra tier of addons to take the deal over 40m, some of which require Forest to qualify for Europe, perhaps more of a struggle I admit. But we did it ourselves, so it’s not impossible.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky to get the extra 10? Appearances and Forest not getting relegated? Hmmm I don’t think that requires “luck” at all, and likely why the deal was widely reported to be 35m + addons initially.

To get the extra tier of addons to take the deal over 40m, some of which require Forest to qualify for Europe, perhaps more of a struggle I admit. But we did it ourselves, so it’s not impossible.
Although they have bought so many players many still feel they are among the favourites to be relegated.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although they have bought so many players many still feel they are among the favourites to be relegated.

We were one of the favourites when we were promoted as well. Not saying they won’t get relegated, but I think many people remember what happened to Fulham when they bought loads of players and assume the same will happen. It might, but it’s also possible that they may do ok.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This would be the same Nottingham Forest that came 3rd in the Second division in 76/77 ( only promted because Wolves won at Bolton) then won the league the following season, then won the European cup in the next two seasons......
Stranger things have happened!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would be the same Nottingham Forest that came 3rd in the Second division in 76/77 ( only promted because Wolves won at Bolton) then won the league the following season, then won the European cup in the next two seasons......
Stranger things have happened!
Maybe if they can find the ghost of Brian Clough. Dem days are not here today.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
To be fair I am pretty sure Forest will be relegated and there will be no add ons and so the total cost with be the 25 million guarantee. And that may make more sense to you.
I suspect there will be add ons even if they are relegated if he plays. He seems to be doing pretty well for them so far, good luck to him (as long as they finish below us).

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was interestiing.....consistency and possession.

One player who let Cooper down under the lights at the City Ground last night was Morgan Gibbs-White, who despite offering decent set-pieces – with two leading to goals in the last two games – was found wanting for work rate. That is something Cooper must address if Forest are to have any chance of retaining their top-flight status.

The 22-year-old attacker – who was hailed a “free spirit” by former Sheffield United team-mate David McGoldrick – lost possession of the ball with every 1.9 touches, failed in 100% of his dribble attempts, lost 75% of his duels and only completed 14 accurate passes (out of 29) over his entire 90-minute performance. Luckily, Cooper has many options to fill the position that Gibbs-White occupies, so giving the player some competition for his place should put him on the right path to improving the quality of his game. Hopefully it will inspire him to look after the ball better, because his reckless misplaced passes and constant loss of possession is a hindrance to the team.

W

WasStefan

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggled against a team that let’s be honest is probably still Championship quality. Crazy price they paid. Just a shame most of those add ons won’t be realised.
Well, let’s see how he averages out over the season…….

or not, as he‘s no longer a Wolves player..

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest fans happy with him.

No consolation for us here, if that was the purpose of bumping this !!

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought he's looked good when ever I've watched forest (although only watched briefly)...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest fans happy with him.

No consolation for us here, if that was the purpose of bumping this !!

I thought he's looked good when ever I've watched forest (although only watched briefly)...
The Forest fans I work with are happy with him too. (Haven’t spoken to them since Friday though)

He always had quality but my concerns were over attitude and work ethic. By attitude I don’t mean a bad egg, just his ability to really knuckle down when needed… perhaps the above report from Friday night supports that.

Hope he develops though, he’s an ex wolf and it’ll potentially help our finances also

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Forest fans I work with are happy with him too. (Haven’t spoken to them since Friday though)

He always had quality but my concerns were over attitude and work ethic. By attitude I don’t mean a bad egg, just his ability to really knuckle down when needed… perhaps the above report from Friday night supports that.

Hope he develops though, he’s an ex wolf and it’ll potentially help our finances also
Yeah, I think he might have a tendency to go missing when things arent going his teams way - although that might just be down to what he provides - e.g. clever flicks, runs and passes in and around the final 3rd... Potentially a bit of a luxury if you're in a relegation scrap...

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Still think he would have added something we’re very much missing in that final 3rd.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think he would have added something we’re very much missing in that final 3rd.

Definitely, particularly if we end up ditching Moutinho and playing just Nunes and Neves in the middle.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was never his biggest fan but he’s not a bad player……and that’s it really, he is just (and I think always will be), an okay player.
Nothing more, nothing less.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a great deal for him never really rated him for the Prem if we want to be a top 10 team .

Mind you there's a few we have at the moment I am doubting but that's hopefully down to poor management. Or we will be heading to the champ.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He won’t have half the career Guedes has ahead or indeed will have.
I’m not sure that’s true.

MGW is a very high potential player, I’m convinced he will play for England. Guedes has had a decent career so far, but hasn’t looked like he has much to offer here yet.

Hopefully he will settle in better over the international break.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MGW is a very high potential player, I’m convinced he will play for England. Guedes has had a decent career so far, but hasn’t looked like he has much to offer here yet.

He’s also 22 now and needs to start being more than potential. MGW needs to start showing he’s capable rather than just potential soon, he’s 23 in January and has done little of note outside of the championship.

He’s 3 years younger than Guedes, has played 10 times for the U21’s and scored once.

Guedes made his debut for Portugal at 18, he’s scored 5 in 12 for the U21’s and 7 in 32 for the main team. He scored the winner in the nations league against Netherlands.

MGW has scored 12 in the championship and once in the PL. Guedes has scored 5 in Portugal and 28 times in Spain.

I like MGW, it’s a shame he hasn’t stayed and become the player I hope he can be here but he’s got a fair way to go just to match Guedes to date let alone show himself to be better in the long run.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think MGW is half the player Grealish is, and I don’t rate him that highly.
Guedes hasn’t had a chance due to a totally inept manager!

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom