Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Milijas

Reaction score
Probably the most over rated player ever.
A high end championship player, how the hell can you justify 25m-42m he has had a good game or two for us. See stuff on social media saying this will come back to haunt us.. no it won't, he might bag 3 goals for forest as they finish in the bottom 6. Absolute crap. Probably a better played in Connor Ronan to be fair.
Sum him up by missing from 6 yards the other day in pretty much an open goal.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know he had no intention to sign it at the moment. That doesn't mean no intention to stay at wolves.

See my earlier post - it was always the right career move not to sign that contract.
Maybe. Only time will tell.

However, play that game and the club is quite within its rights to seek value back for all the previous investment made in the player.

It's business.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW made his own decision by refusing to sign the contract we offered him. Had to be sold this window really.

There is a clear agenda against him by some people, but he hasnt asked to leave, he wanted time to assess his situation. Totally different from all this "engineering a move "nonsense i keep seeing. The club saw things differently and wanted him to sign now. They clearly didnt want him to go either but they obviously had a deal in mind they would accept and they took it. It was sensible and the right thing for us to do.

However people dress it up, Morgan was looking after his best interests, the club was looking after their best interests and at this moment in time they didnt line up. I reality, they were both doing the same thing. We made the decision to sell him though, he didnt ask for the move. I find it hard to see what either party has done wrong on this occasion.

Never really particulary rated him but i did want to see how he went this season. Hope he has a good career.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think that we got the better end of the deal and that Forest have overpaid but equally I'd have been gutted if we had sold him and not then spent the money. On the face of it I think we have made a huge upgrade.
Personally I wish MGW well for the future and I hope he goes on to have a very good career - except against us of course! I can fully understand that he is happy to rejoin a manager who obviously thinks the sun literally shines out of his backside. I do wonder how long Cooper will last at Forest though. He has spent mega bucks and I still think that they will struggle.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder how long Cooper will last at Forest though. He has spent mega bucks and I still think that they will struggle
Depends on the owner, I guess, who seems to be a bit of a 'character' ;)

Evidence is that Cooper's a good coach so if he gets the boot he'll be back in work quickly.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much chatter about his situation .
But on the pitch I saw nothing to warrant he should stay with us .And his temperament made me uneasy and his play was frustrating. So I feel no sense of loss at all. I just hope he was treated fairly for his sake
I thought he's been one of our weakest players throughout pre-season and our first couple of games. I don't think we'll lose much.
We have aspirations to be in europe. He isn't going to meet those aspirations.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would only make sense if he stayed here.

How has it been the right career move? He has left a club that has recorded three top ten finishes in four years, where he has played every minute of the season under a manager who constantly talks about him to join a newly-promoted club where he will play most minutes under a manager who loves him.

At best, if we're generous, it's a sidewards move.

Yet, if you work on the basis that MGW wants to play at the highest level possible, he has gone from a mid-table side with two years on his deal (great opportunity to get a move within a year), to a mid-table side (at best) with five years on his deal. It's going to take in excess of £60m to sign MGW from Forest next year for a top club, so it's not going to happen.

Your point would only be valid if he stayed at Wolves to assess his options. He didn't.

He moved for the money, which is his prerogative, but it's quite incredible that people are not seeing it, in my opinion.

Things don't have to make sense though. Sometimes things have no meaning or apparent justification but they happen anyway...it's a quirk of human pyschology that we need to feel that we're getting a fresh start even if it makes no rational sense to an analytical human being (ala Brexit), but it happens anyway
He obviously moved because he just wanted to, when he could have played Wolves off against a Forest/Everton contract offer and asked Wolves to match the money on a 5yr deal, but he didn't want to even entertain it.

There is method behind it though.
There has been obvious friction with the club over how he was treated....few games, then dropped, a sub appearance, disappear, reappear, few games, then dropped...months out of the team at a time etc. He never nailed down a place in a team that needed somebody with his style because he wasn't up to the top standard required.
We have to face the facts that his best football form and consistency has been when he's got away from Wolves and played every week, firstly at Swansea and then at Sheffield albeit at a poorer standard. We pulled him back from a season loan at Swansea after 5 matches and it was a wasted season for him, but pretty poor behaviour from Wolves when we didn't really need him back at all, and didn't really use him well when we did get him back?
That was when he started speaking through his girlfriend and getting into spats, and some of our fans did start criticising him because of his lifestyle.

I think MGW's mind has been made up has been made up for a long long time...he wanted to get away and he wanted to send a little message at the same time, confirmed by his Forest interview.
I don't think it had anything to do with Lage or the fact that he's played 2 games this season....that sprightly first half against Fulham sealed his move for him, he knew he was in the shop window and that convinced Forest. If they'd have only watched the 2nd half maybe they wouldn't have bothered.
There was no guarantee that MGW was going to play on Saturday at Spurs and when you sign a 40 million international midfielder via the world's most influential agent you look after those players first.
MGW knew exactly what was going to happen when it comes to team selection. MGW has probably got the same clause in his Forest contract...he is nailed on as first choice which is more than he'd have got at Wolves, and he has far more chance of getting picked for England by potentially being one of Forest's better players.

For us it looks like a sideways move at best, but for MGW it probably doesn't seem like that.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe. Only time will tell.

However, play that game and the club is quite within its rights to seek value back for all the previous investment made in the player.

It's business.
Absolutely. Wolves did the right thing. Morgan did the right thing. Yes money likely played a big role but he's going to be the main man (give or take) and has the confidence to make that work.

Only time will tell.

For wolves, the money is good!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the most over rated player ever.
A high end championship player, how the hell can you justify 25m-42m he has had a good game or two for us. See stuff on social media saying this will come back to haunt us.. no it won't, he might bag 3 goals for forest as they finish in the bottom 6. Absolute crap. Probably a better played in Connor Ronan to be fair.
Sum him up by missing from 6 yards the other day in pretty much an open goal.
I have challenged people on this before now and no one replies ................surprise, surprise.
come on here and tell me that he is the onlyer ever to miss an open goal and then their may be some validity to what you are saying. Far more experienced players and genuine goalscorers have missed even easier chances.
The most over rated player...................Really. I am really curious how you work that one out. How do you rate a 22 year old? Has he come out and stated he is a fantastic player?
No he is a player who did not get much of a chance to intergrate into our first team squad so took the chance to drop a division to work at his game. He has not thrown his toys out of the prom. He has played two games for us and has been one of the better players in two very disappointing team perrormaces.
We can debate whether we think he is or not a good player but I do not understand all this vitrol against him.
I am sad to see a youngster who has grown up as a kid with this club villified by a number of supporters. If he did want to get out of this club I cannot blame him for that if he has had to face this toxic attitude.

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Things don't have to make sense though. Sometimes things have no meaning or apparent justification but they happen anyway...it's a quirk of human pyschology that we need to feel that we're getting a fresh start even if it makes no rational sense to an analytical human being (ala Brexit), but it happens anyway
He obviously moved because he just wanted to, when he could have played Wolves off against a Forest/Everton contract offer and asked Wolves to match the money on a 5yr deal, but he didn't want to even entertain it.

There is method behind it though.
There has been obvious friction with the club over how he was treated....few games, then dropped, a sub appearance, disappear, reappear, few games, then dropped...months out of the team at a time etc. He never nailed down a place in a team that needed somebody with his style because he wasn't up to the top standard required.
We have to face the facts that his best football form and consistency has been when he's got away from Wolves and played every week, firstly at Swansea and then at Sheffield albeit at a poorer standard. We pulled him back from a season loan at Swansea after 5 matches and it was a wasted season for him, but pretty poor behaviour from Wolves when we didn't really need him back at all, and didn't really use him well when we did get him back?
That was when he started speaking through his girlfriend and getting into spats, and some of our fans did start criticising him because of his lifestyle.

I think MGW's mind has been made up has been made up for a long long time...he wanted to get away and he wanted to send a little message at the same time, confirmed by his Forest interview.
I don't think it had anything to do with Lage or the fact that he's played 2 games this season....that sprightly first half against Fulham sealed his move for him, he knew he was in the shop window and that convinced Forest. If they'd have only watched the 2nd half maybe they wouldn't have bothered.
There was no guarantee that MGW was going to play on Saturday at Spurs and when you sign a 40 million international midfielder via the world's most influential agent you look after those players first.
MGW knew exactly what was going to happen when it comes to team selection. MGW has probably got the same clause in his Forest contract...he is nailed on as first choice which is more than he'd have got at Wolves, and he has far more chance of getting picked for England by potentially being one of Forest's better players.

For us it looks like a sideways move at best, but for MGW it probably doesn't seem like that.

If I can add something to that and it is my thoughts. The biggest factor for him to go to Forest was the manager. He knew he was going somewhere where he was appreciated. Maybe he might have trusted Bruno but I dont think he felt that way about Sellars and co.
Morgan could have stuck to his guns and stayed but he must have taken a wider view as to what would better his career at the moment. Who would not have done that in their own careers. To a player it is a career unlike the fans where it is a passion. Many players have to detcach their feelings to even play against a club they supported for years as a kid.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he could’ve made the different today but I understand why he was sold. Big statement inbound but I think he’ll have better numbers than Neto at the end of the season.

Milijas

Reaction score
I have challenged people on this before now and no one replies ................surprise, surprise.
come on here and tell me that he is the onlyer ever to miss an open goal and then their may be some validity to what you are saying. Far more experienced players and genuine goalscorers have missed even easier chances.
The most over rated player...................Really. I am really curious how you work that one out. How do you rate a 22 year old? Has he come out and stated he is a fantastic player?
No he is a player who did not get much of a chance to intergrate into our first team squad so took the chance to drop a division to work at his game. He has not thrown his toys out of the prom. He has played two games for us and has been one of the better players in two very disappointing team perrormaces.
We can debate whether we think he is or not a good player but I do not understand all this vitrol against him.
I am sad to see a youngster who has grown up as a kid with this club villified by a number of supporters. If he did want to get out of this club I cannot blame him for that if he has had to face this toxic attitude.
How do I rate a 22 year old? By the fact that he made his debut 5 years ago played 80+ games for us and contributed not a lot.
It's not as if I'm writing off a youngster as many did with say Fabio at 18 years old after one season.
And I believe he his over rated based on him being local /english and the fact he won a youth world cup.
It's not a toxic attitude it's just criticism, nothing personal but I believe he's low end prem or a very top champ player.
Wish him all the best and hope he does well.
The point I was making is so many people on social media saying we will regret this and that I disagree. He isn't good enough for midfield with what we have and I don't think he has the pace of our wide forwards and haven't been convinced by his finishing.
Just my opinion. But don't rate him.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest lead 1-0, though no MGW involvement.

Pickford pushed out a pretty standard shot from Yates into a dangerous area and the rebound from Johnson was gobbled up.

I wish we had been playing Everton today...
Everton not looking very organised considering they've got a shouty man, isn't that what we're missing now?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-1

Pickford booted it straight down the middle and the Forest defence despite being almost on the halfway line wasn't awake, allowing Gray to go through and convert.

Similar to our goal through Doyle on our first visit to Goodison after promotion in 2009.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do I rate a 22 year old? By the fact that he made his debut 5 years ago played 80+ games for us and contributed not a lot.
It's not as if I'm writing off a youngster as many did with say Fabio at 18 years old after one season.
And I believe he his over rated based on him being local /english and the fact he won a youth world cup.
It's not a toxic attitude it's just criticism, nothing personal but I believe he's low end prem or a very top champ player.
Wish him all the best and hope he does well.
The point I was making is so many people on social media saying we will regret this and that I disagree. He isn't good enough for midfield with what we have and I don't think he has the pace of our wide forwards and haven't been convinced by his finishing.
Just my opinion. But don't rate him.
Fair play for replying. 22 isn't old so lets see how he does when he has had more experience in the premier before we can judge.
Its fair that you say you dont rate him but what I was challenged by was when you wrote ' Sum him up by missing from 6 yards the other day in pretty much an open goal.'.....which you did not reply to :D because if you judge a player by missing an open goal them you would actually have to place him alongside some of the greatest players ever.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Walked the dog and listened to the radio yesterday during the 3pm kick offs. Both Radio 5 and Talksport said that MGW changed the momentum of the game when he came on in Forest's favour. That he brought a new intensity and speed to Forest's attacks. He also looked good on the brief highlights of him of MotD. Looks like he did well and may start in their next match. Debut players often start well and raise the intensity and the fans though. Will be interesting to see how he does over the season. I think he'll do quite well, he seems up for it, confident and determined, but time will tell.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still can't get my head round how much we got for him!
As a Championship player that's his level. Sheffield United supporters wanted him to be signed.
As a Premiership player, very limited. Missed a sitter v Fulham and ballooned it over bar.
Don't expect him to get much better than he already is.
Won't be Missed. V good deal selling him now.
Flatters to deceive.
His decision to leave. No intention to sign our contract on offer.
He'll start well and begin to fade and end up bench warming.
Too inconsistent.
Won't pull up any trees.
Good luck Morgan. Hope you don't regret the move !!
Glad it's finally been sorted.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Walked the dog and listened to the radio yesterday during the 3pm kick offs. Both Radio 5 and Talksport said that MGW changed the momentum of the game when he came on in Forest's favour. That he brought a new intensity and speed to Forest's attacks. He also looked good on the brief highlights of him of MotD. Looks like he did well and may start in their next match. Debut players often start well and raise the intensity and the fans though. Will be interesting to see how he does over the season. I think he'll do quite well, he seems up for it, confident and determined, but time will tell.

Did you watch the game? He did nothing but run after the ball and dive a few times.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
from E&S

In addition, Wolves will receive a cash injection if Forest avoid relegation from the Premier League this season. In total, surviving relegation and completing the appearance add-ons will give Wolves an addition £10million. It is also understood that some of the more unlikely add-ons include Forest making Europe.

Is that really so unlikely, we managed it? They have a free season with loads of investment before FFP kicks in, and they have no other distractions.
Seeing the mess West Ham are in again having to play these silly nothing matches so early in the season puts them at a disadvantage to clubs like us and Forest.

Back
Top Bottom