Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the 10 million likely add ons? I want 35 million not 25 million.
It is said £10mill are based on appearances and if Forest stay up.Further add-ons are said to be if Forest finish top half or qualify for Europe (which we did in our first season).

MGW fee is second highest for an uncapped England player (answers on a postcard).

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is said £10mill are based on appearances and if Forest stay up.Further add-ons are said to be if Forest finish top half or qualify for Europe (which we did in our first season).

MGW fee is second highest for an uncapped England player .
What's the top?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If you’re the Portugal manager and you go in to the World Cup with one week to prepare and Moutinho Neves Nunes have been playing week in week out for 3 months as a midfield 3, surely you’d be sorely tempted to start with them?

Having said that, Santos has proven you’ll be right and he’ll likely fail to utilise the talent at his disposal.

I genuinely think Portugal have as good a chance as anyone in Qatar if they had a top coach. As it stands I think they’ll come up short despite their squad depth.
He won't start any of the 3 imo, other than perhaps Moutinho

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What are the 10 million likely add ons? I want 35 million not 25 million.
As has been said before, I think the fee basically is 35 million and that that first lot of add ons are pretty much guaranteed. The fact they keep specifically mentions 7 to 10 million makes me think maybe it’s 7 based on appareances and the full 10 is if Forest stay up.

Remember we already rejected an offer of 25 million, so that first set of add ons must be pretty cast iron for us to accept this second bid.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't start any of the 3 imo, other than perhaps Moutinho
I don’t doubt that, I just think that’s a mistake when they have an advantage that most countries won’t with the short turn around before the tournament starts.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I don’t doubt that, I just think that’s a mistake when they have an advantage that most countries won’t with the short turn around before the tournament starts.
Tbh I wouldn't start Joao for us anymore but agree with you in principle

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very true.

A lot of Spain’s success came down to the fact that the spine of their team (particularly) the centre midfield all played together at Barca.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh I wouldn't start Joao for us anymore but agree with you in principle
I probably wouldn’t want to be relying on him to start, but I do think Nunes adds a dynamic that means he, Neves and Moutinho would be quite a balanced midfield 3.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I feel like Neves has started a few games more recently? So maybe Fernando Santos will see sense.
Just when all the international teams did during that rotation thing on the Nations League crap. Not nailed on

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just when all the international teams did during that rotation thing on the Nations League crap. Not nailed on

Ah fair, well he's clearly deluded if he thinks they have a better DM.

A midfield of Neves, Nunes and Bernardo Silva sounds epic. :hearteyes:

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couple of my mates who are season ticket holder’s at Forest think we’ve pulled a blinder and can’t believe they are paying that much for him. They said this is their owners ego taking over.

Unlike other forest fans, they said the task to stay up is huge and with a complete change in their squad it’s a risk. They realise they needed to strengthen but think some of their business is a bit scatter gun approach.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been said before, I think the fee basically is 35 million and that that first lot of add ons are pretty much guaranteed. The fact they keep specifically mentions 7 to 10 million makes me think maybe it’s 7 based on appareances and the full 10 is if Forest stay up.

Remember we already rejected an offer of 25 million, so that first set of add ons must be pretty cast iron for us to accept this second bid.
It really depends on what you want to believe. Its only various reports that have said that we have rejected various bids.
But something is only guaranteed not pretty much guaranteed. We dont know terms so how do we know how achievable they are?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couple of my mates who are season ticket holder’s at Forest think we’ve pulled a blinder and can’t believe they are paying that much for him. They said this is their owners ego taking over.

Unlike other forest fans, they said the task to stay up is huge and with a complete change in their squad it’s a risk. They realise they needed to strengthen but think some of their business is a bit scatter gun approach.
Starting to make Ridsdale and Mandaric look like spendthrifts

Rarely ends well

Reaction score
After Forest have sold him to one of the top clubs for big money. And I have seen nothing about a sell on clause for us.

Yes there’s always that possibility but I don’t think we could run the risk of playing him for a season or 2 and hoping he reached that level. Especially when there’s this sort of money on the table and he’s out of contract next year.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty clear imo anyway this deal is all about us wanting him to sign his deal now, and he wants to wait and see. It's a good deal for us still even though I think we would rather keep him.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Striking a degree of realism ,he wasn’t going to sign a new contract ,he has had one decent season in the CHAMPIONSHIP, we have never seen what he can do .Add in quite a few fans thought he was out of order what happened during Covid and as it stands he has left purely for money and could leave for nothing in 12 months
We have basically swapped him for Nunes .It is a good deal in my view.

WolfoftheWrekin

Reaction score
Bruno has totally bluffed Forest, i want MGW he's a starter then calling Nunes and Ramos. Wolves have loads a money and you are my go too's of you sign.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just finished work and found out how much we got for mgw, he’s worth about a quarter of that this is hilarious, Jeff Shi should be arrested for daylight robbery, absolutely ridiculous, I’m so happy, what a waste of money by Forest.
Id imagine he is worth more than a quarter of £25 million

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wonder how he’ll get on at Forest. Not that I care but it will be interesting that he’ll be their record signing, competing for his place (you’d think) with their top earner Lingard. Something has give.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really assed. Potentially a good player and clearly talented but has rarely looked sufficiently at ease to show his best, whether down to the weight of expectations, perceptions of him by his managers, past indiscretions or the clear disapproval of his girlfriend for being at a club she felt didn't show they wanted him, it was a relationship where too much happened for it to work. Good luck to him.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why should Forest waste this opportunity to build on Cooper's upward momentum? What would be the point in exercising caution, to then be relegated and take the parachute payments?

Forest are determined to make this season a memorable one, and Sunday's victory over West Ham provided firm evidence that they could surprise people this season.

Maybe in a few years, the expression 'Doing a Forest' will be used for promoted clubs daring to aim higher than just mere survival.

Pretty sure that’s doing a Wolves is it not, or did I dream the bit where we came up went to an FA Cup semi and finished 7th qualifying for Europe?

For a very brief period, circa 18 months we were for the first time in my life both popular among pundits and neutrals after promotion.

Then we started regularly taking points off the big boys and the narrative became we were ‘negative’ and boring to watch. Quickly we seemed to disappear on the popularity chart. I do wonder if success becomes a correlative factor.

I’m not sure any newly promoted clubs will manage to match our 2018/19 summer shopping spree. They may spend more and get more players in, but you’ll be hard pushed to better:

Raul
Jota (permanent)
Dendoncker
Moutinho
Jonny
Rui Patricio
Traore

Not sure we’ll match it again either, and I’m including this summer!

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the risk of using this a Fosun slapping stick (which it isn't), this is exactly what should have happened with Traore. Sell at maximum value.
The difference being, the money is on the table for MGW. I don’t think anyone bid anywhere near our valuation of Traore at the time, if at all, unless I’m mistaken.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was also thinking, when he signs for Forest, whether he thanks Wolves for all they have done for him over the years.
to be fair, he seemed really ****ed off when he was out on loan and just starting to show what he could do and we recalled him and then didn't play him. I reckon his mind has been made up for a long time. I thought on Saturday he tried harder than he's ever tried for us but he's been inconsistent and maybe he needs to go somewhere where he will be firmly in the spotlight with full freedom (for about the first 5 games anyway), rather than at Wolves where the fans have always been a little suspicious of whether he could ever dictate a game and not manage to keep giving the ball away.

I can remember the neat pass against Chelsea....little else ? I'd have sold him for 15 mill, so to get this is a great deal for us.

Back
Top Bottom